The Front Porch Swing

Good morning, Front Porch Swingers -

100_0749_zpsb7bd5191.jpg~original

Excitement followed by slight letdown......

Late last week I ordered a very powerful flashlight, a ThruNite TN32 flashlight. It has 1702 lumen power, and a throw (how far the beam reaches) of 727 meters. Today it arrived. I could hardly wait to try it out. I thought it required D cell batteries. I was wrong, it requires specialized rechargeable batteries and of course a battery charger for them. Disappointing, but once I order these and they arrive, I will be happy.

The flashlight I was thinking of requiring D cell batteries was a flashlight made by Electro Lumens, made in America, state of Oregon. I wish my ThruNite was made here. Well, sometime soon I will be ordering an even more powerful flashlight from Electro Lumens. Here is there website.

Elektro Lumens Home Page

Let us know how you like it....I don't know how many flashlights I've bought over the years that aren't worth a dime....they quit working or they won't illuminate worth a damn....
I need a strong one....

I went shopping this morning....bought some tomato plants, eggplant plants (?) and seeds, plenty of garden soil and manure, even....I'm going to start working on my vegetable garden on Monday....today is almost shot, so I'll just chill....hope everyone is having a great Friday....

what+is+a+vegetable.jpg

I went shopping this morning....bought some tomato plants, eggplant plants (?) and seeds, plenty of garden soil and manure, even....I'm going to start working on my vegetable garden on Monday....today is almost shot, so I'll just chill....hope everyone is having a great Friday....

what+is+a+vegetable.jpg
You must have a huge garden if you're buying manure?

It's 20 x 50, but I don't use all the beds....And the manure is by the bag, not very big, I'll probably need more, but it's like $20 a bag....argh............

P1010816.jpg

Makes sense to me!

59efb4b00f837564f3052078345d9380.jpg

That was georgeous. Sorry, not much on yet today. This weekend is papa-daughter weekend!! And that means bike-riding and skipping rope and street chalk and long walks with the dog and Pipi Longstocking films and ultra-cool stuff like that. We just at a nice dinner of alphabet soup with some Turkeywurst. Yum.

Will be on later some when little princess Statalicious is sleeping.....zzz.....

It's 20 x 50, but I don't use all the beds....And the manure is by the bag, not very big, I'll probably need more, but it's like $20 a bag....argh............

P1010816.jpg

Make your own compost instead of throwing it in the trash. Coffee grounds, fruit and veggie peels, kitty litter, grass clippings, leaves in the fall all combine to make compost and it doesn't cost you anything but a place to set it up. Nowadays they even have composting bins.

images

Makes sense to me!

59efb4b00f837564f3052078345d9380.jpg

That was georgeous. Sorry, not much on yet today. This weekend is papa-daughter weekend!! And that means bike-riding and skipping rope and street chalk and long walks with the dog and Pipi Longstocking films and ultra-cool stuff like that. We just at a nice dinner of alphabet soup with some Turkeywurst. Yum.

Will be on later some when little princess Statalicious is sleeping.....zzz.....

I'll be doing Red Lobster and the Veronica Mars movie with my baby girl. :)

P1010816.jpg

Make your own compost instead of throwing it in the trash. Coffee grounds, fruit and veggie peels, kitty litter, grass clippings, leaves in the fall all combine to make compost and it doesn't cost you anything but a place to set it up. Nowadays they even have composting bins.

images

We've been doing that for years.....I don't know about kitty litter....we do not put that or any dairy products or meat products....no cooked food, either....and I have 2 compost bins.
I don't use oak leaves because they take forever to decompose....but we have lots of grass clippings....they all go into one of the two bins we have.

Time for me to go fix supper.....here's my kitty on a swing for today.....:)

alan-and-sandy-carey-kitten-lounging-on-swing-n-4011769-0.jpg

P1010816.jpg

images

I like that one on the left. Looks like it's trying to make a statement.
I'd paint the dials darker and put rabbit ears on the top.

And of course, plant a couch potato in front...

Last edited:

P1010816.jpg

images

We've been doing that for years.....I don't know about kitty litter....we do not put that or any dairy products or meat products....no cooked food, either....and I have 2 compost bins.
I don't use oak leaves because they take forever to decompose....but we have lots of grass clippings....they all go into one of the two bins we have.

Ok, looks like I was wrong about the kitty litter. Apparently it is clay based and that doesn't make good compost unless you are planning on planting roses. ;)

Does anyone else get audio interruptions while they are posting? Like commercials?

Why?

Forum List

Back