The Front Porch Swing

588e7fdc31fa317051827e320ad4ca10.jpg

"You've got to go out on a limb sometimes; that's where the fruit is" -- Will Rogers

True.

And speaking of trees, and limbs: Is Hobbes beinhavin?

"You've got to go out on a limb sometimes; that's where the fruit is" -- Will Rogers

True.

And speaking of trees, and limbs: Is Hobbes beinhavin?

Coarse not. He's a cat. But at least he hain't stranded hisself.

T'other night I walked out on the porch at 3am and the little bastardo zipped out the door and was off into the night. I got him back though. That's been about it.

He gittin' heavy. I must be feeding him.

I'd need to give this one some thought. Right now, I'm killing time waiting to see if my sister was able to get a diagnosis on a recurring health issue.

6aa73c5a7e19ad4304d41e195c29cd80.jpg

My grandfather. He died when I was 15. He was a great preacher and seemed larger than life. I was kind of intimidated and had a skull full of mush. I would like to spend an hour now and get his insight on this thing called life.

I'd need to give this one some thought. Right now, I'm killing time waiting to see if my sister was able to get a diagnosis on a recurring health issue.

My grandfather. He died when I was 15. He was a great preacher and seemed larger than life. I was kind of intimidated and had a skull full of mush. I would like to spend an hour now and get his insight on this thing called life.

I remember standing next to my grandparents' bed, just staring at my grandpa. Finally, one eye would pop open, and he'd smile. "Hey, pumpkin." He'd grab me by the butt end, and haul me up on the bed so I could snuggle in with them.

Over fifty years later, that memory still makes me happy and misty. Course, that could be because tomorrow is my mom's birthday as well. Damn onions.

One would think, with all the times I have experienced this personally, I would remember the truth of the matter.

Things always improve. Always. The valleys never last - nor do the peaks. But the bad times always pass.

4c266c6ba516e44b1ec5fbd8922d72d3.jpg

Guinness World Book of Records - world's longest porch swing...60 feet long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu2679QqkNg&feature=player_detailpage]World's Longest Porch Swing - YouTube[/ame]

That would be Mrs Te's uncle Cedric. Awesome man. He was a spy behind German lines in WW2 and then worked for UNICEF before spending many years in the middle east. He was a kindred spirit and someone who I would happily spend time with again if I could.

That would be Mrs Te's uncle Cedric. Awesome man. He was a spy behind German lines in WW2 and then worked for UNICEF before spending many years in the middle east. He was a kindred spirit and someone who I would happily spend time with again if I could.

He sounds like a great man, Derideo!

With a tape recorder, because I'd want to listen to what he had to say again and again.

Same with my grandma and grandpa. Ordinary people, ordinary lives, but so much wisdom.

Welp ... end of the day, gittin' on the road. Later y'all.
Since it's Friday afternoon, a little porch music...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFxTceLbEY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFxTceLbEY[/ame]

Forum List

Back