The GOP FAILED. There is no excuse for where we find ourselves.

Well not any more... that bill is DEAD! DONE! FINISHED!

All that's left now is to completely REPEAL this stupid thing and start over.

We've got to deal with the Medicaid issue because the system is insolvent. We can't afford to just sign everyone up for Medicare/Medicaid.

It was dead before it started.

They won't have the votes for repeal either.

They know repealing brings us back to where we were before: skyrocketing costs, lots of uninsured, bankruptcies due to healthcare costs...

Skyrocketing cost are still going on, Medical is still the leading cause of bankruptcies.

And repealing will fix nothing.

And keeping it will fix nothing. It is a required purchase to remain a legal citizen of the United States.

The pay of doctors and other healthcare workers isn't increasing at the same rate as healthcare costs. That's not it.

Please don't blame the messenger....

America’s Overpaid Doctors
Time’s long investigation of American health care prices missed one thing: We pay our doctors way too much.

America’s Doctors Are Paid Way Too Much

But is their pay increasing with the rate of healthcare? Also please note:

Physician Pay: A Big Driver of Health Care Costs?

There are a couple of significant differences in how physicians train and pay for training in the U.S. compared with other developed countries. In many countries, medical education is free. In the U.S., medical students graduate with an average of $161,290 in medical school loans that need to be paid back. One of my "doctor couple" clients graduated with a total of $500,000 of student loan debt between the two of them for both undergraduate and medical school.

Doctors in the U.S. also train longer - four years of college, four years of medical school, three to seven years residency where they are paid decent wages (though not the "big bucks") and up to three years in fellowships where again they are paid decent wages. They go a long time with "deferred gratification" - they may not start earning top tier wages until well in their 30's. In some other countries, undergraduate and medical school are combined into six years. There is not as much specialty orientation so a higher percentage of doctors enter their peak earning years much sooner than in the U.S. This builds strong primary care systems, and populations with strong primary care systems are much healthier than the U.S.

It was dead before it started.

They know repealing brings us back to where we were before: skyrocketing costs, lots of uninsured, bankruptcies due to healthcare costs...

Skyrocketing cost are still going on, Medical is still the leading cause of bankruptcies.

And keeping it will fix nothing. It is a required purchase to remain a legal citizen of the United States.

And everyone should have health insurance in this country.

And I should not be forced to buy anything to remain a citizen in good standing in my own country, that is absurd. What a bunch of control freaks, freedom is no longer free is it.

And I should not be forced to buy anything to remain a citizen in good standing in my own country, that is absurd. What a bunch of control freaks, freedom is no longer free is it.

So you think you lose your citizenship if you don't buy insurance? What are those crazy right wing talking heads filling you with?

So you think you lose your citizenship if you don't buy insurance? What are those crazy right wing talking heads filling you with?

I didn't say that dumb ass, are you really that stupid? Never mind, I already know you are. No, you are not legal and have to pay a tax to the IRS as the penalty.

I didn't say that dumb ass, are you really that stupid? Never mind, I already know you are. No, you are not legal and have to pay a tax to the IRS as the penalty.

So exactly what did you mean when you said "citizen in good standing"?

Really? You can't figure that out? If you break the law are you in good standing as a citizen? I mean seriously, that has to be spelled out? GG!

Really? You can't figure that out? If you break the law are you in good standing as a citizen? I mean seriously, that has to be spelled out? GG!

Don't stretch so far, you'll hurt your back. Here let me hand you that straw.

You are an ignorant dumb fuck.

Thanks for your input. I will certainly give your opinion all the consideration that it deserves.

These asshats ON BOTH SIDES are playing with fire. We are on the road to a total collapse of our healthcare system & not just the insurance side that the left already wrecked.

I full heartedly supported the GOP and their plan to repeal & or replace. They had SEVEN FUCKING YEARS to prepare for this. In the meantime my premiums skyrocketed right along with my out of pocket expenses.

And for what???

I am nearing 50 years of age and medical needs are likely to begin setting in at some point. Meanwhile these jackasses play partisan reelection politics. At this point who got us here is almost irrelevant to the actual needs I'm likely to start facing so the blame game does nothing to help me.

/rant
Bravo.

You were lied to. These people never had a plan, they just wanted power.

Then they get the power and don't know what to do with it.
Seems to me both parties do that.

Thanks for your input. I will certainly give your opinion all the consideration that it deserves.

And I'll give yours the same.

These asshats ON BOTH SIDES are playing with fire. We are on the road to a total collapse of our healthcare system & not just the insurance side that the left already wrecked.

I full heartedly supported the GOP and their plan to repeal & or replace. They had SEVEN FUCKING YEARS to prepare for this. In the meantime my premiums skyrocketed right along with my out of pocket expenses.

And for what???

I am nearing 50 years of age and medical needs are likely to begin setting in at some point. Meanwhile these jackasses play partisan reelection politics. At this point who got us here is almost irrelevant to the actual needs I'm likely to start facing so the blame game does nothing to help me.

/rant
Bravo.

You were lied to. These people never had a plan, they just wanted power.

Then they get the power and don't know what to do with it.
Seems to me both parties do that.
Both parties lie, sure. Partisans lie, you bet. Hence my sig.

Here's a difference I'm seeing in this particular context, though: Democrats are pro-virtually everything government, so they are much more attracted to the process of legislating and governance. Show them a problem, they'll assume government is the answer, and off they go, saving the world, sometimes coming with horrific pigs like the ACA.

The GOP, on the other hand, is generally pro-private sector - and now it's been infected by the talk radio libertarians who take Reagan's "government is the problem" thing as literal gospel. Any government involvement in anything is a Sign of Satan. You simply can't legislate when you appear to think you shouldn't exist in the first freaking place.

They have all this power, and some of them think government should have zero power. Gotta love THAT irony.

The GOP, on the other hand, is generally pro-private sector - and now it's been infected by the talk radio libertarians who take Reagan's "government is the problem" thing as literal gospel. Any government involvement in anything is a Sign of Satan. You simply can't legislate when you appear to think you shouldn't exist in the first freaking place.

They have all this power, and some of them think government should have zero power. Gotta love THAT irony.

The irony among right wingers who decry government..... while virtually throwing their own mothers under a bus to get re-elected in that same government....is that they seem to lust for the POWER in that congressional seat......but shy or run away from the RESPONSIBILITY inherent in that seat.

The irony among right wingers who decry government..... while virtually throwing their own mothers under a bus to get re-elected in that same government....is that they seem to lust for the POWER in that congressional seat......but shy or run away from the RESPONSIBILITY inherent in that seat.
I can see and appreciate the more government/less government dynamic. The whole argument makes sense to me from both sides.

But when people lose all sense of equilibrium, when they approach everything from a binary, all-or-nothing perspective, they lose me.

And for what???

/rant

No one else is responsible for your needs. You sound like rdean.

Trump thought governing was going to be easy: "I deal with people that are very extraordinarily talented people," he told Bloomberg News, just after wrapping up nomination. "I deal with Steve Wynn. I deal with Carl Icahn. I deal with killers that blow these [politicians] away. It's not even the same category. This" — he meant politics— "is a category that's like nineteen levels lower. You understand what I'm saying? Brilliant killers."

Forum List

Back