The End of Identity Liberalism

15_zpsahqx1fvw.gif~original
So now you are listening to Europeans? Please make up your minds.
What's wrong with that?

And how many minds do I have?

What's wrong with that?

I was speaking to people, not just you. Perhaps you should get some sleep.
Not "just" me? That would mean you ARE speaking to me.

Please explain.

Or are you just trolling again?
Get some sleep. There are more people on the boards than just you.

What's wrong with that?

Please explain.

Tough question, huh?

I've already slept, but thanks for your concern.

Troll away, it's always a good sign.

What's wrong with that?

Please explain.

Tough question, huh?

So, you are just sitting at your computer looking for someone to talk to?

What's wrong with that?

Please explain.

Tough question, huh?

That must mean you are too, huh?

Look, you thought you could ignore the point of the thread, ignore the fact that the writer of the NYT piece is an AMERICAN liberal, drop a catty comment and leave. I called you on it, but you can still leave.

If you're going to behave like a dishonest hardcore partisan ideologue, I'll treat you like one.

You were nailed and we both know it. No reason to whine about it.

Please explain.

Tough question, huh?

Look, you thought you could ignore the point of the thread, ignore the fact that the writer of the NYT piece is an AMERICAN liberal, drop a catty comment and leave. I called you on it, but you can still leave.

If you're going to behave like a dishonest hardcore partisan ideologue, I'll treat you like one.

I am in my studio waiting for paint to dry. Now go troll someone else please.

Please explain.

Tough question, huh?

I am in my studio waiting for paint to dry. Now go troll someone else please.
Ironic, since you're trolling in a thread I started.

You're not very good at deflection this early. So I'll say it again, and maybe you'll respond directly:

You thought you could ignore the point of the thread, ignore the fact that the writer of the NYT piece is an AMERICAN liberal, drop a catty comment and leave. I called you on it, but you can still leave.

Whoa! Interesting update here, looking at the comment section of the piece.

There are definitely some of the same deniers we're seeing in this thread, but also some who agree wholeheartedly. There may be hope!

One example:

I am a professor at a major East Coast university. I teach the criticism and appreciation of literature and film. I just sent a link to this article to my graduate students and asked them to think about it in terms of their own lives and work. "Identity politics" and the "politics of difference" extends far beyond Freshman Orientation pep talks, special-interest fraternal organizations, speaking invitations, and hiring decisions in the contemporary American university. It warps and blinkers the entire intellectual process to the point that artistic texts are understood almost exclusively in terms of issues of race, class, gender, and other forms of so-called "otherness." Mr. Lilla's call to "we-ness" is intellectually long overdue. On behalf of my arts graduate students, I thank him.

There are definitely some of the same deniers we're seeing in this thread, but also some who agree wholeheartedly. There may be hope!

One example:

I am a professor at a major East Coast university. I teach the criticism and appreciation of literature and film. I just sent a link to this article to my graduate students and asked them to think about it in terms of their own lives and work. "Identity politics" and the "politics of difference" extends far beyond Freshman Orientation pep talks, special-interest fraternal organizations, speaking invitations, and hiring decisions in the contemporary American university. It warps and blinkers the entire intellectual process to the point that artistic texts are understood almost exclusively in terms of issues of race, class, gender, and other forms of so-called "otherness." Mr. Lilla's call to "we-ness" is intellectually long overdue. On behalf of my arts graduate students, I thank him.

The contention here is that conservatives have an open tent while liberals do not?

Awesomely funny.

One example:

The contention here is that conservatives have an open tent while liberals do not?

Awesomely funny.
Ah, a transparent Straw Man argument in a desperate attempt to deflect, to start my day!

You folks hate being exposed by honest liberals, and I love it.

One example:

Awesomely funny.

Liberals have an open tent for all races, all genders, just as long as everyone thinks alike.

One example:

Awesomely funny.

Liberals have an open tent for all races, all genders, just as long as everyone thinks alike.
Cracks are showing here and there.

Always hopeful. We'll see.

PC blew up in the left loon's faces.

The result is President-elect Donald Trump

PC had nothing to do with it. Hillary won the popular vote because the People don't want a guy like Trump as president.
Bullshit. You don't understand what happened, and perhaps never will due to your filters. Trump was/IS very popular with so many because he addressed what concerns their daily lives. Too much government, weak borders, excessive burdens on business, trade deals that benefit the wealthiest while the middle class withers on the vine, etc., etc.

His rallies were a sight to behold, packing large stadiums sometimes on a moments notice. Hillary, on the other hand, had trouble filling high school gymnasiums. There was no contest in popularity. Hillary didn't win the popular vote, she got more votes because liberals did what leftists always do, they want more and more power and control.

I'm on a contractor forum and we were not seeing any Hillary signs. I'm in a uber liberal area and never saw ONE. Leave the city and it's all Trump, everyone said the same. The Bernie signs got replaced with Stein signs.

The SCOTUS appointments alone would have sealed the deal. The high court would essentially be a rubber stamp for all things leftist.

Thank God America woke up enough to derail that disastrous train. Liberalism has gone full tilt leftist and I guarantee you they think they failed because they weren't leftist enough. The rest of us can kick back and enjoy the show.

Cultural agenda?

Christian conservatism. that's not a cultural agenda?

Christian conservatism has mostly moved on from the "Do what we say to do" annoyance of the 80's/90's era moral majority to more of a "just leave us the hell alone" pleading we see now.

Remember, even the ones that really want to overturn Roe are realistic enough to know that a lot of States would set up their own protections for abortion on demand.

The pendulum has swung to the left being the side that wants to make everyone either think and act like they do, or be to afraid to be public about thinking or acting differently.

Forum List

Back