The Front Porch Swing

woke up to loud cracking of thunder before 9 am followed by sun breaking through at 10:45. Maybe I should be a p/t meteorologist :D

woke up to loud cracking of thunder before 9 am followed by sun breaking through at 10:45. Maybe I should be a p/t meteorologist :D

That's got to be one of the best jobs....you don't have to be right all the time...heck, you don't have to be right at all, just get people's hopes up.....:razz::razz:

That's got to be one of the best jobs....you don't have to be right all the time...heck, you don't have to be right at all, just get people's hopes up.....:razz::razz:
yep. they got our snow forecasts wrong more than they got it right this season.

Took me a while to find this place but thanks to my GPS, I made it.

Love what you've done to the joint. Nice curtains, comfy rocker on the porch. Gonna put my philodendron right over there ...

Boop, hope your sister is okay and I LOVE that sister photo.

Luissa - I'm not clear about what went on with your son. He's not autistic, right? I have enormous respect and admiration for those who raise special needs kids. Not saying your son is cuz, as I say, I'm not clear on that. Hope Im not stepping on toes with this ...

Gotta go water that philodendron.

Thank you for dropping by, Luddly. :)

Would you like something to drink, an iced tea perhaps?

Morning all. Still no rain here. Cloudy yesterday, but that was about it. Sunny and in the
70s and 80s all week. Now that might sound good, but it's winter and we need rain badly.

Holding thumbs that you get some rain sooner rather than later. :)

Morning all. Still no rain here. Cloudy yesterday, but that was about it. Sunny and in the
70s and 80s all week. Now that might sound good, but it's winter and we need rain badly.

Good morning....Bodey...you all need rain too? We've had a couple of misty days with heavy dew....I mean heavy...it actually wets the ground, but no rain to speak of. Seems like a lot of places are having that same problem.

On the other hand...those that got snow...are now going to get rain...according to the news last night....:confused:

I just had to turn on the light on my desk because it has gone so dark outside that I can no longer see the keyboard clearly! :eek: It was bright and sunny earlier and now it is looking like we are about to get some serious rain and that is going to mean flooding around here because the ice will block the drains.

Took me a while to find this place but thanks to my GPS, I made it.

Love what you've done to the joint. Nice curtains, comfy rocker on the porch. Gonna put my philodendron right over there ...

Boop, hope your sister is okay and I LOVE that sister photo.

Luissa - I'm not clear about what went on with your son. He's not autistic, right? I have enormous respect and admiration for those who raise special needs kids. Not saying your son is cuz, as I say, I'm not clear on that. Hope Im not stepping on toes with this ...

Gotta go water that philodendron.

Aww, bless you! You brought flowers. They are lovely.

Now, what can I get you to drink?

This evening I woke up for work about 7:30. Noticed it was dark upstairs thought to myself Great! My sister is sick, she went to bed early, she's taking good care of herself.

As I'm logging in to work, I check Facebook and find a message from her. "So, I'm at Urgent Care ..."

I freaked out. Somehow thought she meant emergency room. She has had these incidents, three times now I think, where she is rushed by ambulance to the ER. They don't know what is the matter with her, and it doesn't affect her at all except when it is happening.

I thought it had happened again, but no. She has an upper respiratory infection.

I calmed right down. :) Funny how that sisterly "tie that binds" is as tight as it was the day I hit the planet (13.5 months behind her.)

Glad it wasn't serious.

That's too funny....my mom would try and dress my sister (4 years older) and me the same, too....only in different colors...and this while we were older...like 10/14! We, of course, wouldn't wear them on the same day.....

Of course not! I think my mom stopped when we started school.

Good morning ya'll! It is overcast here but mild weather. Not too cold outside. A real welcome change here in Georgia! :eusa_angel:

Yay! I've been telling customers for weeks, this just isn't right. Y'all can't handle our weather anymore than we could handle yours. :)

lol! That's funny! We definitely do not know how to drive on ice. I think that secret is out now. :eusa_angel:

I decided to take a little break from working.....bet I'll be here for an hour or longer, tsk, tsk...

take-a-career-break.jpg

Rut-roh.

I can foresee some serious trouble in my future.

Well, this changes EVERYTHING!!! I didn't know this. Did you?

You can make cookies from any box of cake mix. Just add 2 eggs and 1/3 cup oil to any 18 oz mix. Drop into 1-inch mounds and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes for delicious and easy cookies.

Rut-roh.

You can make cookies from any box of cake mix. Just add 2 eggs and 1/3 cup oil to any 18 oz mix. Drop into 1-inch mounds and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes for delicious and easy cookies.

Oooh.....that sounds good....do they come out soft like cake? I don't like soft cookies....:(

Rut-roh.

Oooh.....that sounds good....do they come out soft like cake? I don't like soft cookies....:(

I do not know, but am willing to try!!

Thank me, darn it. This is a sacrifice.

:eusa_hand:

Good morning ya'll! It is overcast here but mild weather. Not too cold outside. A real welcome change here in Georgia! :eusa_angel:

Yay! I've been telling customers for weeks, this just isn't right. Y'all can't handle our weather anymore than we could handle yours. :)

lol! That's funny! We definitely do not know how to drive on ice. I think that secret is out now. :eusa_angel:

It's like watching a bunch of cars perform Bambi on Ice.

*family joke: My daughter has long legs with these dainty little ankles. Whenever she'd take a tumble she reminded me of nothing so much as Bambi trying to maintain footing on the ice.*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSh1eLrxiqs]Bambi on the ice - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back