The GOP Health Care Plan

Doctors are expensive because there aren't enough of them to meet demand.
There aren't enough of them to meet demand because they aren't building enough colleges to provide that supply. The colleges are all full. Normally when something is full, you build it bigger to accommodate more customers. These Medical Colleges don't do that because the Federal Government only pays for so many seats. They don't get more government money for building more seats. It's not supposed to work that way. Demand goes up you raise prices or you expand supply to meet demand. Then prices go back down once demand is met. Colleges are not meeting demand.
I agree to some extent the supply vs demand for doctors is certainly a part of the problem but there are a lot of other factors.

I have a grandson that is graduating from High School this year that hopes to study medicine. The hurdles in doing so are huge. To get in med school, he's going have to be in the top 10% of his class due to the problem you mentioned of not enough capacity in med schools.

He's going to an in state university to keep cost down. We are estimating the cost will be $90,000 to $100,000 for undergraduate schooling and living expenses. After graduation and if he get's into med school at the university, the cost will be about $180,000 for 4 years. Plus additional funds are needed while in residency and other misc. expenses. Then there's time, 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of med School, and 2 years of residency. So we're talking about working your ass off to make the grade for 10 years and forking out or borrowing at least $300,000. So when he starts working he will be 30 years old and have a $300,000 college loan.

First, he needs to find a less expensive school! If he has good grades, he should have plenty of scholarships. My daughter just finished a 4 year degree for less than $50,000, and I didn't pay a dime. Thank you Uncle Sam!

Must be nice to be a republican and suck off the government teat.

She earned it, just like I did. She risks her life for you.

Well you didn't say she had the GI bill now,did ya? What makes you think I didn't risk my life for the likes of you?

It was not the GI Bill. Thank you for playing? Want to try another guess?

I agree to some extent the supply vs demand for doctors is certainly a part of the problem but there are a lot of other factors.

I have a grandson that is graduating from High School this year that hopes to study medicine. The hurdles in doing so are huge. To get in med school, he's going have to be in the top 10% of his class due to the problem you mentioned of not enough capacity in med schools.

He's going to an in state university to keep cost down. We are estimating the cost will be $90,000 to $100,000 for undergraduate schooling and living expenses. After graduation and if he get's into med school at the university, the cost will be about $180,000 for 4 years. Plus additional funds are needed while in residency and other misc. expenses. Then there's time, 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of med School, and 2 years of residency. So we're talking about working your ass off to make the grade for 10 years and forking out or borrowing at least $300,000. So when he starts working he will be 30 years old and have a $300,000 college loan.

First, he needs to find a less expensive school! If he has good grades, he should have plenty of scholarships. My daughter just finished a 4 year degree for less than $50,000, and I didn't pay a dime. Thank you Uncle Sam!

Well you didn't say she had the GI bill now,did ya? What makes you think I didn't risk my life for the likes of you?
Nobody thinks you would. That should make you feel pretty worthless.

You're not worthy punk to even talk to a disabled vet. We're done here punk.

Hold on here skippy. I'm at work and will have to look later but wasn't the congress staff must use obiecare passed after it passed and the repubs took over congress?
Nope.

Senator Chuck Grassley sponsored the amendment to the Senate version. The final adopted amendment was written by Senator Tom Coburn. Both Republicans.

Here's the law as passed: http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

Go to page 100:
MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN THE EXCHANGE.— (i) REQUIREMENT.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, after the effective date of this subtitle, the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are— (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act)
Obiecare was passed on Christmas Eve of 2009. Signed in to law in March of 2010. This proof you provided is a proposed amendment that started in May of 2010. It doesn't say if or when it actually came to a vote or if it passed in that form.

Trying to pull a fast one here G?

There were several amendments in the original bill that weren't implemented until a later date and a few a year or two.
Thank you for blowing up the entire republicans added to obiecare horseshit.

Let me ask you this one last stumper. How the hell is a law passed with amendments to come later? How does that work exactly? And if you think it does work that way why didn't a single republican vote for the law?

So you are on here spewing your shit and you don't know anything about the bill? Well maybe some of the crap you've read on the internet. I'm not here to educate you on the ACA, but don't spew your talking points on a subject you no absolutely nothing about.
I could have saved you a lot of typing and anger. Let me try what your response should have been.

Yeah I fucked up, sorry.

Nobody thinks you would. That should make you feel pretty worthless.

You're not worthy punk to even talk to a disabled vet. We're done here punk.
I'm not talking about a DAV, I'm talking about you. The closest you've ever come to battle is the buffet is running out of mac and cheese and you need to chug your fat ass up there pronto.

I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here, and I'm gonna guess that, after this fabulous plan is introduced, we're STILL going to have SEVEN (7) different delivery/payment systems in place, NONE of which coordinate or communicate directly with each other:

1. Group
2. Individual
3. Medicare
4. Medicaid
5. VA
6. Worker's Comp
7. Indigent

Because having a bunch of different systems within ONE system is ALWAYS gonna be efficient and cost effective!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:spinner:
Actually there may be a new group of plans to handle those with pre-existing conditions because the Republicans are turning this over to the states. States get block grants to help pay for the additional cost in covering prexisting conditions. So it will be back to the old days of high risk pools and insurance screening. It's unclear whether states can opt out.

