The Front Porch Swing

How was dinner, [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] ? Did you have much of a wait?

Not at all.....we opted for early 5:30, and were sitted immediately. Good timing as there was a large crowd when we left....

I had the Eggplant Parmigiana, and it was delicious.....I took a picture....

20140214_164445-1.jpg

How was dinner, [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] ? Did you have much of a wait?

Not at all.....we opted for early 5:30, and were sitted immediately. Good timing as there was a large crowd when we left....

I had the Eggplant Parmigiana, and it was delicious.....I took a picture....

20140214_164445-1.jpg

Mouth-watering!

Kvinna ("queen") - Swedish for "woman".

So we had an earthquake here in Georgia tonight. Georgia. :eek:

Oh, Swedish. I'm a Finnlander. No wonder I had no idea.

Those swedes are sneaky devils. Yah.

Earthquake! What the hell, Bobby!?

I know, right? Everybody in the hotel popped their head out their doors. Thought it might have been a thumpy-thump car but it went on too long. Sounded basically like somebody had loaded sixteen refrigerators onto an industrial cart with metal wheels and was rolling it across the ceiling. But it was the kind of thing you feel more than hear.

A Finn, is it? That sounds fishy. You a Pisces working for scale? Well not tonight-- I got a haddock.

Queens, finns, fishies and earthquakes, oh my!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI]Ba dum tssshhh - YouTube[/ame]

Good Morning-Porch swingers of the world!!

Well, I didn't have Haddock last nicht, but it's all for a good Lachs, if you ask me!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI]Ba dum tssshhh - YouTube[/ame]

And now, in solemn friendship with our finnish porch-swingers:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUs2PlJgBw]Finlandia Hymn - Lyrics & English Translation HD - YouTube[/ame]

One of the most beautiful national anthems of all time, also used in Sibelius' "[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iZWrzHl_I"]Finlandia[/ame]". The English translation rolls along the Finnish in the video, you can even use it as karaoke.

If did a layover in Helsinki once on vacation, what an incredible city. And also visited an igloo hotel there once, in Kakslautten (not far from the three points border with Norway - which wraps around the northern side of Finland, and Russia). brrrrrrrr.... Goodness, what and incredible trip that was...

Back to "Finlandia": when I was a High Schooler and played trombone in one of the finer marching bands in the land, from SW Ohio, our High School Band Director passed out a number of hymns arranged for marching band and allowed us to select one to use as our warm-up music before contest. Guess which one we picked? Finlandia.

Oh, and I did tell you that Finns know how to drink? :)

Finns are some of the coolest people I have ever met. And they can be feisty. Boop, I now understand you better. :D They held out longer than any other of the "smaller" states that the Soviet Union attacked and occupied during WWII. They are a very proud people and they cherish their freedom. And the Finns have an unbelievable love for both sports and fine arts and like to mix them. There have been some sports operas actually written and performed in the open, live, and filmed at the same time, in finnish.

Now, how I am able to type any of this right now is somewhat of a miracle, for I went out with one of my workout buddies last night, Jamal (his parents come from Iran and Krygistan, he was born where I live), and let's say we did the local economy some good last night. The good news is: I made it home in one piece and still know where to find the aspirin. Hallelujah. BTW, what time is it???

:D

Last edited:
Well then, I shall consider your visit a Valentine gift! :thanks:

Thank you, BDBoop!. Here's lookin' atcha from the porch. Keeping up with the Curling there in Sochi from up there in Canada?

FrontPorchPic3a_zps3334f651.jpg

No, I haven't followed the Olympics at all. And I'm in Minnesota, aka Baja Canada.

I've had that there forever. I might change it. :)

Well then, I shall consider your visit a Valentine gift! :thanks:

Thank you, BDBoop!. Here's lookin' atcha from the porch. Keeping up with the Curling there in Sochi from up there in Canada?

FrontPorchPic3a_zps3334f651.jpg

No, I haven't followed the Olympics at all. And I'm in Minnesota, aka Baja Canada.

I've had that there forever. I might change it. :)

Ahhh, so that is what Baja, Canada means. Gotcha.

Forum List

Back