The FBI’s terrorism watch list violates the Constitution, federal judge says

Can a District Judge diminish a Constutional provision for the POTUS' Oath, provide common defense?

• No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being put on that list for no other reason than being Muslim, and having no reasonable way to get off of it is an abuse of that list. Keep the list, but be careful to only put people on it that belong there.
And don't let people ON the list buy or own guns.

If that's what a judge orders, otherwise is just another denial of rights.

A federal judge ruled Wednesday that an FBI watch list of more than 1 million “known or suspected terrorists” violates the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens in the database. The decision from U.S. District Judge Anthony J. Trenga of the Eastern District of Virginia in favor of 23 Muslim Americans who sued over their inclusion in the Terrorist Screening Database found that the watch list infringes on their constitutional right to due process.

The only reason we haven't had a hit like 9/11 since that time is greatly in part because the public has been informed to look out for suspicious activity that would threaten masses of people like those people in the Twin Towers of New York City that served as the World Trade Center for this country.

Why is a District Judge ruling against the FBI which answers to the Executive Branch of the United States of America? Here it seems to me that we have a Judicial entity trying to remove a Presidential power that assists him with his oath of office to "provide for the common defense."

More here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...or-watch-list-unconstitutional/?noredirect=on
Republicans fought for people on the terrorist watch list to have guns. Has something changed?
Are you trying to be funny or just showing your ass again?
US Senate rejects gun control bills

Being put on that list for no other reason than being Muslim, and having no reasonable way to get off of it is an abuse of that list. Keep the list, but be careful to only put people on it that belong there.
The FBI likely had a highly concerning reason for each and every one of the people on the list. This judge is merely one incidence of one government agency trying to dismiss another government agency, and in this case, it involves two branches in disarray, imho; the judicial branch and the executive branch. With all the animus coming from the judicial aimed at the Trump Executive office, I'm not convinced whether this judge is taking action where the Constitution says you need to separate branches infringing on each other's territory.

A TDS Judge (Judicial Branch) has no business further burdening the Executive Branch than it already has been by the Pelosi/Schumer crowd.(Legislative Branch).

Since 9/11/01 a lot of Americans have come to view the Muslims' religion as a front for a political system that is not in accordance with political freedom. There seem to be a couple of countries in the Arab world that rule by state law and fairly. I hope these enclaves of peace remain peaceful.

Your ignorance is showing again, there was a sheriffs dept in the NE that added a bunch of envirowennies to the list, just because they pissed them off.

8 ways you can end up on the no-fly list

A federal judge ruled Wednesday that an FBI watch list of more than 1 million “known or suspected terrorists” violates the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens in the database. The decision from U.S. District Judge Anthony J. Trenga of the Eastern District of Virginia in favor of 23 Muslim Americans who sued over their inclusion in the Terrorist Screening Database found that the watch list infringes on their constitutional right to due process.

The only reason we haven't had a hit like 9/11 since that time is greatly in part because the public has been informed to look out for suspicious activity that would threaten masses of people like those people in the Twin Towers of New York City that served as the World Trade Center for this country.

Why is a District Judge ruling against the FBI which answers to the Executive Branch of the United States of America? Here it seems to me that we have a Judicial entity trying to remove a Presidential power that assists him with his oath of office to "provide for the common defense."

More here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...or-watch-list-unconstitutional/?noredirect=on
Republicans fought for people on the terrorist watch list to have guns. Has something changed?
Are you trying to be funny or just showing your ass again?
US Senate rejects gun control bills

That's 3 years old, the headline was misleading and Sen. Cornyn basically said that even though they were on the watch list they would be stopped by a background check. Trust the BBC News to be on the side of liberal progressive pukes.

Fuck that, let the government prove in front of a judge that a person belongs on the list and get a court order to do so.

I thought that was pretty close to what I said.

No, you didn't mention the right of the accused to face their accusers, or call witnesses on their behalf. That's due process.

I agree with that but the watch list is only for "Known or Suspected terrorists." Anyone who feels they shouldn't be on the list can sue for removal.

See post #23.

I know I made the same arguments then as I am now. Don't know about the rest.

Fuck that, let the government prove in front of a judge that a person belongs on the list and get a court order to do so.

No, you didn't mention the right of the accused to face their accusers, or call witnesses on their behalf. That's due process.

