The fabric of our lives

People who wear clothes are causing Climate Change because cotton has to be cultivated by diesel tractors

Awwwwww. Diesel fuel comes from deep inside the earth, and is therefore as natural as O2, CO2, and H2O. It just depends on whatever AOC deems is good or bad. She has overeaten the knowledge of good and evil, however, due to the press that claims it knows all, and the Demmie outlook is that "someone else should throw money at it," of course!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately not as much any more, people want polyester or a polyester blend so it doesn't wrinkle hence doesn't have to be ironed. That's why Dockers stopped using 100% cotton eons ago, it wasn't selling and the whiners were complaining. Natural fabrics cost are going up because fewer manufacturers are using them, look at the cost per yard of 100% wool, rayon has replaced silk, linen is wonderful but look at it wrong and it wrinkles. The one lest affected is cotton but even that is not completely immune.
Well, there are expenses, and there are expenses. 100% polyester, and anything it is attached to can, under the slightest heat, meld together and form a moisture seal. Therefore, if it is covering human skin after, say, a nice little half hour in a dryer that heats the air substantially, it can become as blended as baggie plastic, you know, the stuff that warnings say do not expose small children to, because they may be smothered?

Well, the nice little moisture seal also provides bacteria, funguses, and viruses the perfect, and I do mean perfect, environment for their successful multiplication into a life-threatening situation if even one of the bacteria hiding on the skin was flesh-eating bacteria that multiplies asexually, thankyouverymuch.

Thank you, God, for not letting me know too much about flesh-eating bacteria when I took microbiology 101 a bazillion years back! Amen.

Proceed, everyone. St. Beautress will behave for at least 30 more seconds. :funnyface:
I worked the medical field for years, burn patients are bad enough but those who were wearing polyester........... It melts into the pores and continues burning.

Forum List

Back