The Front Porch Swing

Morning everyone. A few things going on this morning but looks like only 1-3" of snow.

:(

Oh my....you're still getting snow?

Oh yeah, I was just talking to my daughter telling her we would be in the 30s by the end of this week with some rain to melt some of this snow. She keeps walking her dogs everyday cold, snowy, whatever is in her path.

The end of the week it will at least be tolerable temperature-wise.

I've told my sister, if they get a dog, they can count on me taking it for actual long walks. *she is concerned about my health* So far, no joy.

What breed or breeds are your daughter's dogs?

Evening, is anyone still awake?

Every time I say goodnight, then I end up posting a few more posts.....can't help myself...:razz:

I love those kind of confessions. :D

My little one is playing war of rubber ducky against big blinking green boat in the bathtub, so I have about 10 minutes to post. We had a massive program of stuff we did today and she just ended her day by practicing viola for about 15 minutes, which, for a 7 year old, is pretty reasonable. She is learning the so-called "4th finger stretch" right now, and just practiced it quite a lot, it's fun to watch. She just sang one of Papa's arias from "For the Love of Three Oranges" whilst playing with her duckies. I am just lovin it. In about 7 minutes, she will get out, dry off, jump into her nighty-night clothes and then I need to blow-dry her hair before bed. I love it being a Papa but never once dreamed I would be learning various and sundry techniques for braiding a child's hair!! lol....

Will be back on later to catch up on some threads, but it sure looks like the Stoop is doing well. No surprise there, with boop at the helm!!

Full steam ahead, Käpitän Boop!! :)

Oh my....you're still getting snow?

Oh yeah, I was just talking to my daughter telling her we would be in the 30s by the end of this week with some rain to melt some of this snow. She keeps walking her dogs everyday cold, snowy, whatever is in her path.

The end of the week it will at least be tolerable temperature-wise.

I've told my sister, if they get a dog, they can count on me taking it for actual long walks. *she is concerned about my health* So far, no joy.

What breed or breeds are your daughter's dogs?

The cute lab in my profile picture and a little Piquanese.

Every time I say goodnight, then I end up posting a few more posts.....can't help myself...:razz:

My little one is playing war of rubber ducky against big blinking green boat in the bathtub, so I have about 10 minutes to post. We had a massive program of stuff we did today and she just ended her day by practicing viola for about 15 minutes, which, for a 7 year old, is pretty reasonable. She is learning the so-called "4th finger stretch" right now, and just practiced it quite a lot, it's fun to watch. She just sang one of Papa's arias from "For the Love of Three Oranges" whilst playing with her duckies. I am just lovin it. In about 7 minutes, she will get out, dry off, jump into her nighty-night clothes and then I need to blow-dry her hair before bed. I love it being a Papa but never once dreamed I would be learning various and sundry techniques for braiding a child's hair!! lol....

Will be back on later to catch up on some threads, but it sure looks like the Stoop is doing well. No surprise there, with boop at the helm!!

I always knew that my daughter was happy because I could hear her singing. She still does that to this day! :)

Boop sat on a stoop.
The stoop thunk the Boop stunk
And the Boop thunk the stoop stunk.

or something like that....

:)

Didja mean something like this perhaps:

There was a young lady named Boop,
Who had a magnificent Stoop,
When she sat on her rocker
The guys all wanted to ________
That awesome young lady's bedoop!

Hmmm...still needs some work! :D

Boop sat on a stoop.

/groan

I still lurves ya anyways.

:thanks:

Boop sat on a stoop.

There was a young boop from nantucket....

nope, not quite right.....

lemme see....

If you wanna get out of the coop,
then drag yer ass off the couch and get over to boop,
cuz's at boop's stoop there's never a droop, it'll throw you fer a loop,
So, don't be a poop, head over to Boop!!

Boop sat on a stoop.

/groan

I still lurves ya anyways.

:thanks:

Did the kids wake you up again?

You are so fortunate to be having this time with your little one, you seem like the perfect daddy....she is blessed. And, she's a cutie, too....so enjoy it while you can, they grow up so fast, you'll be wondering where all the time went, and why it went so fast, before too long, I know cause I'm there.....:)

The stoop has been here now for 6.5 days. This post will now be (probably) 863.

863 / 6.5 = 132.6 posts a day.

132.6 * 365 = 48,404 posts.

Those are the current stats, brought to you by Stat!

You are good.....no wonder you call yourself Stat.....:razz:

Boop sat on a stoop.

Who'd thought there was a little naughty in DT? :clap2::clap2:

I'll be bowing out early today. Hub's birthday, going out to dinner to celebrate, with friends.
I can almost taste that "filet mignon" that I'm going to order.....with blue cheese butter on top, hope it's as good as it has been in the past at Saltgrass...

Filet%2BMignon.jpg
I don't like to mix my pork and my beef.

Now, bacon-wrapped seafood is another story...

That was just a picture I grabbed from the net...mine had the mushrooms and caramelized onions, but it didn't have the bacon wrap. It was delicious....with a spinach salad and a sweet potato.

(Sauteed Mushrooms & Grilled Onion Combo)

You can't beat sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. I wish I could get them into every dish.

Forum List

Back