The Existence of God Almighty

A reminder.

The existence of God Almighty who created the universe (and is above any form of humanness) is something proven, as taught in Islam.

Footprints indicate a walker. Likewise the vast pathways in the sky above you or the constellations of the Zodiac or even the rain that comes from the sky; those are clear indications of the existence of a unique Almighty God, Creator of the universe and everything it it.

Then because He owns you as He created you, He has the right that you love Him, that you worship Him. He loves you. Since He created you, He loves you. So love Him also.
Islam is the embodiment of pure evil, formed from the delusion if a pedophile psychotic.
They all are. None of them are real and no good comes from a lie. I guess that's not true. A lot of good Muslims out there doing good things in the name of Allah.
Ya can't hide evil.
What is evil. Give me example of ways being athiest is "evil"

A reminder.

The existence of God Almighty who created the universe (and is above any form of humanness) is something proven, as taught in Islam.

Footprints indicate a walker. Likewise the vast pathways in the sky above you or the constellations of the Zodiac or even the rain that comes from the sky; those are clear indications of the existence of a unique Almighty God, Creator of the universe and everything it it.

Then because He owns you as He created you, He has the right that you love Him, that you worship Him. He loves you. Since He created you, He loves you. So love Him also.
Islam is the embodiment of pure evil, formed from the delusion if a pedophile psychotic.
They all are. None of them are real and no good comes from a lie. I guess that's not true. A lot of good Muslims out there doing good things in the name of Allah.
Ya can't hide evil.

First, you're not an A-thiest, you're an Anti-thiest and one of the more ignorant examples of such.

But hey... such is the nature of profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity.

A reminder.

Ya can't hide evil.

First, you're not an A-thiest, you're an Anti-thiest and one of the more ignorant examples of such.

But hey... such is the nature of profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity.
I dont like a lot of theists its true. But I'm not against god. I simply dont believe one exists and even if one did exist believing in him would not matter to it. You believing is strictly for your benefit.

Ya can't hide evil.

I dont like a lot of theists its true. But I'm not against god. I simply dont believe one exists and even if one did exist believing in him would not matter to it. You believing is strictly for your benefit.

Nonsense. You're a liar. You don't WANT to believe that God exists, because you're going to spend eternity in incomprehensible anguish, because God exist and you lack the courage to live your life according to God's Law.

There's good news on that score... None of us measure up. But God came to earth in the form of a human being whose name was Jesus. He lived a sinless life, saved many lives curing physical maladies and contested the power in his region, and he did so knowing that they would torture him, over several days and nail him to the cross to die a slow and agonizing death and he did so to spare you the eternal damnation you otherwise so richly deserve.

You need only ask him to save you from that, turn from your life of ignorance and pursuit of self fulfillment and praise him as your lord and savior and you will be spared.

Couldn't be easier and its all yours, having been done for you, over two thousand years ago.

Ya can't hide evil.

Nonsense. You're a liar. You don't WANT to believe that God exists, because you're going to spend eternity in incomprehensible anguish, because God exist and you lack the courage to live your life according to God's Law.

There's good news on that score... None of us measure up. But God came to earth in the form of a human being whose name was Jesus. He lived a sinless life, saved many lives curing physical maladies and contested the power in his region, and he did so knowing that they would torture him, over several days and nail him to the cross to die a slow and agonizing death and he did so to spare you the eternal damnation you otherwise so richly deserve.

You need only ask him to save you from that, turn from your life of ignorance and pursuit of self fulfillment and praise him as your lord and savior and you will be spared.

Couldn't be easier and its all yours, having been done for you, over two thousand years ago.

Sorry. Can't believe when I dont believe. Can't fake it. And can't help but see how brainwashed you are. If you grew up in Saudi Arabia you'd be telling me the truth according to Mohammad or in Utah Joseph smith.

I am speaking from the Islamic perspective.

The proof that God exists is His act. Like footprints indicate a walker, His act indicates His existence. The rain that comes from the sky, the constellations of the Zodiac and the vast pathways above you in the sky point to the existence of a unique Almighty God.

