The Front Porch Swing

Yeah well I finally figured out my WiFi. I've had a modem with WiFi for awhile but never used it. We have a PS3 in the house that you are supposed to use it with and I just recently got a smart phone you need to use it with. Finally, got it set up. I had no clue. It was embarrassing how little I knew. I was forgetting to go online and put a password in. I was just frustrated I had no WiFi icon on my computer. I really need to get with the times. My daughter already knows more about how to use my cell phone than I do. LOL

I'm sorry - I'm fooling myself on what?

I'm sure there's a fair number of women such as myself who get cranky if we have to refer to the directions.

I meant do not fool yourself that all men are good at doing such tasks.

Ah, okay. Well, as I stated the other day, worst tantrum I ever had was when I got in a fight with a sliding closet door that refused to allow me to hang it. Literally pounding on the bedroom floor with a hammer, screaming frustration.

THAT was attractive, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

It's workin' for me
swoon.gif

Yeah, you were right -- you're a reincarneted testosterone carrier. Or as Ed Asner might say, "you've got spunk". :eusa_shifty:

Ah, okay. Well, as I stated the other day, worst tantrum I ever had was when I got in a fight with a sliding closet door that refused to allow me to hang it. Literally pounding on the bedroom floor with a hammer, screaming frustration.

THAT was attractive, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

It's workin' for me
swoon.gif

Yeah, you were right -- you're a reincarneted testosterone carrier. Or as Ed Asner might say, "you've got spunk". :eusa_shifty:

I come from a family of feisty. ;)

Blessed be, I have done all my duties, and can FINALLY get some sleep!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU]Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube[/ame]

Night, all! See you on the flip side.

@statistikhengst? I feel this version sucks. Not enough life and joy in it. Any recommendations?

I like hanging out on the front porch. its about time I get to know you all outside the madness err forums ;) :beer:

Well, it was either the porch or the bomb shelter ... ;)

Whatcha got planned today, mister?

Yeah well I finally figured out my WiFi. I've had a modem with WiFi for awhile but never used it. We have a PS3 in the house that you are supposed to use it with and I just recently got a smart phone you need to use it with. Finally, got it set up. I had no clue. It was embarrassing how little I knew. I was forgetting to go online and put a password in. I was just frustrated I had no WiFi icon on my computer. I really need to get with the times. My daughter already knows more about how to use my cell phone than I do. LOL

I am on the downside of the technology curve. Once upon a time I was on the bleeding edge and I have the scars to prove it too. Nowadays I don't have the time to stay current so I stick to what I need to know. If there is something new that I don't know I ask my daughter since she is now reaching the point where I used to be. Passing the torch to the next generation. :)

Blessed be, I have done all my duties, and can FINALLY get some sleep!!!

Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube

Night, all! See you on the flip side.

@statistikhengst? I feel this version sucks. Not enough life and joy in it. Any recommendations?

A little more pep in this version, but not as clean as the English consort series:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU]Handel - Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube[/ame]

Do not fool yourself that all men are any different.

I'm sorry - I'm fooling myself on what?

I'm sure there's a fair number of women such as myself who get cranky if we have to refer to the directions.

If my hub decides to put something together....I usually go outside so I don't have to hear him calling the object bad names.......:razz:

Today I have to cram for a big test tomorrow. I don't know why this class should be so frustrating it's an Elective but I found out to late (can't drop it now) that it bores me.

Today I have to cram for a big test tomorrow. I don't know why this class should be so frustrating it's an Elective but I found out to late (can't drop it now) that it bores me.

I hope you do well. Study hard and then don't think about it....and get a good night's rest...

Oh, that's not good. How long are you trapped?

The semester ends at the end of April.

I thought I would like it because it is studying religion, but it bores me. :tongue:

I'm so behind on everything.....I spend too much time here and there.....but, just checking in and hoping everyone is doing okay.....

