The glaring evidence that Obamacare is a catastrophic FAILURE continues to mount

Now that the conservative/MSM propganda blitz has failed so badly, what's the backup plan? I mean, other than "Conservatives scream and pout even louder".

Come on, conservatives. Lift your faces out of those cow patties, wipe the shit off, and figure out some new lies. Have at least some pride. Don't just lie there sobbing "Waah! Democrats are panicking! Waah!". It's not very convincing, and saying it makes you look like 'tards.

Ever since Bush crawled back to Crawford, Republicans have had one agenda item. Drag the country and the Democrat Party to below the reputation that Republicans had earned.

They failed at that too.

There is some small amount of hope that they've seen where their one agenda item will lead. Extinction.

America needs to fan the flames of that slight hope.

I, personally think that the way to do that is at the polls in 2014 & 2016. A very strong message that not changing back to a responsible political party will lead to extinction and that evidence of a sincere effort to return to relevance will be considered.

Accountability.

Back to your retarded trolling ways again I see. Bush!! Fox!! Troll.

As the Dumbocrats on USMB love to crow about - Obamacare was passed into law by Congress, signed into law by the president, and upheld by the Supreme Court. So why exactly does the federal government have to piss away billions to promote an existing law?!? Has this ever been done with any other law in U.S. history?

They begged the NBA to help promote it and the NBA said yes. They begged the NFL to help promote it, and the NFL told them to go fuck themselves (doh!). So why are they so desperate to reach people through Hollywood and sports? Because even the Dumbocrats know this is a miserable failure, and they know it is going to be repealed eventually unless they can do major damage control and brainwash the masses (especially the young and impressionable - hence the NBA, NFL, etc.) that this is a "good" thing.

Super Bowl champ Baltimore Ravens getting paid $130,000 to promote Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

Yes, governments, both local and federal, promote programs. That they do isn't some indictment of the program. The idea that it is is pure folly.

Now that the conservative/MSM propganda blitz has failed so badly, what's the backup plan? I mean, other than "Conservatives scream and pout even louder".

Come on, conservatives. Lift your faces out of those cow patties, wipe the shit off, and figure out some new lies. Have at least some pride. Don't just lie there sobbing "Waah! Democrats are panicking! Waah!". It's not very convincing, and saying it makes you look like 'tards.

Ever since Bush crawled back to Crawford, Republicans have had one agenda item. Drag the country and the Democrat Party to below the reputation that Republicans had earned.

They failed at that too.

There is some small amount of hope that they've seen where their one agenda item will lead. Extinction.

America needs to fan the flames of that slight hope.

I, personally think that the way to do that is at the polls in 2014 & 2016. A very strong message that not changing back to a responsible political party will lead to extinction and that evidence of a sincere effort to return to relevance will be considered.

Accountability.

Back to your retarded trolling ways again I see. Bush!! Fox!! Troll.

Accountability is tough. I will continue to hold those who I believe are causing our national dysfunction accountable.

I will treat you, personally with as much or little respect as you show me. But that has nothing to do with my opinions about problems or solutions.

If anyone here can show me facts that I don't know about anything I will be grateful.

I will explain why I believe as I do.

But I will not merely bow to other opinions offered without evidence.

Last edited:

They failed at that too.

Fortunately, Obama has picked up the slack.

You poor kid, the ACA is going to destroy your side next November, the thins is crumbling.

You poor kid, the ACA is going to destroy your side next November, the thins is crumbling.

What you mean is that the GOP is going to try to use ACA to try to regain some relevance that they've given away. Just like all of their other faux crises.

By then ACA will be working fine and the egg will be on the face that it belongs on. Private Insurance companies.

What you mean is that the GOP is going to try to use ACA to try to regain some relevance that they've given away. Just like all of their other faux crises.

By then ACA will be working fine and the egg will be on the face that it belongs on. Private Insurance companies.

Do tell?
Please exlain.

Do tell?
Please exlain.

