The Front Porch Swing

"Pooch on a porch" --- oh, a wiseguy, eh?

I'll see your pooch and raise a peach... for anyone who's ... parched:

Peach-Porch.jpg

Needs a parrot on a perch.

Phooey!

"I had several epidural injections and none of them were effective. Part of my problem is that one leg, fractured when I was young, healed shorter than the other. Its not a huge amount and I do put a little lift in the heal of one shoe but it still throws everything else off and causes great pain.

On top of that, I also have horrible foot pain. Long story but I've dealt with that for more than 30 years.

I used to have to book stores, was on my feet for 14 hours a day and got up the next day to do it again. Now I can't even make it through an entire grocery store.

When we travel, I get steroid injections in my feet. Very helpful but the effects don't last a long time and too much can be toxic, contributes to osteoporosis, among other things.

Really happy for your relief though. Since I had spine surgery, I just might try the injections again. I'll have to find a different doctor though. The one I was seeing, young guy, half my age, runner, worked out, in excellent condition, told me that since I'm vegetarian I should be taking Vit's B and C and that I should eat red meat and that the Atkin's diet is healthy. He's now dying of colon cancer, no longer able to work. "

Luddly,

My mother had something similar to you. When she was about 25, she was run over by a bus. Broke her leg is two places. they had to remove about 2 inches on bone on one side, and she got used to walking at a tilt for most of her life. Every picture of her showed her skirt 2 inches closer to the ground on her left side. Obviously, her spine became deformed from decades of this. At about 70, she started going in to real pain. The doc gave her an elevator left shoe. After all those years, her body fought this with very serious pain, but she took steroid shots and kept wearing the shoe. It took about 5 years for the pain to stop.

Please try the back epidural. I don't know how long it will work, but IT WORKS! My friends tell me that they have never seen me so happy and animated.
I posted this on my Facepage:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtpreUfcS0]Contours - Do You Love Me - Remastered Bubblerock Video HD - YouTube[/ame]

I just got a letter from Walmart telling I'm banned for life ... a list of my transgressions ...

1. June 15: took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.

3. July 7: made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' Emergency Medics were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while I picked my nose. 10. September

10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department,I practiced my 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, I assumed the fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was. And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the Staff passed out.

:rofl:

I can relate to number 2. On the list I mean. Some friends of mine did this in Atlantic City--

In the train station there was a line of pay phones, let's say 27 of them. Somebody went in and got all the phone numbers from these phones, handed them out to 27 different people, and instructed them,

"on the 14th, turn on the 11 o'clock TV news. As soon as you see the news start, call your number, let it ring once and hang up. Then call back, ring twice and hang up, then three, four up to eight and then work backwards back to one. If anyone answers during this, just read random numbers out of the phone book until they hang up".

Five minutes before 11 on the appointed night they had a local vagrant come into the bus station and do a bizarre costumed dance. Then five minutes later the ringing commenced.

Next day the phone company had something like ten trucks out there. :thup:

pranks-7.jpg

pranks-24.jpg

Please try the back epidural. I don't know how long it will work, but IT WORKS! My friends tell me that they have never seen me so happy and animated.

Do you know exactly what is in the epidural?

Two of my brothers and I have arthritis in our lower spines. One brother has the fusion surgery, the other has electrodes in his back and a little box to adjust the shocks. Neither treatment worked for them and I want no part of either, so maybe this epidural thing might be right for me.

Do you know exactly what is in the epidural?

Two of my brothers and I have arthritis in our lower spines. One brother has the fusion surgery, the other has electrodes in his back and a little box to adjust the shocks. Neither treatment worked for them and I want no part of either, so maybe this epidural thing might be right for me.
Have a look at this article, Grandma. Be sure to scroll to the bottom. There are several pages of information.

Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injections for Low Back Pain and Sciatica

Forum List

Back