The Front Porch Swing

Good morning, Connery! Good morning, BD! Good morning, Front Porch Swingers! It looks like one beautiful day out there today! The sun is shining, the birds are singin' and life is good now that the Front Porch is swinging again!

- Jeri

I love this one.

b47f5b85bcc4badb4ac1845ce6d54bb8.jpg

:clap:

Good morning, Jeri, Connery, et al.

The Pooches are so happy to be back on the Porch!

08-happy-campers-dogs-on-porch-tcx1213-lg.jpg

Including the collies for [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION].

09051-Limit-Maynard-Porch.jpg

But [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] 's cats are like "Whatever"!

20130713-calico-cat-on-porch-3-M.jpg

Good morning, Jeri, Connery, et al.

The Pooches are so happy to be back on the Porch!

08-happy-campers-dogs-on-porch-tcx1213-lg.jpg

Including the collies for [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION].

09051-Limit-Maynard-Porch.jpg

But [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] 's cats are like "Whatever"!

20130713-calico-cat-on-porch-3-M.jpg

Ah! The tall wooden planters on the front porch are a great design, Derideo! It has given me an idea for my own patio! What a brilliant way to bring those flowers up to eye level when you are sitting down out there. I never thought of it!

Michele needs to fire the decorator. It doesn't flow and the colors do not match. That is not Martha's Vineyard at its best. The art is hung too high. It should be eye level while seated. Personally I prefer the Hawaii vacation home.

LOL! YES! Looks really perilous doesn't it?! ha! ha!

The worst you'll find on this thread is someone trying to rearrange the furniture from time to time. Ahem... and some folks here? Their socks don't match!! {{{{{{{{egads}}}}}}}

NOTE* No pun intended! I mean socks as in the kind you put on your feet. It's from an old CK story. He'll get it. [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

Last edited:

The worst you'll find on this thread is someone trying to rearrange the furniture from time to time. Ahem... and some folks here? Their socks don't match!! {{{{{{{{egads}}}}}}}

NOTE* No pun intended! I mean socks as in the kind you put on your feet. It's from an old CK story. He'll get it. @Cereal Killer

Its funny. When I started on this forum, BD Boop insisted that I was a sock, as well as about 10 other posters. But I have friends here whom I have spoken with, and people who know I am a guy. I don't know what it was that gave this freaking crazy person Statistikengst the idea that i was Boop's sock.

I will pray for your Dad Boop.

Anyone who doesn't know you are a guy, Smilebong, hasn't been paying attention. You're a guy alright. I realized after I made my post that when I used the CK sock story some might think I meant "Sock" so I had to come back with a sticky note! LOL!

Anyway.........here's to mismatched socks! Smiling while typing.......

- Jeri

NOTE* No pun intended! I mean socks as in the kind you put on your feet. It's from an old CK story. He'll get it. @Cereal Killer

Its funny. When I started on this forum, BD Boop insisted that I was a sock, as well as about 10 other posters. But I have friends here whom I have spoken with, and people who know I am a guy. I don't know what it was that gave this freaking crazy person Statistikengst the idea that i was Boop's sock.

This is a Lounge thread! So are the Coffee Shop and Cheers and the rest of the links in my signature.

Please obey the Lounge rules!

USMB Lounge: The USMB Lounge is an off-topic forum free of Political, Religious and Party related topics. Leave the flame throwers and grudges at the door. That means no negging either. Welcome and have fun!!

Not for nothing, but I wasn't here when you joined. I came back in August of last year, and I never thought you were a sock. :thup:

I just got a letter from Walmart telling I'm banned for life ... a list of my transgressions ...

1. June 15: took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.

3. July 7: made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' Emergency Medics were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while I picked my nose. 10. September

10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department,I practiced my 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, I assumed the fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was. And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the Staff passed out.

I want to share this with any folks who have chronic low back pain.

