The Front Porch Swing

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone....now off to drink my coffee.......
softKissesSS.gif

425.jpg

You get off work before he's home from school then? That'd be nice.

Yeah! I get off at 215. Thankfully they went to all day kindergarten this year. It's good for him, he needs school all day for one he loves school, and it helps with daycare sad to say. My dad watches him in the morning and he gets off the bus at 335.
My son has had delays and has been in therapy since right before his 2nd birthday. I am not going to get too in to it, people are assholes around here. Anyways, having him full day kindergarten has helped so much. He is in a integrated kindergarten with children who needed therapy like him and then "normal" children.
He still has problems with some things, but very few, and he has moved on to first grade words on his flash cards ahead of some of the "normal" kids. I think a lot of it before was him being stubborn. No clue where he gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Yeah! I get off at 215. Thankfully they went to all day kindergarten this year. It's good for him, he needs school all day for one he loves school, and it helps with daycare sad to say. My dad watches him in the morning and he gets off the bus at 335.
My son has had delays and has been in therapy since right before his 2nd birthday. I am not going to get too in to it, people are assholes around here. Anyways, having him full day kindergarten has helped so much. He is in a integrated kindergarten with children who needed therapy like him and then "normal" children.
He still has problems with some things, but very few, and he has moved on to first grade words on his flash cards ahead of some of the "normal" kids. I think a lot of it before was him being stubborn. No clue where he gets it.

Whenever my daughter alludes to a shared personality trait that could be construed as 'negative,' I announce with a perfectly straight face that it must've skipped a generation. >.>

I'm glad he's making strides! I have many friends whose offspring have faced similar challenges ... we all cheer them on when they clear another hurdle. :thup:

Building;
plainsboro.jpg

35435078.jpg

Seating;
garden-overlook5.jpg

20111112008.jpg

Research;
image.php

Childrens;

Green cushions around the reading well under the skylight in the LHS image
46302702388413826yxCRlZDNc.jpg

8148476323_f392456578_o.jpg

DSCN1173.JPG

image.php

Art Gallery and Coffee Bar;

8148502486_3f078bb13f_o.jpg

4551405134.jpg

4551405084.jpg

WOW, what accommodations :thup:

So --- how often do people fall asleep in one of those big hand chairs?

:dunno: but I am sure it has happened. :)

Interestingly enough the chairs are made out of a weed that clogs the waterways around here. A Vietnamese immigrant who was working to help clear the waterways then started weaving the weed and came up with these chair designs.

About half the population of our town are immigrants and so we have all sorts of interesting festivals. Diwali and Holi are celebrated along with Christmas, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July. For Chinese New Year we have our own Dragon that lives in the basement. It is a fascinating place.

-08f7dbc3b7054faf.JPG
I bet Holi is fun.

With smart kids it can sometimes be boredom that results in them acting out to get attention. Once they start to discover that learning can be fun there is no stopping them. If you can get them into reading they will always be exploring new things with their minds.

WOW, what accommodations :thup:

So --- how often do people fall asleep in one of those big hand chairs?

:dunno: but I am sure it has happened. :)

Interestingly enough the chairs are made out of a weed that clogs the waterways around here. A Vietnamese immigrant who was working to help clear the waterways then started weaving the weed and came up with these chair designs.

About half the population of our town are immigrants and so we have all sorts of interesting festivals. Diwali and Holi are celebrated along with Christmas, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July. For Chinese New Year we have our own Dragon that lives in the basement. It is a fascinating place.

-08f7dbc3b7054faf.JPG
I bet Holi is fun.

Yup! All of the festivals are fun but the summer programs for the kids are the best of all. The Anything that Floats and Cardboard Boat races on the local pond are my favorites. The Egg Drop competition from the 3rd floor balcony is another perennial that never ceases to be fun. We also have Robotics and science programs where local laboratories come in and let the kids have hands on fun with experiments.

Yup! All of the festivals are fun but the summer programs for the kids are the best of all. The Anything that Floats and Cardboard Boat races on the local pond are my favorites. The Egg Drop competition from the 3rd floor balcony is another perennial that never ceases to be fun. We also have Robotics and science programs where local laboratories come in and let the kids have hands on fun with experiments.

Posterity. :thup:

With smart kids it can sometimes be boredom that results in them acting out to get attention. Once they start to discover that learning can be fun there is no stopping them. If you can get them into reading they will always be exploring new things with their minds.

My son is very smart. He observes quite a bit plus he memorizes words and patterns of words. Last soccer season before he could read most kindergarten words he read a sign for a pizza place called the Fieldhouse. We had been there before and he recognized the pattern of the word. He started doing this early on with the guide on the TV, memorizing the names of TV shows. The kid is smart, I am just glad we have been able to unlock some of it.
When he was younger he wouldn't talk, and that is how this all started with therapy. Then I realized he liked dinosaurs. The kid had problems with speech yet could name almost every single dinosaur when showing him their picture by the time he was three.
A few months ago my sister was bragging about her seven year old son knowing all the dinosaurs. Lol I just smiled.

Forum List

Back