I agree with that but the watch list is only for "Known or Suspected terrorists." Anyone who feels they shouldn't be on the list can sue for removal.

See post #23.

That sheriffs department was dead wrong.

See post #23.

Agreed, but they have the ability to add anyone they chose, without notice. That's anti-American.

See post #23.

Agreed, but they have the ability to add anyone they chose, without notice. That's anti-American.

They shouldn't be able to as the list was only to be for known or suspected terrorists

See post #23.

They shouldn't be able to as the list was only to be for known or suspected terrorists

Since when does the government ever confine things to what they say they will. There have been way more criminal prosecutions under the Patriot Act than terrorist.

The FBI likely had a highly concerning reason for each and every one of the people on the list. This judge is merely one incidence of one government agency trying to dismiss another government agency, and in this case, it involves two branches in disarray, imho; the judicial branch and the executive branch. With all the animus coming from the judicial aimed at the Trump Executive office, I'm not convinced whether this judge is taking action where the Constitution says you need to separate branches infringing on each other's territory.

A TDS Judge (Judicial Branch) has no business further burdening the Executive Branch than it already has been by the Pelosi/Schumer crowd.(Legislative Branch).

Since 9/11/01 a lot of Americans have come to view the Muslims' religion as a front for a political system that is not in accordance with political freedom. There seem to be a couple of countries in the Arab world that rule by state law and fairly. I hope these enclaves of peace remain peaceful.

You know that's nuts, right?

It's important to remember here that presidents, and political agendas change. Having tools like this available to the government is dangerous to the voting public. The only thing that prevents these tools from being turned against YOU; is the will, and prerogative of whomever is in power.

The watch list does violate the Constitution, in a number of ways.

First and for most, with this list, or any other list, you are assumed guilty and have to prove your innocence to get off the list. That is not the way it works, or is supposed to work, in this county.

Second, there is no due process, people do not even know they are on the list and could be on it for years without being able to defend themselves or face their accusers.

If your safety is far more important than your freedom, I suggest you move some where like Russia or China.

So, they have to prove their innocence instead of the government having the burden of proving their guilt. And you are ok with that?

And don't let people ON the list buy or own guns.
I'm pretty certain that list of people related to terrorists wasn't "thrown together" by know-nothings.

It's important to remember here that presidents, and political agendas change. Having tools like this available to the government is dangerous to the voting public. The only thing that prevents these tools from being turned against YOU; is the will, and prerogative of whomever is in power.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the FISA abuses that the FBI just had regarding the Trump campaign, including George Papadope, and Carter Page? Keeping track of terrorists is a necessity, especially after 9/11. I don't want to fly with anyone who might want to blow-up of hijack the plane. So I disagree with your post because:
1. The FBI doesn't need any more help to spy illegally, they do it already
2. We do need high tech ways of tracking potential terrorists, especially after 9/11

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the FISA abuses that the FBI just had regarding the Trump campaign, including George Papadope, and Carter Page? Keeping track of terrorists is a necessity, especially after 9/11. I don't want to fly with anyone who might want to blow-up of hijack the plane. So I disagree with your post because:
2. We do need high tech ways of tracking potential terrorists, especially after 9/11
The trouble with weeds is the plants.

You're not very smart are ya? Can you say a "denial of liberty" without "due process"? Damn it's so simple a commiecrat should be able to understand it..
America had no due process when Obama snapped his finger and brought 2 million Muslims with a belly fulla hate apiece over here unilaterally and he thought on the sly. That means that your great grandchildren will erase your name, take on a hajib, and face the East nine times a day. Coingratulations.

The 19 muslims that were immediately connected to 9/11 terrorist attacks were frequently housed and fed by corroborating Mosques with these Jihad warriors and their old-world families. I don't know if this aiding and abetting was innocent or with full knowledge of the grand slam these creeps pulled on 9/11/2001.

9/11/01 against America was a mistake by the Muslim world. Our Presidential Oath of office requires Donald Trump to provide for the common defence. He takes his oath seriously, and I am glad.

The word you were looking for is "collaborating".

No I wasn't.

My how ones tune will change when the powers that be determine that YOU, and those who believe what you do, ARE the terrorists. Peoples short sightedness is what will cost us all our freedom...

Forum List

Back