I have had degenerative disc disease for 50 years, progressing so badly that for the last 10 years, I have had unrelenting back pain. Then, 5 months ago, the sciatica began, and there were days that my biggest fear was that I was NOT going to die. I have been told by my neurosurgeons for the last 15 years that the degeneration was so bad that there was not enough left to work with, surgically. That's when They put me on oxycodone. I knew that was bad stuff, so I was finally motivated to go to a pain clinic, where I met with a doctor of anesthesiology. We tried physical therapy (again), but the sciatica quickly put an end to that. I am in the process of going to a new neurosurgeon for another opinion. In the meantime the pain doctor had me in the day before yesterday. He gave me an epidural in my lower spine, L5-S1. I got off the table, and the pain was COMPLETELY gone. Yesterday I did all my shopping a Wal-Mart without having to use an electric cart. I caught up on weeks of housework. I did not have to cook dinner sitting down. It is a little cool today, but next Wednesday I go back to playing water volleyball. Today, I am going to go through my physical therapy exercise book that I have accumulated of the last 30 years, and set myself up a daily exercise program to bring back my muscle tone. My girlfriend tells me that I am running around like a little boy on a brand new set of roller skates. I honestly can not remember the last time that pain was not my constant companion...at least 10 years

This is not permanent. I will need three separate shots, and the doc says that they will wear off. so I will need a booster a couple of times a year.

My message to you all is simply this. You do NOT have to live with chronic back pain. Get referred to a pain clinic staffed by a doctor of anesthesiology, and have an epidural. iI they could put this stuff in a bottle and sell it, oxytocin would disappear due to lack of a need for it!

I want to share this with any folks who have chronic low back pain.

I have had degenerative disc disease for 50 years, progressing so badly that for the last 10 years, I have had unrelenting back pain. Then, 5 months ago, the sciatica began, and there were days that my biggest fear was that I was NOT going to die. I have been told by my neurosurgeons for the last 15 years that the degeneration was so bad that there was not enough left to work with, surgically. That's when They put me on oxycodone. I knew that was bad stuff, so I was finally motivated to go to a pain clinic, where I met with a doctor of anesthesiology. We tried physical therapy (again), but the sciatica quickly put an end to that. I am in the process of going to a new neurosurgeon for another opinion. In the meantime the pain doctor had me in the day before yesterday. He gave me an epidural in my lower spine, L5-S1. I got off the table, and the pain was COMPLETELY gone. Yesterday I did all my shopping a Wal-Mart without having to use an electric cart. I caught up on weeks of housework. I did not have to cook dinner sitting down. It is a little cool today, but next Wednesday I go back to playing water volleyball. Today, I am going to go through my physical therapy exercise book that I have accumulated of the last 30 years, and set myself up a daily exercise program to bring back my muscle tone. My girlfriend tells me that I am running around like a little boy on a brand new set of roller skates. I honestly can not remember the last time that pain was not my constant companion...at least 10 years

This is not permanent. I will need three separate shots, and the doc says that they will wear off. so I will need a booster a couple of times a year.

My message to you all is simply this. You do NOT have to live with chronic back pain. Get referred to a pain clinic staffed by a doctor of anesthesiology, and have an epidural. iI they could put this stuff in a bottle and sell it, oxytocin would disappear due to lack of a need for it!

I know just how you feel! The day after my hip replacement was the first time I was no longer in constant pain in 5 long years. I actually climbed the stairs to the next floor and came back down again (using only one leg because they dislocate all the muscles to replace the hip.) The PT pain of getting those muscles working again was nothing compared to what I had been suffering. At 3 weeks I was out shoveling snow and by 4 weeks no one could tell that I even had any surgery.

Yes, I have long term damage that will always play up but, like you, I have my life back. It is the most awesome thing in the world to be freed from constant unrelenting pain. And my advice is similar to yours. Take charge of your problem and don't stop until you get the answers you deserve and the problem is fixed.

Life is for living! Congratulations on being pain free again! :D

I just got a letter from Walmart telling I'm banned for life ... a list of my transgressions ...

1. June 15: took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.

3. July 7: made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' Emergency Medics were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while I picked my nose. 10. September

10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department,I practiced my 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, I assumed the fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was. And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the Staff passed out.

:rofl:

I can relate to number 2. On the list I mean. Some friends of mine did this in Atlantic City--

In the train station there was a line of pay phones, let's say 27 of them. Somebody went in and got all the phone numbers from these phones, handed them out to 27 different people, and instructed them,

"on the 14th, turn on the 11 o'clock TV news. As soon as you see the news start, call your number, let it ring once and hang up. Then call back, ring twice and hang up, then three, four up to eight and then work backwards back to one. If anyone answers during this, just read random numbers out of the phone book until they hang up".

Five minutes before 11 on the appointed night they had a local vagrant come into the bus station and do a bizarre costumed dance. Then five minutes later the ringing commenced.

Next day the phone company had something like ten trucks out there. :thup:

Forum List

Back