The Front Porch Swing

I'd need to give this one some thought. Right now, I'm killing time waiting to see if my sister was able to get a diagnosis on a recurring health issue.

6aa73c5a7e19ad4304d41e195c29cd80.jpg

I saw that, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]. Ya goob.

:lol:

It'll be our secret then ;)

eh -- I threw a challenge flag on my own post and after further review I though it trite, plus it could take the thread down a politico-religion path that would be counter to the purpose here.

Maybe on further reflection I'd sit with my Dad. To spend the time getting to know him better than we spent while he was here.

Then again, he would prolly drive me nutz after ten minutes, 'cause now that I think of it, we tried that.

eh -- I threw a challenge flag on my own post and after further review I though it trite, plus it could take the thread down a politico-religion path that would be counter to the purpose here.

Maybe on further reflection I'd sit with my Dad. To spend the time getting to know him better than we spent while he was here.

Then again, he would prolly drive me nutz after ten minutes, 'cause now that I think of it, we tried that.

Well, it cracked me up - but I can see your point.

I'd want to spend time with my maternal grandmother. She shared so much knowledge with me, and typical callow youth made me ignore most of it. I don't think she knew how much I loved her. She was always so happy to see me, and I was like "Here's my kid, see you when I come pick her up." :(

I'd want to spend time with my maternal grandmother. She shared so much knowledge with me, and typical callow youth made me ignore most of it. I don't think she knew how much I loved her. She was always so happy to see me, and I was like "Here's my kid, see you when I come pick her up." :(

Ah, I think you've crystallized it for me. I'd spend time with my grandfather -- my Dad's Dad. He passed when I was four so I never really got to know him. My Mom tells me I have his sense of humor. When my Mom died a couple of years ago I found a lot of his letters from over the years and got a glimpse of what seems like just a good-hearted guy who liked nothing better than a game of checkers. So there, final answer.

Ah, I think you've crystallized it for me. I'd spend time with my grandfather -- my Dad's Dad. He passed when I was four so I never really got to know him. My Mom tells me I have his sense of humor. When my Mom died a couple of years ago I found a lot of his letters from over the years and got a glimpse of what seems like just a good-hearted guy who liked nothing better than a game of checkers. So there, final answer.

Same here for her husband, only he died when I was seven. He engendered so much love in so many hearts.

I'm going to ramble for a bit - that's what the porch is for.

When I first came on the net, I joined a Yahoo group. It was a typical Minnesota day, and I put up a temp graph that showed us at like -18°. A guy posted at me, "Is that anywhere near Grand Rapids, MN?" I said "Funny you should ask. No, I'm down in the metro. But I was born in Grand Rapids, that's where my mom's family is from." He asked for their last name, and we took it to PM. I wrote their last name, and he said "Are you Roddy's girl, or Kay's?" O.O

He was my uncle's best friend in high school. He slept in the same bed I slept in at grandma's cabin. He spent like every weekend with them during the high school years, and then he shipped out to Korea.

The part that got me though was when he said "Your grandparents were amazing people, everybody thought very highly of them."

What a gift that was.

Funny after bit though; my uncle refused to believe I'd met his best friend online. He was sure Bob had died in the war.

I'm not kidding.

Forum List

Back