The “Fix” Not So Good, Says Insurance Co. and GOP; Vote on Upton bill's today

Total and absolute ineptitude on epic levels. Incompetence on a level all its own.

I'm so accustomed to ineptitude from the federal bureaucracy (along with bloat, sloth, greed and corruption) to the point where I essentially anticipate it now.

What kills me are the lies, right to our face, and over and over. An absolute insult to anyone who places any priority on intellectual honesty.

And the arrogance where Obama thinks we will believe anything because it is coming from him. I think of Joe Wilson and just want to yell, "You lie!" I just can't believe him on anything any longer.

If the Republicans were smart, the would be very careful about what they say and do right now. We need to hear straight talk from someone.

Insurance Companies are meeting at the WH to tell Obama how hard it will be to allow consumers buy their policies again. Why didn't he meet with them to see if it was possible at all? And what it would do to the entire fiscal concept?

Because it didn't matter to his political agenda? Don't let the little people get in his way.

Basically yeah. He believes he has dictorial powers. What you are seeing right now is a hushed mutiny withint eh democratic ranks. People are fleeing from the president and Obamacare. Even Republican LOLberals such as McCain are now running away.

The president was trying to shore up the political fallout by making the gesture he did. He didn't actually think it through, which is expected of a LOLberal. This is why I say the GOP should STAY OUT OF IT.

because they will give LOLberal democrats ammunition to try and place the blame for this one them if they try to "help" the situaiton. Let the democrats figure it out among themselves.

If republicans leave this alone, they can be almost positive to pick up the needed 6 seats int he senate and retain the house without much fuss. Effectively ending Obama's presidency before it's actually over.

He would have to either work with republicans or veto everything that came fdownt he pike.

But ultimately, he presidency would be effectively over.

Damn the Republicans! Obama even brought his own rope! Republicans should just get out of the way and watch him hang!

THANK GOD other people are saying this.
Same reason I was against the government shutdown....this thing is so f*cked up - you don't want to be within 100 miles of it. Nothing good will come from making themselves apart of this damn thing

The Upton bill passed so it's law...no not until it's signed, but Obama has said he will veto it. But is that the truth? Who knows?

The bill passed 261 - 157.

The Upton bill passed so it's law...no not until it's signed, but Obama has said he will veto it. But is that the truth? Who knows?

Facepalm_227785.jpg

Total and absolute ineptitude on epic levels. Incompetence on a level all its own.

I'm so accustomed to ineptitude from the federal bureaucracy (along with bloat, sloth, greed and corruption) to the point where I essentially anticipate it now.

What kills me are the lies, right to our face, and over and over. An absolute insult to anyone who places any priority on intellectual honesty.

Correction on my part. Reaching new levels of ineptitude.

iF IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL, SUE HIM AND GET AN INJUNCTION...THAT'S bullshytte.

Insurers are not your friend. Their reaction to anything is they have to cancel and raise prices lol...This is their last gap at cheating people and the country. At least they have to say how their crappe policies don't measure up now. Will open hater dupe eyes- though it will probably be in bureaucratic gobbledygook...

Thisb is not new- gov't has to get IT savvy LOL...

Insurers are not your friend. Their reaction to anything is they have to cancel and raise prices lol...This is their last gap at cheating people and the country. At least they have to say how their crappe policies don't measure up now. Will open hater dupe eyes- though it will probably be in bureaucratic gobbledygook...

Is the government our friend?

The "fix" is also border line illegal, and more than likely will be challenged as obama over stepping his authority... which isn't new either.

Once again, insurance companies are being forced to write policy that includes items that many do not need. This increases premiums and deductibles. This probably flew over your head though.

Facepalm_227785.jpg

^my feeling exactly....

the 'blame the Republicans' game is already gearing up....

Representative Jim McGovern, Democrat of Massachusetts, said Mr. Upton’s bill was an attempt to “drag us back to the bad old days of the American health care system.” It would, he said, allow insurers to sell “cut-rate shoddy policies that lack the consumer protections of the Affordable Care Act.”

Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the House Democratic leader, said Mr. Upton’s bill “pulls the plug on the Affordable Care Act.”

The White House said Mr. Obama would veto the House bill if it got to him. The bill, the administration said, would reverse progress made in extending coverage to the uninsured.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/u...th-insurance-executives.html?hpw&rref=us&_r=0

Forum List

Back