The ACA website apparently has some startup problems. I'm on Medicare and have extensively used Medicare.gov to research alternative plans. One of the best research sites that I've seen.

Anybody who would expect there not to be confusion when millions of people who have never had health insurance wrestle with the complexities of making the right choice is nuts.

Anybody with a little bit of common sense would let the website problems get worked out, pick up the phone and get 'er done.

Meanwhile the people who get their health insurance from their employer are wondering what the fuss is about.

Republicans tried for months to try to spin something from Bengazi and found that no matter how they spun it, the public saw their propaganda as politics rather than the bogeyman.

ACA is the same.

Do tell?
Please exlain.

The ACA website apparently has some startup problems. I'm on Medicare and have extensively used Medicare.gov to research alternative plans. One of the best research sites that I've seen.

Anybody who would expect there not to be confusion when millions of people who have never had health insurance wrestle with the complexities of making the right choice is nuts.

Anybody with a little bit of common sense would let the website problems get worked out, pick up the phone and get 'er done.

Meanwhile the people who get their health insurance from their employer are wondering what the fuss is about.

Republicans tried for months to try to spin something from Bengazi and found that no matter how they spun it, the public saw their propaganda as politics rather than the bogeyman.

ACA is the same.

The ACA website apparently has some startup problems

It has been inoperable.

I'm on Medicare and have extensively used Medicare.gov to research alternative plans. One of the best research sites that I've seen.

Agreed.

The confusion is across the board, not just those who have "never" had insurance.
Insurance is complex to everyone who doesn't do it everyday...it isn't that hard to explain.

Sorry no. But the real shit from this is next October, sorry.

Deflection, dismissed.

ACA is the same

Nope, sorry.
The website is secondary to Obama's lie.....MILLIONS are losing their plans and MILLIONS more are coming.

Cracka lied and it will bite him and the DEMS in the ass next November.

Do tell?
Please exlain.

ACA is the same.

It has been inoperable.

I'm on Medicare and have extensively used Medicare.gov to research alternative plans. One of the best research sites that I've seen.

Agreed.

The confusion is across the board, not just those who have "never" had insurance.
Insurance is complex to everyone who doesn't do it everyday...it isn't that hard to explain.

Deflection, dismissed.

ACA is the same

Nope, sorry.
The website is secondary to Obama's lie.....MILLIONS are losing their plans and MILLIONS more are coming.

What evidence is there that it is inoperable? The only people that need to use it are those who qualify for subsidies.

What confusion exists among those who get their insurance from their employer?

Whatever number that you make up about it, nobody is losing their insurance. Insurance companies are updating their policies. Happens every single year.

You're using Republican campaign propaganda and nobody with any real sense is falling for it just like all of the other products from the Republican spin of the month club.

The GOP dug themselves a giant hole from day 1 insisting that us paying 2X for health care compared to every other developed country in the world is not a problem and it ought to be treated with a heaping helping of Republican do nothing. They are learning now that when you find yourself in a hole, first, stop digging.

Last edited:

ACA is the same.

It has been inoperable.

Agreed.

Deflection, dismissed.

ACA is the same

Nope, sorry.

What evidence is there that it is inoperable?

Whatever number that you make up about it, nobody is losing their insurance. Insurance companies are updating their policies. Happens every single year.

You're using Republican campaign propaganda and nobody with any real sense is falling for it just like all of the other products from the Republican spin of the month club.

The GOP dug themselves a giant hole from day 1 insisting that us paying 2X for health care compared to every other developed country in the world is not a problem and it ought to be treated with a heaping helping of Republican do nothing. They are learning now that when you find yourself in a sole, first, stop digging.

Ohhhh, read the news.

You are ill informed....it is the individual mkt that has been decimated so far...but this week the calls concerning Group coverage has picked up...next Oct will suck for the Left.

Sorry no....MOST insurance companies chose to become ACA compliant on Jan 1...as the law stipulates....thats where the cancellations are coming from...they chose to become compliant therefore existing plans had to go away.
Sorry.

