The "Free Press" has a Narrative that Assumes Gays are being Denied a Right...

They can have "civil unions" all they want but "marriage" is religious in nature...

Honestly I could care less what gays do - there is nothing stopping them from consortium so what the fuck is their problem???

There is nothing that states a man and a man or a woman and a woman can't engage in civil contract...

Besides, Loving v Virginia was about race not sexuality.

The only reason why "Jim Crow laws" even existed is because there was nothing in the Constitution that precisely forbid them... But that is an entirely different debate (if it matters I believe the Bill of Rights within itself made Jim Crow laws illegal in the first place).

So those who are married by a Justice of the Peace are not really married to you.

Absolutely NOT - that is called a consortium, or civil union....

They're contractually bound in the eyes of the government, not in the eyes of God.

Like I have said previously - marriage is used extremely loosely these days.

How odd, all those laws, statutes, etc. that call them MARRIAGES. So you are saying those statutes, laws, etc. are WRONG?

They can have "civil unions" all they want but "marriage" is religious in nature...

Honestly I could care less what gays do - there is nothing stopping them from consortium so what the fuck is their problem???

There is nothing that states a man and a man or a woman and a woman can't engage in civil contract...

:rofl:

nigga, please

I have a problem with the terminology being used - not with the action..

I don't give a fuck what anyone does just as long as it doesn't effect me.

I just believe the word "marriage" is used too loosely....

As a Catholic I take offense to homosexuals using a word that traditionally describes the union between a man and a woman.

A man and a woman is different from a man and a man or a woman and a woman... It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to see that...

tough shit

and that had nothing to do with the catholic laity, hypocrite.

Not hearing that much in the way of demands that the Catholic Church clean its act up...are you? Mostly those complaining are the victims, their families, and civil authorities.

i guess you hear what you want, hypocrite.

I guess I'm a hypocrite for being disgusted by the Catholic Church's cover up of its priests who molest children. If that's what it is to be a hypocrite, I will wear that badge proudly.

Are you saying words aren't being redefined??

I don't even understand how a word can even be redefined....

Words have an original definition (or are homonyms) and anything outside of that is slang...

Of course, it all makes sense. Why would you believe in word evolution when you don't believe in any evolution to begin with?

God made the English language the way it is, right? And it's going to stay that way for all eternity.

Really?? so if everyone started calling a cat a shoe and a shoe a cat that would just be perfectly fine???

Oh and who the hell said I didn't believe in evolution??

Sorry, words cannot "evolve" - hence the term "civil union."

90% of the words you use on a daily basis are nothing but slang...

LOL You really do live in the Dark Ages.

Etymology- How Words Change Over Time

Eight Words Which Have Completely Changed Their Meaning Over Time | Writinghood

The evolution of words | iSGTW

Not hearing that much in the way of demands that the Catholic Church clean its act up...are you? Mostly those complaining are the victims, their families, and civil authorities.

I guess I'm a hypocrite for being disgusted by the Catholic Church's cover up of its priests who molest children. If that's what it is to be a hypocrite, I will wear that badge proudly.

except for the part where you blamed it on all catholics, and not the church hierarchy, you'd be right, hypocrite.

wear it proudly

nigga, please

As a Catholic I take offense to homosexuals using a word that traditionally describes the union between a man and a woman.

A man and a woman is different from a man and a man or a woman and a woman... It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to see that...

As someone who's not a Catholic, I don't give a shit how your opinions affect other people's pursuit of happiness since it really has nothing to do with you.

nigga, please

More offense than you take at the coverups concocted by your church hierarchy, moving child molesting priests around for YEARS?

There is NO Discrimination.

Homosexuals are Designed and Equipped to Couple with the Opposite Sex, and in that, they have Equal Rights in Marriage.

Heteroseuxal Coupling, the way the are Designed and Equipped, is not Naturally Equal to Homosexual Coupling.

One Creates Life and is Reflected in Nature's Design and is "Fundamental to our Very Existence and Survival"...

The other is not.

Homosexuals are Free to not Couple as they are Designed by Nature, but Expecting the Law to call what they are doing Equal to something it Naturally is not is an Entirely different thing.

:(

peace...

Very well said. Reps!

Careful.....you don't know what you are inviting. :eusa_shhh:

Why don't you just say it Mr. Gervais?...

Filthy Coward.

:)

peace...

except for the part where you blamed it on all catholics, and not the church hierarchy, you'd be right, hypocrite.

wear it proudly

I blame it on catholics who excuse it. I blame it on catholics who help hide it. I blame it on catholics who knew about and did NOTHING. I blame it on catholics who close their eyes to it. If that were ALL catholics, I would have SAID all catholics. But, as we see here quite often....people are going to put words in our mouths....for their own agendas. It's what they do. Are you one of them?

Of course, it all makes sense. Why would you believe in word evolution when you don't believe in any evolution to begin with?

God made the English language the way it is, right? And it's going to stay that way for all eternity.

