The first couple portrayed as apes

The photo in the OP is awful, and given history can be seen as racist. however I don't know if it was meant to be racist, please allow me to explain myself. I know many say this is to make blacks seem sub-human but is it really any different when portraying Bush as a Neanderthal? Sub- human is sub-human either way, yes?

For years president have been portrayed as buffoons, idiots, etc. Presidents have been hung in effigy, from Nixon to Obama. Heck even Palin was hung in effigy.

As far as I know the secret service did not visit those who hung Bush in effigy but they did visit those who hung Obama. I am unsure why it takes on a different meaning if it's political in nature.

I recall when Obama was portrayed as the Joker and the screams of racism echoed through America. While every other president has been portrayed in a negative manner.

Obama is a president, he is not immune to the SAME treatment others president have gotten, to imply everything which happens to Obama as racist is nothing but a way to try and push an agenda to paint the opposite party as racists to gain political points even though it's been a common practice through history.

Last edited:
No. I do not see how it is different. I'm not a racist, or a race hustler like you leftie lunatics.

For years Blacks have been portrayed as being no better or more developed than monkeys by people with racial hatred.

Who has "portrayed" them that way? Themselves or someone else?

machete+killing+anc.jpg

I didn't take the above picture but it was recently taken in Africa. Notice the murder of one black by another as bystanders kick back and watch. Again ... not my doing and I'm not doing the "portraying."

Are you saying that these are Black Americans? Do you have a point?

I'm sorry....But that is just too fucking funny

The funny part is you are dead serious

Yup. And the fact that they had to go back a century or two to find enough peeps is just overkill on the cake icing. :thup:

just like you have to go back into the last century to find examples of Dems doing anything right by Blacks you crybaby loser

oh and even then all you managed to really do is enslave them cycles of government dependence that spanned generations; destroyed the Black family, and led to near-genocidal rates of black on black violence

Another Blacks are too stupid to know what is good for them post. Now, tell me that you are not a racist.

CaféAuLait;8838460 said:
The photo in the OP is awful, and given history can be seen as racist. however I don't know if it was meant to be racist, please allow me to explain myself. I know many say this is to make blacks seem sub-human but is it really any different when portraying Bush as a Neanderthal? Sub- human is sub-human either way, yes?

For years president have been portrayed as buffoons, idiots, etc. Presidents have been hung in effigy, from Nixon to Obama. Heck even Palin was hung in effigy.

As far as I know the secret service did not visit those who hung Bush in effigy but they did visit those who hung Obama. I am unsure why it takes on a different meaning if it's political in nature.

I recall when Obama was portrayed as the Joker and the screams of racism echoed through America. While every other president has been portrayed in a negative manner.

Obama is a president, he is not immune to the SAME treatment others president have gotten, to imply everything which happens to Obama as racist is nothing but a way to try and push an agenda to paint the opposite party as racists to gain political points even though it's been a common practice through history.

Oh come off it. All you're doing is rationalizing racism. Of course it's meant to be racist, and I'll prove it. If it's not racist --- what's Michelle doing in the picture?

Think about it. She's not a politician, so that removes political pretense. That makes it personal. The concept of that picture would not even exist if she were white.

And besides, the paper has already admitted it in an apology. Your motives thus exposed.

Last edited:
OK so they apologized and admitted guilt in having bad taste. Maybe we are evolving as a society. Ted Nugent also apologized publicly for his crude remarks, and acknowledged the corrections of his peers, who advised him to stick with Constitutional points and criticisms.

More proof of human "evolution." We may be getting more civilized after all!

Satire? I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Belgian Newspaper Accused Of Racism For Picture Of Obama And Michelle As Apes

De Morgen apologized for the image in its Monday edition, admitting it was guilty of "bad taste."

"When you consider the fragment apart from its context, which is a properly worked out satirical section, then you don't see the joke but just a picture evoking sheer racism," the newspaper said. "We wrongly assumed that racism is no longer accepted, and that in this way it could be the subject of a joke."

Unigwe, who lives in Belgium, went on to tweet in depth about the controversial spread, noting that the fault lies with Belgian society moreso than De Morgen:

I really can't find the possible humor angle. I guess I need to evolve more, or something.

Refute this...

History Of The Democrats And The KKK.

Yes, it has its roots in the Democratic Party - no doubt.

But straight talk here, TODAY - do you think there are a greater percentage of KKK members who are registered Democrats or registered GOP members?

I don't know the answer personally, but believe the majority of KKK members would generally not be registered Democrats due to the fact it is the Democrats who generally push things like affirmative action, gay rights, etc.

I would imagine the KKK to be made up of people who wan the Gov't out of their lives, and to maintain gun rights, etc, and to not take huge chunks out of their paychecks to support welfare recipients. Is that a fair statement?

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Refute this...

But straight talk here, TODAY - do you think there are a greater percentage of KKK members who are registered Democrats or registered GOP members?