You are guilty of lying....I know you really don't know and so do you....integrity demands you admit what you don't know.

Healthcare is what I do everyday.

I am a Conservative Repub...and until Oct 2nd I have been DEAD SET against the ACA.

October 2nd a lady called me...HIV Positive and Pregnant and until THAT day she had no hope.

No hope at all....and now Jan1 she can breathe....my life changed that day.
The law will not work as written....but it needs to be, and can be fixed....Obama's ego is standing in the way.

The ACA NEEDS to be suspended and reworked.

Here's a link to a website that very few of the whiney Republicans have ever been to.

https://www.healthcare.gov/

One of the many, many tools there are to shop for and obtain health insurance now. Of course all of the traditional resources are still out there too.

It has been inoperable.

Agreed.

Deflection, dismissed.

ACA is the same

Nope, sorry.

The GOP dug themselves a giant hole from day 1 insisting that us paying 2X for health care compared to every other developed country in the world is not a problem and it ought to be treated with a heaping helping of Republican do nothing. They are learning now that when you find yourself in a sole, first, stop digging.

Ohhhh, read the news.

You are ill informed....it is the individual mkt that has been decimated so far...but this week the calls concerning Group coverage has picked up...next Oct will suck for the Left.

Sorry no....MOST insurance companies chose to become ACA compliant on Jan 1...as the law stipulates....thats where the cancellations are coming from...they chose to become compliant therefore existing plans had to go away.
Sorry.

You are guilty of lying....I know you really don't know and so do you....integrity demands you admit what you don't know.

I am a Conservative Repub...and until Oct 2nd I have been DEAD SET against the ACA.

October 2nd a lady called me...HIV Positive and Pregnant and until THAT day she had no hope.

The law will not work as written....but it needs to be, and can be fixed....Obama's ego is standing in the way.

"Sorry no....MOST insurance companies chose to become ACA compliant on Jan 1...as the law stipulates....thats where the cancellations are coming from...they chose to become compliant therefore existing plans had to go away.
Sorry."

Don't be sorry. So you are saying that the private insurance companies are offering no way for people to comply with the law??????

Can you give us a list of companies that are merely canceling existing policies and offering no replacement?

Here's a link to a website that very few of the whiney Republicans have ever been to.

One of the many, many tools there are to shop for and obtain health insurance now. Of course all of the traditional resources are still out there too.

I am there every day, it rarely works...today it worked 1/6 of the time.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Here, from the site that you say is not working. It turns out that it doesn't need to be

You can apply for health coverage in the Marketplace 4 ways: with a paper application, online, by phone, or in person with an assister.

Get status updates about HealthCare.gov site performance and the actions we’re taking to improve your experience.

Apply with a paper application
You can fill out a paper application and mail it in. You’ll find out whether you’re eligible for lower costs on private insurance, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

Once you get your eligibility notice, you can either go online to compare, choose, and enroll in a plan or contact our call center. A customer service representative will help you.

If you or someone on your application are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, a representative will contact you to enroll.

To get a paper application, download the application form and instructions.

Apply online in 4 steps
When you apply online, you’ll follow a 4-step process:

Set up an account. Start by going to the Marketplace page. First you'll provide some basic information. Then choose a user name, password, and security questions for added protection.
Fill out the online application. You'll provide information about you and your family, like income, household members, current health coverage information, and more. This will help the Marketplace find options that meet your needs. Important: If your household files more than one tax return, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) before you start an application. This is a very important step. Please don’t skip it. Representatives can provide directions to make sure your application is processed correctly.
Compare your options. You'll be able to see all the options you qualify for, including private insurance plans and free and low-cost coverage through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The Marketplace will tell you if you qualify for lower costs on your monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs on private insurance. You’ll see details on costs and benefits to help you choose a plan that’s right for you.
Enroll. After you choose a plan, you can enroll online and decide how you pay your premiums to your insurance company. You must pay your premium by the date the insurer provides before your coverage can begin. Coverage can begin as soon as January 1, 2014. If you or a member of your family qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, a representative will contact you to enroll.
Learn what you can do to get ready to enroll. If you run a small business, here’s what you can do to get ready to offer coverage for your employees in the SHOP Marketplace.