3.gif

thanks for the invite, miss boop, m'am.

seems like a lot of people are busy hanging on by threads.

moi aussi. seems like the word got out that i am somewhat fluent in military bureaucratese and this kid asked me to help him fill out a form for a compassionate reassignment to help his sick father. even after all these years, my eyes glaze over reading those things. man, they have a twenty plus page form to ask a simple question. the sad part is is that a lot of enlisted rookies who have problems won't fill out these forms because they can't get to the question.

but on the lighter hand, you have me thinking in malaprops with your "jellyspoons" so i will clear my head and hammer out an address hopefully susceptable to the military bureaucrazy. don't wanna leave that kid up the creek without a pickle.

Ok party's here. Now what?

Wait........strike that no can do dat now. Spent the entire first half of the day in the hospital stuck to a bunch of heart monitoring crap and am to take it easy ...what kind of tea can I have for that?

Rooibos!

TWN-27896-0.jpg

Rooibos is becoming more popular in Western countries, particularly among health-conscious consumers, due to its high level of antioxidants such as aspalathin[2] and nothofagin, its lack of caffeine, and its low tannin levels compared to fully oxidized black tea or unoxidized green tea leaves.[3] Rooibos also contains a number of phenolic compounds, including flavanols, flavones, flavanones, and dihydrochalcones.[4]
Rooibos is purported to assist with nervous tension, allergies and digestive problems.[5] Rooibos tea has been shown to inhibit in vitro activity of xanthine oxidase, but an in vivo study has not been conducted. Xanthine oxidase (XO) plays a role in conversion of purine to uric acid in humans and reducing the activity of XO could limit uric acid production, which would aid in treatment of gout. In in vitro tests only, for the specific concentration tested, the infusion was shown to be less than half as effective as allopurinol, which is the drug typically prescribed to inhibit XO activity in treating gout.[6]
Two flavonoids found in rooibos, quercetin and luteolin, have been known to have cancer fighting qualities.[7] Rooibos does not contain the antioxidant Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) found in tea.[8]
Traditional medicinal uses of rooibos in South Africa include alleviating infantile colic, allergies, asthma and dermatological problems.[9]

In 2011, researchers conducted a trial to test the effects of rooibos on various biological markers considered to be indicative of risk for cardiovascular disease and other degenerative diseases. A high intake of rooibos tea resulted in significant reductions in lipid peroxidation, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and an increase in HDL cholesterol levels compared with the control group. The researchers concluded that rooibos lowered risk factors.[14]

Ok party's here. Now what?

Wait........strike that no can do dat now. Spent the entire first half of the day in the hospital stuck to a bunch of heart monitoring crap and am to take it easy ...what kind of tea can I have for that?

Rooibos!

TWN-27896-0.jpg

Rooibos is becoming more popular in Western countries, particularly among health-conscious consumers, due to its high level of antioxidants such as aspalathin[2] and nothofagin, its lack of caffeine, and its low tannin levels compared to fully oxidized black tea or unoxidized green tea leaves.[3] Rooibos also contains a number of phenolic compounds, including flavanols, flavones, flavanones, and dihydrochalcones.[4]
Rooibos is purported to assist with nervous tension, allergies and digestive problems.[5] Rooibos tea has been shown to inhibit in vitro activity of xanthine oxidase, but an in vivo study has not been conducted. Xanthine oxidase (XO) plays a role in conversion of purine to uric acid in humans and reducing the activity of XO could limit uric acid production, which would aid in treatment of gout. In in vitro tests only, for the specific concentration tested, the infusion was shown to be less than half as effective as allopurinol, which is the drug typically prescribed to inhibit XO activity in treating gout.[6]
Two flavonoids found in rooibos, quercetin and luteolin, have been known to have cancer fighting qualities.[7] Rooibos does not contain the antioxidant Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) found in tea.[8]
Traditional medicinal uses of rooibos in South Africa include alleviating infantile colic, allergies, asthma and dermatological problems.[9]

In 2011, researchers conducted a trial to test the effects of rooibos on various biological markers considered to be indicative of risk for cardiovascular disease and other degenerative diseases. A high intake of rooibos tea resulted in significant reductions in lipid peroxidation, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and an increase in HDL cholesterol levels compared with the control group. The researchers concluded that rooibos lowered risk factors.[14]
Ok...I'll try it...be a dear and brew me a cup? :D

Forum List

Back