The existence of evil, and naivete'.

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
Discuss. One possible resource is M Scott Peck, PEOPLE OF THE LIE, The Hope for Healing Human Evil.

He talks alot about "ordinary evil".

"There really are people and institutions made up of people, who respond with hatred in the presence of goodness and would destroy the good insofar as it is in their power to do so. They do this not with conscious malice but blindly, lacking awareness of their own evil -- indeed, seeking to avoid any such awareness. As has been described of the devil in religious literature, they hate the light and instinctively will do anything to avoid it, including attempting to extinguish it. They will destroy the light in their own children and in all other beings subject to their power.

Evil people hate the light because it reveals themselves to themselves. They hate goodness because it reveals their badness; they hate love because it reveals their laziness. They will destroy the light, the goodness, the love in order to avoid the pain of such self-awareness. My second conclusion, then, is that evil is laziness carried to its ultimate, extraordinary extreme. As I have defined it, love is the antithesis of laziness. Ordinary laziness is a passive failure to love. Some ordinarily lazy people may not lift a finger to extend themselves unless they are compelled to do so. Their being is a manifestation of nonlove; still, they are not evil.

Truly evil people, on the other hand, actively rather than passively avoid extending themselves. They will take any action in their power to protect their own laziness, to preserve the integrity of their sick self. Rather than nurturing others, they will actually destroy others in this cause. If necessary, they will even kill to escape the pain of their own spiritual growth. As the integrity of their sick self is threatened by the spiritual health of those around them, they will seek by all manner of means to crush and demolish the spiritual health that may exist near them.

I define evil, then, as the exercise of political power -- that is, the imposition of one’s will upon others by overt or covert coercion -- in order to avoid extending one’s self for the purpose of nurturing spiritual growth. Ordinary laziness is nonlove; evil is antilove.
right-quote.png

M. Scott Peck Psychiatrist & author

So true. I was in an elevator this morning when a fat lady farted. That was wrong, but when she giggled about it, that was pure evil.

People who prey on other people, to abuse them for personal benefits and gratification, can be labeled as “emotional sharks.” But in reality, they are worse than sharks. Animals are without much choice over their actions. They have an instinct to eat and survive. However, Emotional Sharks CHOOSE to manipulate, hurt, and do whatever it takes to “win” at the expense of others.
cunning deceitful manipulators – How to Deal with Difficult People

There is no such thing as evil if there is no God. Without God, a pedophiles opinion is just as valid as Mother Teresa's.

There are people who are pure evil. I have known some and I am sure they were born that way. The few I have known fool most people but for me they throw out vibes that I can feel. Other people can feel the vibes but they don't recognize them for what they are. I've found that first impressions really do matter and am seldom wrong. If I can, I steer clear of these types and try to subtly warn others of their danger. I studied psychology and human behavior at night school in local colleges while I was in the Army as a supplement to my duties as an instructor, which the Army paid for. Human behavior is a very interesting thing to study. I loved the courses.

There is no such thing as evil if there is no God. Without God, a pedophiles opinion is just as valid as Mother Teresa's.

Are you saying man or society, as a whole, is incapable of making moral decisions? Are people who worship a different god or a different version of god incapable of morality? That's nuts.

I loved the Road Less Traveled and Further along the Road Less Traveled.

I think the greatest criticism leveled against it, that it was "pop Buddhism" for the masses was probably a fair critique. But that was before I became familiar with Taoism. Much of his stuff isn't that original, it just makes ancient wisdom more accessible for the masses who are now, more than ever before, ready to dispense with elite dogma, which has been used in previous centuries to control, more than to uplift humanity.

Are you saying man or society, as a whole, is incapable of making moral decisions? Are people who worship a different god or a different version of god incapable of morality? That's nuts.
Even people who believe in God can choose the path of Satan, whom they worship. However unlike Satan, who knows the final outcome, they are incapable of knowing the outcome.

Man sets morality without the God of Jacob all of the time.
Khmer Rouge, NAZI party, Stalinism, Boko Harem, ISIS......

"There really are people and institutions made up of people, who respond with hatred in the presence of goodness and would destroy the good insofar as it is in their power to do so"

Uh yeah, it's called the democratic party.

There are people who are pure evil. I have known some and I am sure they were born that way. The few I have known fool most people but for me they throw out vibes that I can feel. Other people can feel the vibes but they don't recognize them for what they are. I've found that first impressions really do matter and am seldom wrong. If I can, I steer clear of these types and try to subtly warn others of their danger. I studied psychology and human behavior at night school in local colleges while I was in the Army as a supplement to my duties as an instructor, which the Army paid for. Human behavior is a very interesting thing to study. I loved the courses.

No one is "born evil." Get real.

12705231_649310961838205_3671812418993483171_n.jpg

I believe it and that's what matters to me.

How do you know?

Even people who believe in God can choose the path of Satan, whom they worship. However unlike Satan, who knows the final outcome, they are incapable of knowing the outcome.
Faust was on last night..

Faust was on last night..
Yeah, I saw Hillary on CNN at a town hall.

Man sets morality without the God of Jacob all of the time.
Khmer Rouge, NAZI party, Stalinism, Boko Harem, ISIS......
Individuals have love, institutions don't.

Learn the difference.

People respond to people. Nameless, faceless bureaucratic organizations exist for one purpose, to feed the power of the bureaucracy.

There is no difference between the Khmer Rouge, NAZI party, Stalinism, Boko Harem, ISIS and the Democrat and Republican parties. The only difference is in their tactics and in your mind.

If you believe there is any difference, you have been watching too much TV and have been indoctrinated by MSM and the very educational institutions that these parties control.

Do these parties have love? Do these parties have compassion? If it were a choice between their destruction and the destruction of millions of their "enemies" who do you think they would pick?

Already in the media, I see signs of the absolutely hating, and I mean, hating, other people in their own nation. These are our very own citizens. So you tell me what the difference is? That's rhetorical. There isn't any.

BLM founders and the nation of Islam talk about killing whites. Trump tells his supporters to get violent. These sectarians are no different. The violence, the hatred, whatever. Once the genie is out of the bottle, there is no love, there is no morality, only evil and hatred.

Blm+co+founder+tweets+about+killing+white+men+trigger+mentionlist+addypoliticalstuff_bdda85_5881128.jpg

CfTPRwmVAAA2-Ik.jpg

When groups of people are fighting for power, questions of morality and god disappear.

when-the-power-of-love-overcomes-the-love-of-power-the-world-will-know-peace-3.jpg

I believe it and that's what matters to me.

So, if you thought that you had a grandchild or great grandchild that was a month or two old that was born naturally evil, would you do the world a favor and just give it a "crib death?" :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back