The FACTS on Food Stamps

I don't know the answer to that,but my guess is yes you can.

That doesn't imply most do.

Immie
No, but it does imply that there are deliberate loopholes in the system and it isn't just the general population that see it.

Our elected crooks see it and do nothing out of either expediency or a desire to get the recipients votes.

I'm thinking the latter.

ill get to the point about the coffee in a moment here....ill give him a few more to answer.

I did answer your question assclown. Yeah I get it - you found a case of a SNAP recipient buying expensive coffee.

The system is soooooo easily gamed.

TheDC Investigation: What I was able to buy with my food stamps | The Daily Caller

This is the problem, and it could be fixed. Why don't progressives want that?

The fix is already in place. The average income per household who receives SNAP is $733 per MONTH. The average recipient receives $133 per month, which is less than $1.25 per meal. That is what keeps the average recipient from abusing it.

Get it? Got it? Good.
You really don't see it, do you?

I could go a long way with 133 per month.....if I shopped right, and had My other bills paid for Me.

Or if I had the income to buy food and then used the government supplement as walking around money...

No, but it does imply that there are deliberate loopholes in the system and it isn't just the general population that see it.

Our elected crooks see it and do nothing out of either expediency or a desire to get the recipients votes.

I'm thinking the latter.

ill get to the point about the coffee in a moment here....ill give him a few more to answer.

I did answer your question assclown. Yeah I get it - you found a case of a SNAP recipient buying expensive coffee.

no.... you did not answer the question....

and you assume what the answer will be...

so lets try again

coffee..... can you purchase that with snap.... yes or no?

so lets try again

Wow, the stupidity on this thread is overwhelming.

Yes, you can buy expensive coffee with SNAP. Do I really need to explain AGAIN why that is insignificant?

TheDC Investigation: What I was able to buy with my food stamps | The Daily Caller

The fix is already in place. The average income per household who receives SNAP is $733 per MONTH. The average recipient receives $133 per month, which is less than $1.25 per meal. That is what keeps the average recipient from abusing it.

Get it? Got it? Good.

I could go a long way with 133 per month.....if I shopped right, and had My other bills paid for Me.

Or if I had the income to buy food and then used the government supplement as walking around money...

YOU could get by with 133 per month. I am assuming you make more than $733 per month? Yeah, I thought so.

so lets try again

Yes, you can buy expensive coffee with SNAP. Do I really need to explain AGAIN why that is insignificant?

It's not insignificant.
Because it's a privilege that can be and is abused by recipients.

SNAP needs to be made to where people can only buy certain items (healthy stuff). If they want junk food, they can get it with their own money.

I got food stamps when I was in college and working part time a few years ago. I wasn't eating lobster and steak. I could barely pay my bills let alone blow my food stamps.

I don't get the war on the poor. Most people getting food stamps are working families that are just trying to make it. Why the hate for the poor?

you were one of the few then who did not abuse the system. You are the type of person it is there for to help...

but... if you wanted that lobster... you could have bought it.

you cant deny that the system is rife with entailment whores who are in it for ever cent they can scam out of it. .

I am not one of the few.

so lets try again

very good...

now one more if we can keep the honesty about the facts flowing......

soda.... can you buy soda with food stamps?

so lets try again

very good...

Yes.
you can buy candy, chips, or ANYTHING that has a "nutrition facts" label on it.
"Supplement facts" labels are not eligible to be bought under SNAP.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Don't you mean the average claimed income? Who checks the validity of the income? What keeps an un married couple from claiming she only earns $800/mo when they are living off his $150k/mo job? Honesty?

Immie

Get it? Got it? Good.

YOU could get by with 133 per month. I am assuming you make more than $733 per month? Yeah, I thought so.
This is why I said coupled with other programs. You see, I understand this and other programs so much better than you do.

An income of 733 dollars and 133 dollars in food stamps. That is 866 dollars.

Now, I am living off of government assistance and using section 8. That means I pay a portion of the rent based upon My income. Since food it adjusted out, I pay maybe 400 dollar for rent AND utilities. This leaves Me with 466 dollars to walk around with.

