The earth was just almost destroyed by an asteroid and

If you know that a tsunami is coming and can not get your boat or ship out of the water then you head out at full speed to deep water where the tsunami will pass harmlessly under your boat. You may not have a dock to return too but ships in deep water are not effected by the wave. The fishing boats here also head out into the bay during a hurricane and anchor, as there is no dock to slam into.

You keep pretending little boy
This presumes much. Going to sea does not "counter" the tsunami. It still exists and not all tsunamis originate far out at sea. Your obnoxious manners don't help any either.
It does if you own a boat which you clearly do not and never will unless the one in your bathtub counts

Frannie is correct, tsunamis are not visible until they get close to shore, then their wavelength and amplitude, and a host of other factors, determines their height.
I don't remember saying huge walls of water signify tsunamis out at sea. Try quoting my exact words next time instead of misrepresenting me

It's a one (1) or a zero (0)...

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...

Would have destroyed a major city, not the Earth, but there is certainly more than one rock out there that is capable of ending civilization and these assholes would rather fiddle and waste money on the global warming fraud, than actually figure out how to prevent an asteroid strike.
A big one resets mankind back to the Stone Age. Maybe they would like that.
No it sends the earth back to a bacterial stage

Not necessarily, the asteroid that precipitated the end of the dinosaurs killed 90% of life on the planet. There were still large critters that survived.

If you know that a tsunami is coming and can not get your boat or ship out of the water then you head out at full speed to deep water where the tsunami will pass harmlessly under your boat. You may not have a dock to return too but ships in deep water are not effected by the wave. The fishing boats here also head out into the bay during a hurricane and anchor, as there is no dock to slam into.

This presumes much. Going to sea does not "counter" the tsunami. It still exists and not all tsunamis originate far out at sea. To say the wave is "nothing" at sea shows a lack of knowledge.

Your obnoxious manners don't help any either. But I suppose you can't help being an a-hole.

She is misusing the term, but yes, if you are in deep water a tsunami will not affect you. However, an asteroid strike doesn't generate a tsunami, it generates a splash. Entirely different animal. A modern example of that would be Lituya Bay where a 1700 foot wave cleaned off the vegetation after an earthquake dropped several million tons of rock into the bay in 1958.

They erroneously call it a tsunami, and in a way you can call it that because it was generated by an earthquake, but it is a different wave from the normal tsunami generated by displacement of the ocean floor which causes the wave to propagate.

This presumes much. Going to sea does not "counter" the tsunami. It still exists and not all tsunamis originate far out at sea. Your obnoxious manners don't help any either.
It does if you own a boat which you clearly do not and never will unless the one in your bathtub counts

Insulting people doesn't help your cause.

Frannie is correct, tsunamis are not visible until they get close to shore, then their wavelength and amplitude, and a host of other factors, determines their height.
I don't remember saying huge walls of water signify tsunamis out at sea. Try quoting my exact words next time instead of misrepresenting me

I didn't. I merely stated what tsunamis do. No need for you to get annoyed with me, save that for her.

Would have destroyed a major city, not the Earth, but there is certainly more than one rock out there that is capable of ending civilization and these assholes would rather fiddle and waste money on the global warming fraud, than actually figure out how to prevent an asteroid strike.

Not necessarily, the asteroid that precipitated the end of the dinosaurs killed 90% of life on the planet. There were still large critters that survived.
The point is that we orbit our sun once a year, but our sun orbits the galactic core once every 250 or so million years. Parts of our galaxy are empty and other parts crowded. No telling if the next asteroid is planet sized..... we need off, the eggs should not be in the same basket

Lincoln told grant to insult people, he made the right call

The point is that we orbit our sun once a year, but our sun orbits the galactic core once every 250 or so million years. Parts of our galaxy are empty and other parts crowded. No telling if the next asteroid is planet sized..... we need off, the eggs should not be in the same basket

Agreed. So long as we are tied to this one planet we are indeed doomed.

I disagree. Some people need to be insulted, but to drop to insults as a your standard go to, is neither helpful, nor proper.

Not a planet buster..but would ruin someone's day for sure. space is large..and that asteroid very, very small..in the scheme of things. Truth is..had we known..there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Which is stupid. Instead of wasting money on the fraud of global warming we should be investing in the space program and developing technologies to deal with these rocks because there are a bunch of them with our name on them.

A) I doubt Lincoln said that, or if he did, you have totally left out the context that would justify that remark.

B) Insults invariably set up opposition and that leads to conflict not resolution. How can that be helpful?

I certainly insult my share but none of it is unprompted. If I can communicate with someone without insulting that person the results are so much better. You should try it if you suddenly feel like acting less like a child.

I disagree. Some people need to be insulted, but to drop to insults as a your standard go to, is neither helpful, nor proper.
Actually I know of a President who disagrees...…………………

Great President too

MAGA

A) I doubt Lincoln said that, or if he did, you have totally left out the context that would justify that remark.

B) Insults invariably set up opposition and that leads to conflict not resolution. How can that be helpful?

I certainly insult my share but none of it is unprompted. If I can communicate with someone without insulting that person the results are so much better. You should try it if you suddenly feel like acting less like a child.
No Lincoln never said that, he did tell Grant to blow every confederate away and burn the town before he left. Lincoln was not the Worlds most popular man, but he saved and created a greater country.

Truth matters, imbeciles will digress

Forum List

Back