The earth was just almost destroyed by an asteroid and

I didn't. I merely stated what tsunamis do. No need for you to get annoyed with me, save that for her.
But so do I know about tsunamis.
This person (Frannie) originally said we should deal with killer asteroids by putting some men and women in a space craft as if that would solve everything..
And I said we could also put some men and women in a boat to deal with tsunamis... as if it were all just that simple.

I found her comments rude and overly simplistic, comically simplistic. I posted a citation to a National Geographic
explanation of tsunamis I found her thinking so lacking and she turned around and quoted my own citation back to me as if I was the one lacking in understanding. And it was all done with insults and rudeness.

I'm not annoyed with you. I just think you may lack an understanding of my exchange on the issue.

I didn't. I merely stated what tsunamis do. No need for you to get annoyed with me, save that for her.
But so do I know about tsunamis.
This person (Frannie) originally said we should deal with killer asteroids by putting some men and women in a space craft as if that would solve everything..
And I said we could also put some men and women in a boat to deal with tsunamis... as if it were all just that simple.

I found her comments rude and overly simplistic, comically simplistic. I posted a citation to a National Geographic
explanation of tsunamis I found her thinking so lacking and she turned around and quoted my own citation back to me as if I was the one lacking in understanding. And it was all done with insults and rudeness.

I'm not annoyed with you. I just think you may lack an understanding of my exchange on the issue.
Dude every fisherman in the world will head for deep water if they know a tsunami is coming. Tsunamis do not harm boats in deep water, if you had a clue you would know this, the damage is caused by the boat getting slammed on the dock or lifted on the wave out of the water and onto land. Keep babbling

No Lincoln never said that, he did tell Grant to blow every confederate away and burn the town before he left. Lincoln was not the Worlds most popular man, but he saved and created a greater country.

Truth matters, imbeciles will digress
The truth needn't be stated always in a rude confrontational manner. As I said, it makes coming to an accord (which is usually a good thing) much more difficult.

Dude every fisherman in the world will head for deep water if they know a tsunami is coming. Tsunamis do not harm boats in deep water, if you had a clue you would know this
I don't know where I've ever stated otherwise. You seem to think I have. I haven't....dude.

No Lincoln never said that, he did tell Grant to blow every confederate away and burn the town before he left. Lincoln was not the Worlds most popular man, but he saved and created a greater country.

Truth matters, imbeciles will digress
The truth needn't be stated always in a rude confrontational manner. As I said, it makes coming to an accord (which is usually a good thing) much more difficult.
I am not a diplomat ask the FBI

So you didn't say the above...…………..

U sure
You left out the context in which my remark was made. Typical.
I sent YOU a link explaining the science and facts of tsunamis from National Geographic. I don't really need to defend my understanding of that phenomenon. And with that I end our unproductive exchange. Forever, hopefully.

The earth was just almost destroyed by an asteroid

The Earth has "almost" been destroyed by an asteroid every millisecond since you've been born.

So you didn't say the above...…………..

U sure
You left out the context in which my remark was made. Typical.
I sent YOU a link explaining the science and facts of tsunamis from National Geographic. I don't really need to defend my understanding of that phenomenon. And with that I end our unproductive exchange. Forever, hopefully.
The context was that you did not know that a tsunami is not dangerous in deep water, which puts you in that deep water.

Next

An ocean impact will be more likely with an asteroid. Can you imagine the tidal waves from a large asteroid splashdown?

Actually, it would be probably less than you imagine. Throw rock into a pond and look at the height of the ripples it creates. Generally, they are not any tall that the size of the rock, so you would see a 100-yard (300 feet) that would dissipate rapidly away from the impact because it goes in all directions. Earthquakes cause huge tsunamis because they are directional.

The asteroid would actually be much smaller than a football field if it ever reached the surface. In fact, it would more likely explode above the surface of an ocean somewhere, resulting in an even smaller tidal wave.

Last edited:
LOL

you know what I want to hear? I want to hear when the Earth was finally destroyed by the freaking asteroid.

that's what I want to hear

To be fair I don't think this was "earth destroying" and I think that's in part why they missed it. It would have absolutely been catastrophic for some but "earth destroying"? I don't think so. Too small
Should we assume that the next t rex roid will be seen and Bruce Willis will land on it, or should we build moon and Mars bases and cruise ships to wait this out in orbit

Oh listen, I would MUCH rather take my chances here on earth than live in any "moon and Mars bases". Absolutely.
There will be no chance on earth, the ocean will sweep over the land the crust will crack and nuclear winter will block the sun, pieces of the earth will enter orbit and form rings like Saturn. Then the arks can return home to plant and build again. It's happened here before and it might happen everywhere

Your odds of getting killed on the Moon or Mars would be astronomically higher because they have no atmosphere.

Anybody know when the last major object crashed into the moon? Would you believe it could have been as recent as 2009, but the crater was only 30 feet across?

Last edited:
.... I say....

would be interesting to be on the other side of this Earth when the freaking asteroid hits....

BOOM that's all we would hear on this other side

BOOM

thing would burn down to a basketball sized rock by the time it went through our atmosphere!:bigbed:

Like I always say.......especially on community message boards.........some people just tend to the hysterical all the time.
Are you aware that a tungsten rod dropped from space would pack a nuclear equivalent

Next

Bullshit! Go take a physics course and stop spreading stupid!

thing would burn down to a basketball sized rock by the time it went through our atmosphere!:bigbed:

Like I always say.......especially on community message boards.........some people just tend to the hysterical all the time.
Are you aware that a tungsten rod dropped from space would pack a nuclear equivalent

Next
The Pentagon’s New Super Weapon Is Basically A Weaponized Meteor Strike

Yawning

Didn't read the article, did you?

Forum List

Back