My kids eat for free at the school for two of the daily meals. This means I have to provide them with one meal a day. For one kid at McDonalds, that is 6 dollars a day.

That is 186 dollars in a month with 31 days.

That leaves Me with 280 dollars a month.....

So, you see, this is how kids of welfare parents can get fat on 133 per month food assistance.

I'm not even touching on the more than 50 other assistant programs offered to the poor.

very good...

Yes.
you can buy candy, chips, or ANYTHING that has a "nutrition facts" label on it.
"Supplement facts" labels are not eligible to be bought under SNAP.

lets see if he can answer one more simple question.... shall we? but he better be fast....i need to run here in a second.....

so lets try again

very good...

Lol give it a rest. Go to bed. It's past your bedtime.

This is why I said coupled with other programs. You see, I understand this and other programs so much better than you do.

Now, I am living off of government assistance and using section 8. That means I pay a portion of the rent based upon My income. Since food it adjusted out, I pay maybe 400 dollar for rent AND utilities. This leaves Me with 466 dollars to walk around with.

My kids eat for free at the school for two of the daily meals. This means I have to provide them with one meal a day. For one kid at McDonalds, that is 6 dollars a day.

So, you see, this is how kids of welfare parents can get fat on 133 per month food assistance.

I'm not even touching on the more than 50 other assistant programs offered to the poor.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy. So what about people who do not receive section 8 and are on food stamps only? You're saying they should get MORE government assistance?

Wow, talk about hypocrisy. So what about people who do not receive section 8 and are on food stamps only? You're saying they should get MORE government assistance?
What hypocrisy are you talking about?

Now you want to change the conditions? Where are your vaunted stats about how many people who take food stamps also take section 8? Or how many people who take food stamps take OTHER government programs too? How many people get more than 1 program? More than a dozen?

Are they mutually exclusive, meaning if you get one, you can't get the others?

How old are your stats? I recall stories of people who have 2 kids making 50k a year getting food assistance.

You post stats, but you only go so far, and you NEVER ask the real questions.

Do you?

very good...

Lol give it a rest. Go to bed. It's past your bedtime.

soda to hard for you to answer...... gotcha. :eusa_whistle:

the answer is yes.... you can purchase both coffee and soda. Its not caviar.... or lobster... its simple stuff, every day stuff.......

now lets try another question shall we..

are either coffee or soda .... food? Will you die without them?

I once read somewhere that beggars in NYC make upwards of 40k dollar a year.

Granted, 40k in NYC is not a lot of money. But the real thing is this.

Who would have bothered to even ask the question on how much beggars make? Who would have thought that 40k could be had for sitting on a street corner?

More importantly, and this is key to the rest of My participation in this thread....

What other questions are we NOT asking of ourselves and our government? People cite and quote low benefits to any one single program. They never think to ask, how many programs are out there, and how much are they worth? How much money can you save or make on a government program?

A database of statistics can hold only the raw numbers. The questions asked of the database is key, and what is important. Are we asking the right questions?

Who asks a beggar to file an itemized tax return?

Last edited:
How many times are you going to bring up stuff one can buy with food stamps? Let me guess - you found an article about someone buying expensive coffee with SNAP? The stupidity of a person using their benefits irresponsibly is completley insignificant. People are adults. If that person wants to starve, then so be it. That person is not representive of all SNAP recipients.

If they are using public assistance to buy coffee, gas station food, steak, lobster, and fast food they don't need public assistance.

That's the part you don't seem to get.

Define "they" for me. Just how many recipients are you suggesting do this? Because if it isn't the average person or the majority, then it is insignificant.

"They" is anyone. Why is any of this even allowed? It would be very easy to implement a UMC screening code for EBT purchases.

That you find this insignificant is what I mean when I say that progressives suck at government. This is like you building 1,000,000 boats and saying that since only 30,000 of them were found to have sunk due to the hole designed in the bottom that it's insignificant instead of fixing the hole in the design.

Why not use the same process used for cigarettes and beer?

Forum List

Back