the facebook ads that changed an election

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
first of all, this bot-farm only spent around $100k on ads on facebook. then these ads were not political but pitting groups against each other.

Here are the Russia-linked Facebook ads released by Congress

pages like:
defend the 2nd
blacktivist
secured borders
stop A.I.
LGBT United
Donald Trump America (hey, our first about politics!)
like if you want to see jesus win (jesus against a devil hillary

the ads in question are in fact out there and very few of them have to do with the election but more the election issues and their entire goal was to put one side against the other. period.

i don't see how this is "Illegal" and i don't understand why after knowing this, people still fight and blame the russians OF WHICH ultimately may be correct after all cause all this bickering is exactly what they wanted. they didnt give a toss off who won our election.

first of all, this bot-farm only spent around $100k on ads on facebook. then these ads were not political but pitting groups against each other.

pages like:
defend the 2nd
blacktivist
secured borders
stop A.I.
LGBT United

the ads in question are in fact out there and very few of them have to do with the election but more the election issues and their entire goal was to put one side against the other. period.

i don't see how this is "Illegal" and i don't understand why after knowing this, people still fight and blame the russians OF WHICH ultimately may be correct after all cause all this bickering is exactly what they wanted. they didnt give a toss off who won our election.

Don't you realize that that 100,000 dollar add buy was far more effective than the billion dollars hilary spent? Of course the 100,000 dollar add buy changed the election....hilary was only able to cobble together a billion dollars to run her campaign.......if she hadn't spent the 145 million dollars putin gave her for our uranium, she might have had a chance......

pages like:
defend the 2nd
blacktivist
secured borders
stop A.I.
LGBT United

Don't you realize that that 100,000 dollar add buy was far more effective than the billion dollars hilary spent? Of course the 100,000 dollar add buy changed the election....hilary was only able to cobble together a billion dollars to run her campaign.......if she hadn't spent the 145 million dollars putin gave her for our uranium, she might have had a chance......
there are very few election only ads in there. it's all current issues political or social and going extreme one way to get the extreme going the other.

look - it's working to this day.

You don’t want to see and you don’t want to understand. That’s very clear.
feel free to explain. i've posted how much they spent, provided links, and showed actual ads. all you're doing is being a troll.

that's very clear.

feel free to explain. i've posted how much they spent, provided links, and showed actual ads. all you're doing is being a troll.

that's very clear.

Read this.

How Russia Helped Swing the Election for Trump
dude - that's an ad for a book.

"Even the Clinton campaign has stopped short of attributing its loss to the Russians. Joel Benenson, the campaign’s pollster, told me that “a global power is fucking with our elections,” and that “every American should be outraged, whether it changed the outcome or not.” But did the meddling alter the outcome? “How will we ever know?” he said. “We probably won’t, until some Russians involved in it are actually prosecuted—or some Republican, in a moment of conscience, talks.”

Politicians may be too timid to explore the subject, but a new book from, of all places, Oxford University Press promises to be incendiary. “Cyberwar: How Russian Hackers and Trolls Helped Elect a President—What We Don’t, Can’t, and Do Know,” by Kathleen Hall Jamieson, a professor of communications at the University of Pennsylvania, dares to ask—and even attempts to answer—whether Russian meddling had a decisive impact in 2016. Jamieson offers a forensic analysis of the available evidence and concludes that Russia very likely delivered Trump’s victory."

talk about a huge swing and a miss...

do you people read more than headlines?

"The goal was to 'provoke unrest and discontent'
Last year, a former IRA employee named Max, who was interviewed by the independent Russian news outlet Dozhd, said the organization consisted of a "Russian desk" and a "foreign desk.

The Russian desk, which was primarily made up of bots and trolls, used fake social-media accounts to flood the internet with pro-Trump agitprop and made-up news throughout the US presidential campaign, especially in the days leading up to the November election.

Those on the foreign desk had a more qualitative job that was geared toward understanding the "nuances" of American politics to "rock the boat" on divisive issues like gun control and LGBT rights, Max said.

The ultimate goal was "to set Americans against their own government," Max added, "to provoke unrest and discontent."

never says it was to change the election. while there was some pro-trump ads in the mix, they were there to keep people divided cause it works.

good god some people were born stupid and never recovered.

When someone believes the Russian Collusion Conspiracy I don't think that they are brilliant and insightful, I think that they are a brainwashed dolt.

that's very clear.

Read this.

"Even the Clinton campaign has stopped short of attributing its loss to the Russians. Joel Benenson, the campaign’s pollster, told me that “a global power is fucking with our elections,” and that “every American should be outraged, whether it changed the outcome or not.” But did the meddling alter the outcome? “How will we ever know?” he said. “We probably won’t, until some Russians involved in it are actually prosecuted—or some Republican, in a moment of conscience, talks.”

Politicians may be too timid to explore the subject, but a new book from, of all places, Oxford University Press promises to be incendiary. “Cyberwar: How Russian Hackers and Trolls Helped Elect a President—What We Don’t, Can’t, and Do Know,” by Kathleen Hall Jamieson, a professor of communications at the University of Pennsylvania, dares to ask—and even attempts to answer—whether Russian meddling had a decisive impact in 2016. Jamieson offers a forensic analysis of the available evidence and concludes that Russia very likely delivered Trump’s victory."

You don’t want to understand.

that's very clear.

Read this.

obviously i do and am posting factual evidence from the stories both that i find and that others lob at me that all say the same thing.

they wanted us mad at each other.

prove me wrong, enlightened one.

that's very clear.

Read this.

Iceberg is right on this one. This was less about picking a winner than it was sowing the seeds of both division and mistrust in the very institution of our elections.

We are not the first country they have done this to, they have plenty of experience.

that's very clear.

Read this.

Iceberg is right on this one. This was less about picking a winner than it was sowing the seeds of both division and mistrust in the very institution of our elections.

We are not the first country they have done this to, they have plenty of experience.
it's pretty easy to get someone to hate. getting them to stop hating, near impossible. great strategy but as you say, nothing new. just *how* they did it used modern technology in an age old psychological way.

And yesterday the Bot...er I mean OP said it was some paltry amount that the Russians spent on Google that was being blamed for swinging the election , ignoring the fact that Google can be an effective tool simply by clicking on stories to boost them to the top of any front search page.

So now he ignores the 1.25 million a month they spent on Facebook.

What our Bot friend is pretending to not know is that these incredibly cheap and effective broad spectrum efforts were micro targeted in such a way that Trump won a razor thin electoral victory while losing the popular vote

And yesterday the Bot...er I mean OP said it was some paltry amount that the Russians spent on Google that was being blamed for swinging the election , ignoring the fact that Google can be an effective tool simply by clicking on stories to boost them to the top of any front search page.

What our Bot friend is pretending to not know is that these incredibly cheap and effective broad spectrum efforts were micro targeted in such a way that Trump won a razor thin electoral victory while losing the popular vote

The person that made the thread about google money spent is not the one that made this thread. While it is sort of cute to accuse Iceberg of being a bot, it just shows you lack of paying attention to the vast majority of his post.

...and that's why Lesh voted for Trump

Forum List

Back