If you have any questions, there’s plenty of live and online help along the way.

Apply by phone or with an in-person assister
To apply by phone, call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). A customer service representative will work with you to complete the application and enrollment process.

You can also apply with the help of an assister who can sit with you and help you fill out a paper or online application. Read the next section for more details.

Find in-person help
In all states, there are people trained and certified to help you understand your health coverage options and enroll in a Marketplace plan. They’re known by different names, depending on who provides the service and where they’re located. All can provide the help you need with your application and choices:

Navigators
Application assisters
Certified application counselors
Government agencies, such as State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Offices
Insurance agents and brokers can also help you with your application and choices.

Visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area. You can search by city and state or zip code to see a list of local organizations with contact information, office hours, and types of help offered, such as non-English language support, Medicaid or CHIP, and Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).

Before you apply, preview plans and estimated savings
Before you fill out a Marketplace application, you can do 2 things to learn your options:

Use a cost and savings calculator to see if you may qualify for lower costs based on your household size and income.

Preview plans and prices available in your area. Note: Premium amounts in this tool are only examples, based on a limited set of sample ages and scenarios. They may not fully reflect your individual situation. Actual plan pricing can change based on your household size, ages, and tobacco use, and your costs may be lower based on your income. You'll get final quotes for specific plans based on your income and household after you complete a Marketplace application.

By using both the Kaiser calculator and the plans and prices tool together, you'll be able to see the plans and full prices available to you, and find out whether you'll qualify for lower costs.

Small business coverage: If you own a small business and want to apply for SHOP coverage for your employees, you’ll follow a different process. Begin that process now. Select your state from the drop down menu. Then click the green button to take the next step.

Ohhhh, read the news.

Sorry.

"Sorry no....MOST insurance companies chose to become ACA compliant on Jan 1...as the law stipulates....thats where the cancellations are coming from...they chose to become compliant therefore existing plans had to go away.
Sorry."

Don't be sorry. So you are saying that the private insurance companies are offering no way for people to comply with the law??????

Can you give us a list of companies that are merely canceling existing policies and offering no replacement?

Nope, I am telling you that the cancellations have come because they COMPLIED with the law.

ALL companies that have cancelled policies are now offering ACA compliant policies...the problem is that premiums have sky rocketed....

Here is my problem with it....

The people that NEED the help the most aren't getting.

I have had Doctors that make 80-90 grand get subsidies and folk making 11000 not get them.

The people needing helop the most are still falling through the cracks.

Sometimes it is hard to sleep at night knowing what I know.

Sorry.

Here, from the site that you say is not working. It turns out that it doesn't need to be

You can apply for health coverage in the Marketplace 4 ways: with a paper application, online, by phone, or in person with an assister.

Get status updates about HealthCare.gov site performance and the actions we’re taking to improve your experience.

You can fill out a paper application and mail it in. You’ll find out whether you’re eligible for lower costs on private insurance, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

Once you get your eligibility notice, you can either go online to compare, choose, and enroll in a plan or contact our call center. A customer service representative will help you.

If you or someone on your application are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, a representative will contact you to enroll.

Apply online in 4 steps

Set up an account. Start by going to the Marketplace page. First you'll provide some basic information. Then choose a user name, password, and security questions for added protection.
Fill out the online application. You'll provide information about you and your family, like income, household members, current health coverage information, and more. This will help the Marketplace find options that meet your needs. Important: If your household files more than one tax return, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) before you start an application. This is a very important step. Please don’t skip it. Representatives can provide directions to make sure your application is processed correctly.
Compare your options. You'll be able to see all the options you qualify for, including private insurance plans and free and low-cost coverage through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The Marketplace will tell you if you qualify for lower costs on your monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs on private insurance. You’ll see details on costs and benefits to help you choose a plan that’s right for you.
Enroll. After you choose a plan, you can enroll online and decide how you pay your premiums to your insurance company. You must pay your premium by the date the insurer provides before your coverage can begin. Coverage can begin as soon as January 1, 2014. If you or a member of your family qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, a representative will contact you to enroll.
Learn what you can do to get ready to enroll. If you run a small business, here’s what you can do to get ready to offer coverage for your employees in the SHOP Marketplace.

