The farce of 'public service'...

When every career politician is a multi millionaire you know there’s a problem.

Means they are older and have been successful in life

Who wants someone who has been a failure in life to set public policy?

yes I guess Congressional corruption and bribe-taking pays quite well, but for the life of me your comment stands as one of the dumbest things I've read on online or off...

Funny thing about bribe taking is that those Congressmen found taking them end up in jail
If you think their wealth is ill-gotten you are free to investigate their taxes

Only the one's who receive bribes from the wrong donors...the entire structure of Congress is set up like a revolving-door between the private-sector and government...investigating their taxes will yield nothing, try investigating their investments and cross-reference them with their voting record...my god are you dense!!!

yes I guess Congressional corruption and bribe-taking pays quite well, but for the life of me your comment stands as one of the dumbest things I've read on online or off...

Funny thing about bribe taking is that those Congressmen found taking them end up in jail

Only the one's who receive bribes from the wrong donors...the entire structure of Congress is set up like a revolving-door between the private-sector and government...investigating their taxes will yield nothing, try investigating their investments and cross-reference them with their voting record...my god are you dense!!!
Plus they made insider trading legal for themselves, immune from Obamacare laws, etc etc.

If you believe they are involved in insider trading, you are welcome to prosecute

The press tracks these guys very closely and keeps them honest....Thank god for the press!

Plus they made insider trading legal for themselves, immune from Obamacare laws, etc etc.

Everyone in Congress had to give up their Government healthcare and take Obamacare

Why do you guys keep posting that lie?

Don't forget that they also vote themselves pay raises...who wouldn't want to serve in Congress?...giant whorehouse for politicos and their slimy corporate contacts

If you believe they are involved in insider trading, you are welcome to prosecute

The press tracks these guys very closely and keeps them honest....Thank god for the press!

OMG what an idiot

Everyone in Congress had to give up their Government healthcare and take Obamacare

LOL bullshit

OMG what an idiot
He is a lefty - Lives in a bubble world void of reality.

LOL bullshit

Read the Grassley amendment

Even Ted Cruz has Obamacare

LOL bullshit
He is bubble world delusional.

Congress the polite
1%20A%20canary_2_78.jpg
name, political contributions, is an insult to the intelligence of the American people−or, recognizing he level of intelligence of most of them!

What other reason would lobbyists and corporate interests have to give millions of dollars to members of Congress every time they seek to pass legislation−or block legislation−that would either enrich the briber, or incur an expense.

If the bribes were not that, to bribe, why couldn't the corporations interested in passing or blocking legislation be limited to what the public is financially limited to: presenting arguments for or against the legislation. To give tens of thousands, or millions, to one or more members of Congress when a particular measure is being considered, is in the real world, bribes!

The only purpose of giving millions of dollars to members of Congress is to bribe them into using their congressional positi9on for the benefit of the briber.

Members of the public, unable to pay bribes, are limited to presenting arguments for or against a measure. Their interests in most cases, under the bribe practices in Congress, are strictly secondary to the financial interests of the corporate bribers.

There is no limit to the list of corporate interests whose bribes to members of Congress have adversely affected the American public: Millions in bribes to members of Congress resulted in such public harm as in the following examples:

• Bribes by the credit card industry continues to subject the public to loan-shark practices, showing congressional contempt for the non-bribing public and favoritism for the bribe-making financial corporation. Public outrage in 2009 forced members of Congress to make minor changes, but allowing usurious interest rates to continue, along with some other harmful effects.
  • Bribes from the health industry continues to inflict huge costs upon the American public. For instance, where the government requires pharmaceutical providers to bid on contracts for certain medications used by the Veterans Administration, the American public pays far more money for the same prescription due to the Congress removing the need for bidding when it applies to the American consumers. Pharmaceutical companies make billions in extra profits, making the millions of dollars of bribes to members of Congress a fabulous investment.
  • Bribes from the savings and loan industry to such members of Congress and the "Keating Five," including Senator John McCain, to remove legislation that prevented the savings and loans from speculating with depositors money cost the American taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars from the resulting frauds.
  • Bribes received by members of Congress resulted in legislation, and pressure upon government regulators, that brought upon the United States the worst housing debacle since the 1930's financial depression.
  • Bribes received by members of Congress resulted in numerous removal of protective legislation, and enacting of others, that knowingly would lead to the great financial debacle in the nation's history, and inflicting upon the American public harm beyond description, harm that will continue for decades.

LOL bullshit
He is bubble world delusional.

I know...scary

LOL bullshit

Members of Congress have good health insurance by any standard, but it’s not free and not reserved only for them – and it’s not government insurance. House and Senate members are allowed to purchase private health insurance offered through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, which covers more than 8 million other federal employees, retirees and their families.

It’s not a “single-payer” system where the government acts as the one and only health insurance company. As President Bush’s chief of personnel Kay Coles James said in 2003, while lecturing at the conservative Heritage Foundation, “the FEHB program is not centralized, government-run health care.”

LOL bullshit

Congress has special rules for ACA that citizens do not, dufus.

Bozo.

Insider Trading in Our Nation's Capital Just Got Easier

LOL bullshit

Members of Congress have good health insurance by any standard, but it’s not free and not reserved only for them – and it’s not government insurance. House and Senate members are allowed to purchase private health insurance offered through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, which covers more than 8 million other federal employees, retirees and their families.

It’s not a “single-payer” system where the government acts as the one and only health insurance company. As President Bush’s chief of personnel Kay Coles James said in 2003, while lecturing at the conservative Heritage Foundation, “the FEHB program is not centralized, government-run health care.”
They have Obamacare

The same Obamacare available to everyone

Bozo.

Insider Trading in Our Nation's Capital Just Got Easier
Blame Fat Donnie

LOL bullshit

They have Obamacare

... in which case I would expect you to offer proof...clearly you offer little more than hyperbole

LOL bullshit

They have Obamacare

... in which case I would expect you to offer proof...clearly you offer little more than hyperbole

Grassley Amendment

Why Congress is (or isn't) exempt from Obamacare

LOL bullshit

Congress has special rules for ACA that citizens do not, dufus.
Under FEHB they received an employer contribution to healthcare

They receive the same amount under Obamacare

Forum List

Back