The Flynn Affair Could Bring Down Trump’s Presidency

There's no way Flynn was acting without Trump's go-ahead. This needs to be investigated.
Investigate away snowflake. As a private citizen - Donald Trump is allowed to talk to anyone he wants, including Russia. As president or president-elect, Donald Trump is allowed to discuss with foreign heads of state his administration.

I know this is "shocking" to you fascists - but conversations are still permitted in the U.S. (even though you don't want them to be).
Go comfort jobless Flynn by telling him that, cupcake :itsok:
Flynn isn't jobless for speaking snowflake. Flynn is jobless for lying. He denied his conversations to Vice President Pence.

You know - lying. That thing you do every day in every post here on USMB. Like you just did here.

If speaking to the Russians was innocent, then why lie about it to the VP?
Why did Flynn put himself, the VP and the admin at risk by causing this shitstorm if it were all innocent?

There's no way Flynn was acting without Trump's go-ahead. This needs to be investigated.
Investigate away snowflake. As a private citizen - Donald Trump is allowed to talk to anyone he wants, including Russia. As president or president-elect, Donald Trump is allowed to discuss with foreign heads of state his administration.

I know this is "shocking" to you fascists - but conversations are still permitted in the U.S. (even though you don't want them to be).
Flynn isn't jobless for speaking snowflake. Flynn is jobless for lying. He denied his conversations to Vice President Pence.

You know - lying. That thing you do every day in every post here on USMB. Like you just did here.
Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif

If speaking to the Russians was innocent, then why lie about it to the VP?
Why did Flynn put himself, the VP and the admin at risk by causing this shitstorm if it were all innocent?
That's the million dollar question. And here's the thing - Donald Trump knew about it as well. Why did he hide it from Vice President Pence? It would seem that they were looking for plausible deniability - but for what? At this point, nobody has the slightest clue. It's just a bunch of left-wingers hopping up and down going "impeach! impeach! impeach!" which is literally what they started doing on November 9th (so it has very little meaning or weight at this point).

Instead of going crazy over what at this point is nothing more than a conversation - why not just chill the hell out and wait to see what facts come out?

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif
Oh I'm good snowflake! I'm good. Donald Trump is in the White House, which means Hitlery Clinton is not. The Republicans own the House, the Senate, and 33 of the 50 states. We're finally securing our borders, rolling back damaging regulations designed to collapse the U.S., freedom of religion is being restored, and we'll most likely see lower taxes in the very near future.

I literally have not been this euphoric since the Reagan Administration.

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif
Oh I'm good snowflake! I'm good. Donald Trump is in the White House, which means Hitlery Clinton is not. The Republicans own the House, the Senate, and 33 of the 50 states. We're finally securing our borders, rolling back damaging regulations designed to collapse the U.S., freedom of religion is being restored, and we'll most likely see lower taxes in the very near future.

Best of luck to you

LdtOB.gif

Senate hearings on the subject, including testimony under oath, are likely.

If Donald Trump thinks accepting Michael Flynn’s resignation will feed the beast enough to sate its hunger, he is mistaken.

This story is big, and will only get bigger in the days, weeks and months ahead. It could be the beginning of the end of Trump’s presidency. To be sure, additional dots would have to be connected, but the picture is already beginning to come into focus.

The Washington Post has reported that Flynn discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with the Russian ambassador during the month before Trump was sworn in. The subject of sanctions was not something that was mentioned casually or incidentally. It was the main topic of at least one of the calls. It did not slip through the cracks of Flynn’s memory.

In the final days of the Obama administration, government officials at the highest level already knew enough about those communications, and the lies Flynn had told about them, to be alarmed. Exactly how they obtained this information isn’t fully known yet, but it seems to have been based on some mix of wiretaps, intercepted Russian diplomatic cables, and human resources.

The Post reported yesterday that in the month before Trump took office, the Director of National Intelligence, the Director of the CIA, the FBI Director, and the Acting Attorney General all believed that Flynn had put himself in a compromising position. The Russian government knew that Flynn had discussed sanctions with their ambassador, and that Flynn had lied about it in public. Flynn had also presumably lied to Vice President Pence, who had issued his own categorical denial.

"The familiar and ominous cry of “What did the president know and when did he know it?” is creeping into the national conversation."

The Russians knew that Flynn had lied when he denied having discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador just as the Obama administration was in the process of imposing those sanctions on them for interfering with our presidential election. This was something the Russians could use as leverage against Flynn. They could threaten to expose him. In a word, Flynn might be vulnerable to blackmail by Russia.

According to the Post, that concern led Sally Yates, the then acting attorney general, to inform Donald McGahn, Trump’s White House Counsel, late last month that she believed Flynn had misled senior administration officials about his communications with the Russian ambassador. Yates warned McGahn that Flynn was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail.

So what does all this have to do with Trump? Up to this point, he hasn’t been implicated directly in any inappropriate conduct. But the familiar and ominous cry of “What did the president know and when did he know it?” is creeping into the national conversation.

More: The Flynn Affair Could Bring Down Trump’s Presidency

My guess is that Trump only fired Flynn in self-defense - but it's way too late. The genie is out of the bottle.

The butthurt, and the plain old batshit crazy, is strong in you grasshopper! The only admin that this "affair" is going to affect, is obama's.

Your elevator must not reach the top floor.
Franken is an United States Senator and the people in Minnesota love him.
Dan Rather is one of the most respected journalists of all time. His opinion matters.
And you have the gall to call anyone a liar when your liar in chief has set new records for lying?

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif

Trump is a disaster. You conservatives will be missing GW Bush after 4 years of Trump.

Your elevator must not reach the top floor.
Franken is an United States Senator and the people in Minnesota love him.
Dan Rather is one of the most respected journalists of all time. His opinion matters.
And you have the gall to call anyone a liar when your liar in chief has set new records for lying?

A comedian and a proven liar, just like yourself.

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif

Trump is a disaster. You conservatives will be missing GW Bush after 4 years of Trump.

We were missing him after four weeks of Obama.

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif

That's because you are a loser! It's in your DNA!!!! You can't help it. You have compromised and bad genes.

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif

A few thousand of our soldiers need to die for nothing before anybody starts missing Dubya

Let us know what Trump will be impeached for. Inquiring minds want to know.

More interesting is who would impeach him? It's a Republican led Congress and Senate.
After 2018, the GOP won't be protecting Trump anymore because the Senate will be in Democrat hands. Trump will need Melania to do stripper dances to try to save her pimps Presidency.

Sure they will, just like Hil-Liar was going to beat the pants off of Trump.

You leftists are really not very good with predictions.

Take a chill pill bro
itsok.gif

That's because you are a loser! It's in your DNA!!!! You can't help it. You have compromised and bad genes.

A loser? Who voted for Hillary, you or me? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back