The exploitation of Hollywierd......read on

I'm waiting for the Davey and Goliath movie. With CGI Davey and Goliath.

Davey thinks he is catching the bus to church but Goliath, who gets on the bus with him, remarks "I don't think this is the bus to church Davey. Everyone here is chanting Isis and wants to know what religion we are."

"Oh Goliath, you worry too much. We'll just tell them we're Christians on our way to church."

"I don't know Davey."

Then Davey says to Goliath, "why so serious."

You joke but that would probably be a smash hit if done correctly and with quality production.

Kind of a Gladiator feel to it mixed with some Lord of the Rings imagery. I could see it being a big time hit.

Why should people who don't get their kicks out of trash movies be denied SOME kind of movie venue they can enjoy? I've purchased a couple of these movies out of desperation for something I think I can stomach ... not realizing at the time I was purchasing something with a religious undercurrent. They haven't promoted any particular church or religious affiliation ... just a nice, easy message of hope and faith. No demonism, no blood curdling screams, no rapes, murders, vampires ... what's the problem?

What's the problem? What ever happened to movies that make us think, make us laugh, without the screams, the murders, etc? Why does Jew hollywierd need to cash in on a movement lead by nuts in this country? Who have about as much religion as a dust ball found under the bed.

Mmmm ... maybe you're misinterpreting my question of "what's the problem"? There seemed to be some "irritation" in the OP about the production of religious/faith based movies ... so ...... what's the problem? As I said in my post - not everybody likes the gore. But here's a short list of movies you might enjoy (not everyone is in these movies in hopes of an Oscar for the film):

And So It Goes: Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton - a lesson in appreciating people in your life ... and second chances

Seven Days in Utopia: Robert Duvall, Lucas Black, Melissa Leo - hope, faith, believing in something

I'll See You In My Dreams: Blyth Danner, Sam Elliott - life, love, loss - and handling all of it with dignity and grace

The Intern: Robert DeNiro, Anne Hathaway - great contrast of the generation gap and the value of age, experience, and "getting it" when one who has neither takes the opportunity to heart

The Book Thief: Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson,Sophie Nelisse: A very different view of WWII Germany and brought to life the characters in the excellent book of the same name which I read before seeing the film - quiet defiance, serious risks, love, generosity of heart in the face of Nazism and the continuity of life in the aftermath of war.

A neighbor just loaned me Secondhand Lions: Michael Caine, Robert Duvall, Haley Joel Osment. Haven't viewed it yet but gotta do it before they get back in town tomorrow so I can give the disc back!

A neighbor just loaned me Secondhand Lions: Michael Caine, Robert Duvall, Haley Joel Osment. Haven't viewed it yet but gotta do it before they get back in town tomorrow so I can give the disc back!

You'll love it.

I'm waiting for the Davey and Goliath movie. With CGI Davey and Goliath.

Davey thinks he is catching the bus to church but Goliath, who gets on the bus with him, remarks "I don't think this is the bus to church Davey. Everyone here is chanting Isis and wants to know what religion we are."

"Oh Goliath, you worry too much. We'll just tell them we're Christians on our way to church."

"I don't know Davey."

Then Davey says to Goliath, "why so serious."

You joke but that would probably be a smash hit if done correctly and with quality production.

Kind of a Gladiator feel to it mixed with some Lord of the Rings imagery. I could see it being a big time hit.

I think it would play well as a parody, like a Mad TV version of Davey and Goliath.

I liked this show even though I am not religious. It didn't quite become preachy as most religious shows do. And you were always telling Davey, listen to Goliath, don't go down that path.

Why should people who don't get their kicks out of trash movies be denied SOME kind of movie venue they can enjoy? I've purchased a couple of these movies out of desperation for something I think I can stomach ... not realizing at the time I was purchasing something with a religious undercurrent. They haven't promoted any particular church or religious affiliation ... just a nice, easy message of hope and faith. No demonism, no blood curdling screams, no rapes, murders, vampires ... what's the problem?

What's the problem? What ever happened to movies that make us think, make us laugh, without the screams, the murders, etc? Why does Jew hollywierd need to cash in on a movement lead by nuts in this country? Who have about as much religion as a dust ball found under the bed.

Oh look, the racist is also a bigot. Funny how often those two expressions of ignorance and cowardice coincide.

Hollywood hates making movies of faith or those that appeal to families. If the producers and directors had their way, every film would be social justice and social engineering. They just can't afford it. While they are making the movies like Transnation, that they really want to make, something has to pay the bills. They have to make movies that appeal to the majority. That's why the left screams and twists in the wind.

That post makes no sense at all. Can you translate? English if available.

Oh look, the racist is also a bigot. Funny how often those two expressions of ignorance and cowardice coincide.

Do you realize how that comment makes you look?

Forum List

Back