The Future Of Electric Cars Is Here

Get use to more of this -
garage.jpg

and -
RTR1SIK7-1024x692.jpg

None of these structures were designed for the much heavier EVs.

a fully loaded semi weighs far more than a tesla,,
Irrelevant statement. Bridges, parking decks, and roads are designed for all the vehicles that will be using them. If you don't understand how doubling the weight of the average car would affect the engineering calculations, I can't help you.

Irrelevant statement. Bridges, parking decks, and roads are designed for all the vehicles that will be using them. If you don't understand how doubling the weight of the average car would affect the engineering calculations, I can't help you.
who doubled the weight of cars??

Internal combustion is pricing itself out of the market. The rate of subprime loan defaults is critical in the auto sales division.

Hydrogen is the future.
How? It isn't found freely on Earth, therefore must be produced. Its atomic size makes storage a constant loss problem, its combustibility makes it a transport problem. Explain how there is a future in that.

doubling the weight of the average car would affect the engineering calculations,
Try again, an average passenger car in the 50s and 60s which those bridges you pictured were designed for, was 4190 lbs. The average EV is 4300 lbs--well within weight tolerances of the bridges. Additionally, those bridges were designed to handle much heavier vehicles than passenger cars.

a fully loaded semi weighs far more than a tesla,,

Ok, you still ignored the point in an effort to be a contrarian. If someone said a fully loaded semi then you'd probably say "well 2 fully loaded semis are heavier" and just keep scaling it up till you were talking about an oil freighter.

The point is it's extra added weight not originally intended in the design. When bridges are built they are built with specs in mind of average traffic with average cars, trucks and semis.

Now if you bring in heavier cars a bridge once intended to hold an average of X amount of semis and X amount of everyday vehicles is compounded. If 100 cars and can fit on a bridge and they are all electric you are adding in an addition 100 tons of weight unaccounted for during construction which can cause stress damages or collapses over extended periods of time and premature wearing.

Maximum curb weight of a f150 is 5600lbs.

Starting curb weight of a electric f150 is 6500lbs

Your response is both pointless and dumb.

I stumbled across the article the other day:

At about 25 seconds:

Now, granted they have a ways to go to make this concept operable, the number of stations needed alone would seem almost over whelming. And they would need manufacturers to adopt the idea much the same way electronics companies adopted VHS over Betamax (a much better quality recording) or DVD and Blue-Ray over those 33 1/3 size video discs... but it's the first idea that made me think I would consider buying an EV...

Forum List

Back