The Front Porch Swing

3 hour layover in Omaha = sadness.

I was there at the end of September first of October: some rain, not much.

Sat on a bench on the Iowa side of the Missouri, trying to picture the keelboat of the Corps of Discovery being poled up stream against that incredible current.

Do you have a Kindle, at least?

Laptop and a cellphone. Burning time on my movie library. :)

Very cool. You okay on the battery life? That's why I always travel with iPad AND Kindle. Don't want to get stuck staring at the walls if the battery is dead.

There's always AC to be found during layover stops. It's on the bus I have to be frugal on the power settings. I usually just play Bejeweled on my cell or sleep while riding.

I don't like to mix my pork and my beef.

Now, bacon-wrapped seafood is another story...

That was just a picture I grabbed from the net...mine had the mushrooms and caramelized onions, but it didn't have the bacon wrap. It was delicious....with a spinach salad and a sweet potato.

(Sauteed Mushrooms & Grilled Onion Combo)

You can't beat sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. I wish I could get them into every dish.

I know....I would make them more often at home, but Mr Mertex doesn't like mushrooms....pity that....they are so good.

That means it is yesterday in the grand ole U S of A!

You are all ahead of us....you could help me win the lotto by telling me the numbers before they announce them here.....LOL! (just kidding)

Going on a bike ride today.....the weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm hoping it is, I hate to ride when it's cold.

Won't be back till late.....keep a warm place for me.......:razz:

(I learned not to say "keep my seat warm" - got a lot of quirky offers.....):razz:

That was just a picture I grabbed from the net...mine had the mushrooms and caramelized onions, but it didn't have the bacon wrap. It was delicious....with a spinach salad and a sweet potato.

(Sauteed Mushrooms & Grilled Onion Combo)

You can't beat sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. I wish I could get them into every dish.

I know....I would make them more often at home, but Mr Mertex doesn't like mushrooms....pity that....they are so good.

Oh, I am a huge mushroom fan! I agree on the 'every dish' mindset. In fact, I think it's time I make Burger Trittini again. :thup:

Going on a bike ride today.....the weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm hoping it is, I hate to ride when it's cold.

Won't be back till late.....keep a warm place for me.......:razz:

(I learned not to say "keep my seat warm" - got a lot of quirky offers.....):razz:

Just pass 'em on over. >.>

Oh, I am a huge mushroom fan! I agree on the 'every dish' mindset. In fact, I think it's time I make Burger Trittini again. :thup:

I love them on hamburgers.....with A-1!

Laptop and a cellphone. Burning time on my movie library. :)

Very cool. You okay on the battery life? That's why I always travel with iPad AND Kindle. Don't want to get stuck staring at the walls if the battery is dead.

:eusa_eh: The walls can be very interesting.
Especially if the paint is fading :thup:

Totally depends on the walls, right.

I'm a bit too wired. When the doctor came in to see me at the ER, he pointed at the Kindle and iPad on the cot in front of me and said, "You've been here before?"

;)

Mmm mushrooms. I was just thinking about breakfast, he's working this weekend and I thought I would have another cup of coffee then make something. Wish I had shrooms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XocQqDbFKbs]CheeseBurger in Paradise - YouTube[/ame]

Happy Sunday, from The Treasure Coast of Florida.
( :eusa_shhh: Highs in the low 80's today )​

Forum List

Back