I don't know the answer personally, but believe the majority of KKK members would generally not be registered Democrats due to the fact it is the Democrats who generally push things like affirmative action, gay rights, etc.

I would imagine the KKK to be made up of people who wan the Gov't out of their lives, and to maintain gun rights, etc, and to not take huge chunks out of their paychecks to support welfare recipients. Is that a fair statement?

Just my two cents.

No actually it doesn't. The KKK was founded by six Confederate ex-soldiers, not politicians. That's historical fact. What LiveLeak-boy is doing is just more of that history revisionism - you know, "Clinton caused 9/11"; "Reagan rescued the hostages and brought down the Wall"; "FDR caused the Depression"; "Hitler was a leftist"; "Democratic Party invented slavery and used them to build the Pyramids"... it's all part of the same comic book. I believe it's called Wanker's Weakly.

Refute this...

Just my two cents.

No actually it doesn't. The KKK was founded by six Confederate ex-soldiers, not politicians. That's historical fact. What LiveLeak-boy is doing is just more of that history revisionism - you know, "Clinton caused 9/11"; "Reagan rescued the hostages and brought down the Wall"; "FDR caused the Depression"; "Hitler was a leftist"; "Democratic Party invented slavery and used them to build the Pyramids"... it's all part of the same comic book. I believe it's called Wanker's Weakly.

Chances are those soldiers were Democrats.

Don't forget that.

Just my two cents.

Chances are those soldiers were Democrats.

Don't forget that.

And you know this how? Link? How do you know they were even political at all?

"Don't forget that"?? :rofl: Self-aggrandize much? Hard to not forget a point that hasn't been made.

Ex-soldiers around a campfire does not equate to an already-existing political organization. It just doesn't. Not to mention, it wouldn't make them spokespeople for an entire national political party by some freakish ooze of reverse osmosis.

I grew out of comic books when I was a kid though, so the fantasy fetish is kinda lost on me.

"Chances Are" :lmao: Thank you Johnny Mathis. If I had a nickel for every fallacy...

Last edited:
I understand the oppositions need to denigrate the President in any way possible. They will attack him in all walks of life including his family. Images and vile talking points are a price of freedom. I do remember some monkey comparison with President Bush as well but I don't recall Laura Bush being attacked in such a way, but the internet is big and so full of shit.........

That was the good old days when the president's family was off limits.

Unless, of course, you were Chelsea Clinton.

I understand the oppositions need to denigrate the President in any way possible. They will attack him in all walks of life including his family. Images and vile talking points are a price of freedom. I do remember some monkey comparison with President Bush as well but I don't recall Laura Bush being attacked in such a way, but the internet is big and so full of shit.........

That was the good old days when the president's family was off limits.

Unless, of course, you were Chelsea Clinton.

Ok, now you libs can shoot your two faced high horses

go into any Palin thread, Romney's wife was attacked so on so on by you ugly people on the left..the media never tired of the Bush children, etc

they posted a picture of the Obama's in a Belgian newspaper...YOU all should go whine to them about it...

Last edited:
Refute this...

Just my two cents.

I doubt that KKK members today are registered as either party but are probably independents. That would make more sense to me.

Refute this...

Just my two cents.

I doubt that KKK members today are registered as either party but are probably independents. That would make more sense to me.

Then how do you manage to make a half dozen soldiers into an entire pre-existing political party?

Revising history - 182 posts.
Abject denial - 563 posts.
Having it both ways: Priceless :D

Here, you dropped this:
platter.jpg

Last edited:

Just my two cents.

Then how do you manage to make a half dozen soldiers into an entire pre-existing political party?

Revising history - 182 posts.
Abject denial - 563 posts.
Having it both ways: Priceless :D

Here, you dropped this:
platter.jpg

Perhaps their just a small chapter of the Democratic party. Probably meet in the back room of an abortion clinic!

CaféAuLait;8838460 said:

Oh come off it. All you're doing is rationalizing racism. Of course it's meant to be racist, and I'll prove it. If it's not racist --- what's Michelle doing in the picture?

Think about it. She's not a politician, so that removes political pretense. That makes it personal. The concept of that picture would not even exist if she were white.

And besides, the paper has already admitted it in an apology. Your motives thus exposed.

I was not trying to rationalize racism. I was merely saying that racism is claimed for the very same things which have happened to other presidents and their wives. I ALSO stated that I thought the picture could be racist (and awful) and I understand how it could be taken that way, but I was unsure what the intent was if it was political satire or not. I did not read the article, I only viewed the photo.

Laura Bush was portrayed in awful manners too ( a demon, a monkey, nude, a dominatrix, portrayed as calling her husband a monkey, a Nazi, and just about any other thing you can imagine, just because it happened to Michelle as well does not make it racist per se. I don't know if you get my drift or not. I was not supporting the photo.

Forum List

Back