Really?? so if everyone started calling a cat a shoe and a shoe a cat that would just be perfectly fine???

It's all slang........

If you drop a motor manufactured in 2010 into a 1969 Chevelle SS - is that vehicle a 2010 Chevelle SS??

Is a Cat a feline mammal or a hip young black dude??

Every word has an original or root definition..

What the fuck you think this is? linguistic alchemy?

marriage, definition

(1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

(2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

"like that of a traditional marriage", not "a traditional marriage"

Civil unions with the same benefits of marriage is exactly that; being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage.

Leave marriage as defined between one man/one woman.

Civil unions with the same benefits of marriage for same sex couples.

Everyone gets what they want.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
It's the covering up....it's the moving them around for YEARS with no heads up to the new parish. That is DISGUSTING! Let me say it again....DISGUSTING!

and that had nothing to do with the catholic laity, hypocrite.

Many have left the church in disgust over what the church has allowed to happen, what the church has covered up.

nigga, please

As someone who's not a Catholic, I don't give a shit how your opinions affect other people's pursuit of happiness since it really has nothing to do with you.

And as someone who is literate I take offense to fucking mental midgets like yourselves redefining words...

It's not my fucking fault you're to goddamn dumb to acknowledge the difference between a man and a woman and a man and a man...

If you can't see the difference there you're either blind or retarded...

Why bother even using terms like gay or straight??? Oh I'm sure that's next on the progressives "word slaughter" checklist....

It is quite clear you have no fucking standards whatsoever..

wear it proudly

I blame it on catholics who excuse it. I blame it on catholics who help hide it. I blame it on catholics who knew about and did NOTHING. I blame it on catholics who close their eyes to it. If that were ALL catholics, I would have SAID all catholics. But, as we see here quite often....people are going to put words in our mouths....for their own agendas. It's what they do. Are you one of them?

Your obfuscation would make TM proud.

wear it proudly

In what universe do you a) believe all Catholics are the same and b) believe all Catholic parishes are the same????

I've seen batshit crazy progressive communist parishes that focus on the collective and I've seen capitalistic conservative parishes that preach individualism.....

Every parish is different.

Lets also not forget that like 60% of individuals who identify themselves as people of faith in the United States are Catholics....

I'm sure there are plenty of non-Catholic Priests, Imams and Rabbi's that molest children too.

Last edited:

It's all slang........

If you drop a motor manufactured in 2010 into a 1969 Chevelle SS - is that vehicle a 2010 Chevelle SS??

You just told us all that words do not evolve and now you're telling us the word cat has now come to mean a hip young black dude?

SO WHAT if it's slang? What does slang have to do with it? How many years need to go by before the new meaning is no longer slang? When it goes in Webster's? (hint: gay marriage is in Webster's)

And as someone who is literate I take offense to fucking mental midgets like yourselves redefining words...

It's not my fucking fault you're to goddamn dumb to acknowledge the difference between a man and a woman and a man and a man...

If you can't see the difference there you're either blind or retarded...

Why bother even using terms like gay or straight??? Oh I'm sure that's next on the progressives "word slaughter" checklist....

It is quite clear you have no fucking standards whatsoever..

Let me reiterate Nick: I don't give a shit.

The world is changing in front of you whether you like it or not, regardless of your opinion.

It's all slang........

You just told us all that words do not evolve and now you're telling us the word cat has now come to mean a hip young black dude?

SO WHAT if it's slang? What does slang have to do with it? How many years need to go by before the new meaning is no longer slang? When it goes in Webster's? (hint: gay marriage is in Webster's)

It's slang regardless of time.... It's a variant - or in some cases - a completely different meaning from its original definition.

If you knew anything you would know that it was and IS a typical communist tactic to blur language...

Hell, Noam Chomsky is a blatant Communist activist and he is also a linguist....

Ever hear of whole language?

News from The Associated Press

^It's Obvious in the Assumption in most "Reporting" that Marriage is a "Right" being Denied Same Sex Couples.

There is no Right to anything. Washington cannot make or unmake the sacred for free people. Stop using Washington to validate your marriage. Get big brother out of the marriage business altogether.

And stop telling us marriage is sacred. America has the highest divorce rate in the world - and I don't hear nary a peep from the defenders of marriage, those sanctimonious morons spewing condescending brain-dead pious platitudes, and who care more about the rights of stem cells than the millions of children who have died in the middle east.

The biggest drag on the institution of marriage is the divorce rate. It tells children that promises made in front of God can be broken.

Ronald Reagan swore in front of God "Till death do us part".

And then he got divorced.

If he can shit on the institution of marriage, why can't gays?

Last edited:
marriage, definition

(1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

(2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

"like that of a traditional marriage", not "a traditional marriage"

Civil unions with the same benefits of marriage is exactly that; being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage.

Leave marriage as defined between one man/one woman.

Civil unions with the same benefits of marriage for same sex couples.

Everyone gets what they want.

Um, no - segregation is still illegal.

Forum List

Back