The Islamic Perspective is irrelevant.

Wrong again.

As the Muslim proverb goes, "I strap on explosives, therefore, God exists"

A reminder.

Islam uses the same basis as you do: religious belief.

There are certainly forces not yet known about by science. There is still room for a God outside the universe.

That's a good place for god. I am comfortable with a god outside of the known universe.

God is the known universe... Which is to say, that absent God, there is no universe.

Says you. But you've presented nothing to back this up. Not logically, factually, or rationally.

Your first mover argument doesn't support your argument. As it doesn't mandate sentience, a singular nature, 'goodness', omniscience, omnipotence, interactions with man, awareness of our existence, or even the capacity of awareness. It need not even exist anymore.

All of those (and oh-so-many more) are merely your own subjective assumptions, based on your own relativistic beliefs. And aren't part of your 'first mover' argument.

As the only attribute necessary for a first mover....is that it (or they) moved first. That's it. Nothing more.

Ya can't hide evil.

God's law....according to who? Remember, there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of different 'gods' with different 'laws'. And most of those conceptions are mutually exclusive. It can't be Jesus and a Greek Pantheon of Gods. Its one or the other.

Or.....neither. As there's nothing that mandates that anyone got it right.

You're offering us your assumptions. And you can't factually back any of them. You can merely type them. Which defines nothing.

Ya can't hide evil.

This story never gets old.

It makes me laugh my ass off every time I hear it.

Ya can't hide evil.

You're running headlong into the scarriest part of religion, in my opinion: the certainty of it. You have folks that are absolutely certain that whatever they've chosen to believe must be objective truth. No matter how baseless, subjective, or unverifable.

They are certain. Certain that they are right. And certain that their perspective defines what is right and good.

Which means that anything that doesn't conform to their beliefs must be, by definition, evil and wrong. And there's very little that goodness and rightness isn't justified in doing to defeat evil.

There aren't a lot of ambivalent suicide bombers.

You're running headlong into the scarriest part of religion, in my opinion: the certainty of it. You have folks that are absolutely certain that whatever they've chosen to believe must be objective truth. No matter how baseless, subjective, or unverifable.

They are certain. Certain that they are right. And certain that their perspective defines what is right and good.

Which means that anything that doesn't conform to their beliefs must be, by definition, evil and wrong. And there's very little that goodness and rightness isn't justified in doing to defeat evil.

To me the world we live in seems complex enough to understand without muddying the process with nonsense.

It will be a sad day for those that want to believe in something more than what we have right in front of us when they discover that we have wasted any chance to survive by using up all of our energy resources.

I know, it's a long way into the future but, our sun will eventually run out of fuel and when it does we will perish if we haven't planned for that certainty. We are seemingly stuck on stupid with all this religious gobblety gook. Hopefully we will start acting like mature adults and abandon these childlike ways.

Religion is the epitome of narcissism. Every thing is about us. This "god" is for us. His "son" was for us.

The bible says we are all sinners. No, we are all just stupid to varying degrees. We all make bad choices from time to time. Rather than just confront our failings on our own we seem to need approval. We can correct our own behavior and usually the consequences of our mistakes. Sometimes we can't. Either way we do not need an outside source or organization to be involved.

I won't be around to see if we evolve into a truly intelligent species but it would be satisfying to see us make an effort to head in that direction.

To me the world we live in seems complex enough to understand without muddying the process with nonsense.

It will be a sad day for those that want to believe in something more than what we have right in front of us when they discover that we have wasted any chance to survive by using up all of our energy resources.

I know, it's a long way into the future but, our sun will eventually run out of fuel and when it does we will perish if we haven't planned for that certainty. We are seemingly stuck on stupid with all this religious gobblety gook. Hopefully we will start acting like mature adults and abandon these childlike ways.

Religion is the epitome of narcissism. Every thing is about us. This "god" is for us. His "son" was for us.