If you have any questions, there’s plenty of live and online help along the way.

Apply by phone or with an in-person assister
To apply by phone, call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). A customer service representative will work with you to complete the application and enrollment process.

You can also apply with the help of an assister who can sit with you and help you fill out a paper or online application. Read the next section for more details.

Find in-person help
In all states, there are people trained and certified to help you understand your health coverage options and enroll in a Marketplace plan. They’re known by different names, depending on who provides the service and where they’re located. All can provide the help you need with your application and choices:

Navigators
Application assisters
Certified application counselors
Government agencies, such as State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Offices
Insurance agents and brokers can also help you with your application and choices.

Visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area. You can search by city and state or zip code to see a list of local organizations with contact information, office hours, and types of help offered, such as non-English language support, Medicaid or CHIP, and Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).

Before you apply, preview plans and estimated savings
Before you fill out a Marketplace application, you can do 2 things to learn your options:

Use a cost and savings calculator to see if you may qualify for lower costs based on your household size and income.

Preview plans and prices available in your area. Note: Premium amounts in this tool are only examples, based on a limited set of sample ages and scenarios. They may not fully reflect your individual situation. Actual plan pricing can change based on your household size, ages, and tobacco use, and your costs may be lower based on your income. You'll get final quotes for specific plans based on your income and household after you complete a Marketplace application.

By using both the Kaiser calculator and the plans and prices tool together, you'll be able to see the plans and full prices available to you, and find out whether you'll qualify for lower costs.

Small business coverage: If you own a small business and want to apply for SHOP coverage for your employees, you’ll follow a different process. Begin that process now. Select your state from the drop down menu. Then click the green button to take the next step.

Nope. The paper application is the main way I have used....it is taking them 4-5 weeks to call the insured just to verify the app....online is working 1/6th of the time. on the phone they are at the same mercy of the website...sorry I used them all today.

They are 4-5 weeks behind on this.
CHIP and PCIP are gone.

I am filling thse out for folks every day.

Apply online in 4 steps

Stop all of this depends on the site working.

You post from the site :)
The truth is that it simply isn't working.

I do this every day, what you post isn't the way it is working.

I tried the website 6 times today, only one got trhough.

I had to use the paper app for the rest.

Today is Nov 20th.....if they are taking 4-5 weeks to make the follow up phone do the math....

Go day is Jan 1.

Ohhhh, read the news.

Sorry.

Sorry."

Nope, I am telling you that the cancellations have come because they COMPLIED with the law.

ALL companies that have cancelled policies are now offering ACA compliant policies...the problem is that premiums have sky rocketed....

I have had Doctors that make 80-90 grand get subsidies and folk making 11000 not get them.

I absolutely agree that the subsidy process ought to be fair.

Here's something to think about. Health care costs are going up. For everyone. There is really only one force holding them down. Medicare. Unfortunately, Drs are pretty good in making up the income they can't make from Medicare from younger patients.

You suppose some of that is going on?

Last edited:
Sorry."

I absolutely agree that the subsidy process ought to be fair.

Here's something to think about. Health care costs are going up. For everyone. There is really only one force holding them down. Medicare. Unfortunately, Drs are pretty good in making up the income they can't make from Medicare from younger patients.

You suppose some of that is going on?

I do.

PMZ, I live this.
Everyday there are happy people and everyday there are sad, upset, hurt people.
I live their emotions good and bad.....

The Law can be good...but EVERYBODY needs to take their ego's out it.

Forum List

Back