The bible says we are all sinners. No, we are all just stupid to varying degrees. We all make bad choices from time to time. Rather than just confront our failings on our own we seem to need approval. We can correct our own behavior and usually the consequences of our mistakes. Sometimes we can't. Either way we do not need an outside source or organization to be involved.

I won't be around to see if we evolve into a truly intelligent species but it would be satisfying to see us make an effort to head in that direction.

I'm not arguing against religion in particular. I'm arguing against certainty. Believe in God all you like. Just maintain a manageable kernel of doubt. It doesn't have to be particularly big. Its shocking how little skepticism and doubt it takes to keep someone from doing the most idiotic shit in the name of their religion.

Certainty is the end of intellectual curiosity, the end of discovery, the end of questions. Its a terminal destination. And one from which you can do some truly awful things.

I'm not arguing against religion in particular. I'm arguing against certainty. Believe in God all you like. Just maintain a manageable kernel of doubt. It doesn't have to be particularly big. Its shocking how little skepticism and doubt it takes to keep someone from doing the most idiotic shit in the name of their religion.

Certainty is the end of intellectual curiosity, the end of discovery, the end of questions. Its a terminal destination. And one from which you can do some truly awful things.

Which is worse? Certainty there is a supreme being or certainty that one does not exist?

If I believe there is no god for what reason would I cling to your "kernel" that I am wrong.

Believing one is right, certain is an interesting topic of discussion.

Can someone be brainwashed into certainty? Can a life of indoctrination close the deal?

What examples do we have of people who are certain and obviously wrong? The people of North Korea say their leader is divine. They seem to really believe it. As you have offered earlier muslims strap on bombs and blow themselves up. That kind of action appears an obvious 100% certainty.

Certainty in it's self certainly is proof of nothing.

Which is worse? Certainty there is a supreme being or certainty that one does not exist?

Either are pretty limiting. Though I'd say you'd have an easier time convincing someone who is certain there is a god to do awful, awful shit if you can convince that person that you speak for god. Its a much more difficult task with someone convince God doesn't exist.

Faith, by its very nature, mandates that we set cold reason aside. That we lessen our reliance on what we can see and instead rely more fully on what we cannot. That we abdicate our own capacity for moral reasoning and accept that of God instead. So even if something seems wrong, God's commandment makes it righteous.

I could get many 'certain' Christians to agree that slaughtering babies in their cribs was righteous, given a commandment from God. I'd have a harder time convincing someone convinced God doesn't exist.

If I believe there is no god for what reason would I cling to your "kernel" that I am wrong.

Because maybe you are wrong.

Now that would be ideal.

Believing one is right, certain is an interesting topic of discussion.

Can someone be brainwashed into certainty? Can a life of indoctrination close the deal?

What examples do we have of people who are certain and obviously wrong? The people of North Korea say their leader is divine. They seem to really believe it. As you have offered earlier muslims strap on bombs and blow themselves up. That kind of action appears an obvious 100% certainty.

Certainty in it's self certainly is proof of nothing.
Do you know a lot of the women kidnapped by boka raham think those men are good and we are devils?

So where did Keyes and all his insistence of God's existence go? The moment you start pointing out the fallacies of basing a Judeo Christian god on the first mover argument, Keyes vanishes like a fart in the wind.

Either are pretty limiting. Though I'd say you'd have an easier time convincing someone who is certain there is a god to do awful, awful shit if you can convince that person that you speak for god. Its a much more difficult task with someone convince God doesn't exist.

Faith, by its very nature, mandates that we set cold reason aside. That we lessen our reliance on what we can see and instead rely more fully on what we cannot. That we abdicate our own capacity for moral reasoning and accept that of God instead. So even if something seems wrong, God's commandment makes it righteous.

I could get many 'certain' Christians to agree that slaughtering babies in their cribs was righteous, given a commandment from God. I'd have a harder time convincing someone convinced God doesn't exist.

Because maybe you are wrong.
Is that the argument where even if it doesnt make sense to someone you tell them to let god in because its better to be safe than sorry? I think a lot of theists fall into this category.

Forum List

Back