Many states used to have these high risk pools which I believe you're referring, but they went belly up. You can't put every sick person in these pools and expect it to last very long.
High risk polls have been a failure in every state that has tried to run them. The biggest but not the only problem is money. One study estimates the need is 178 billion a year, 18 times what the Senate bill will provide. The current Senate Bill provides 10 billion dollars a year in block grants to the states to manage high risk pools. This is woefully inadequate. States that used high risk pools set the premiums about 300% over the average cost of plans offered in their state. The result was very few people with pre-existing conditions could afford the plans.

Also another problem is determining who has pre-existing conditions and thus who will go into a high risk pool. The only way of doing this is requiring everyone to complete a lengthy healthcare questions and an examination by a healthcare professional as was done before Obamacare. The total time to get coverage was about 60 days which is an eternity if your healthcare bills are running thousands of dollar a day. However, do to the cost of the plans, only about half the people in the plans actually got insurance because of the cost.

It seems republicans have decided to dump the problem of insuring those with pre-existing conditions on the states in order to bring rates down in healthcare exchanges. However, much of those savings will be offset by removing the individual mandate which will drive rates up.

Think you better do a little research on your statement of shutting the gop out, in fact there are a few amendments in obamacare the gop added before the dems passes. Oh and there were at least 44 hearings with the gop.

Name one GOP idea included int he final bill. Just one. :D
There were 58 hearings in the Senate over the course of a year for the ACA. This fact was obliterated from the minds of you goldfish immediately after passage when the "behind closed doors" meme was invented.

You rubes bleev what you are told to bleev by your masters. You weren't actually paying the slightest attention. You just got in line to be lied to by your propagandists.

The claim that the GOP had no chance to read the bill or make amendments and that it was all done behind closed doors is one giant mountain of manufactured bullshit.

You want just ONE Republican idea in the ACA? Shit, retard, there were 161 GOP amendments passed.

One of them was the requirement that members of Congress and their staff to enroll in the government-run health insurance program.

So there you go, willfully blind monkey.
Hold on here skippy. I'm at work and will have to look later but wasn't the congress staff must use obiecare passed after it passed and the repubs took over congress?
Nope.

Senator Chuck Grassley sponsored the amendment to the Senate version. The final adopted amendment was written by Senator Tom Coburn. Both Republicans.

Here's the law as passed: http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

Go to page 100:
MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN THE EXCHANGE.— (i) REQUIREMENT.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, after the effective date of this subtitle, the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are— (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act)
Obiecare was passed on Christmas Eve of 2009. Signed in to law in March of 2010. This proof you provided is a proposed amendment that started in May of 2010. It doesn't say if or when it actually came to a vote or if it passed in that form.

Trying to pull a fast one here G?
Nope. It was in the original bill signed in March 2010. It didn't take effect until later.

What's in the Senate's secret Obamacare repeal bill

It may be ok. It's good to see no more nonsense about "the fed govt has no role in helping people get hc." And reforming mediciad from a "all you can get" program is not a bad idea.

Although they better keep their hands off my medicare. LOL
Healthy people better not be paying for unhealthy peoples care... it's just not right
I see. And then how are unhealthy people ever going to regain their health? You know, you are such a selfish asshole, karma would be for you to get a slow disabling cancer.

The cost of health care. We, as Americans, pay more per citizen than any other nation in the world. And have one of the worst results for that, ranking about 35th in health. But all the other first world nations have single payer universal health care. Perhaps we should pay a little attention to how they do this.

I'll bet that, at some level, these guys know that getting rid of our insane, seven-headed hydra of a health care delivery/payment "system" and just opening up our already-functioning Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all is the way to go, and definitely better than real single payer.

But no, they can't do that, because their base would lose their shit and they would be primaried out of their cushy gubmit jobs.

So here comes Ridiculous Pig 2.0 to replace Ridiculous Pig 1.0.

Enjoy!

:spinner:

It doesn't take rocket science to figure this out, go back to the old underwriting system and open up Medicare to anyone that wants it. So you have much lower premiums in the private insurance plans. Paya reasonable amount for Medicare. Raise the payroll tax per individual by 1%.
The obvious answer is just sitting there, it would give a nod to both "sides", and it's as if everyone is afraid to go near it.

Amazing to watch.

It may be ok. It's good to see no more nonsense about "the fed govt has no role in helping people get hc." And reforming mediciad from a "all you can get" program is not a bad idea.

All I see is cutting medicaid aka harming the poor who NEED medicaid. I mean really they want to replace it with giving the states a set amount per person to use for poor folks.....why don't they just say hey poor fucker! DON'T GET SICK! Such bullshit.

Republicans have sold out the working poor in their goal to slash $800 billion in taxes on the wealthy

Sure, give money to the states and freeze the amount so that it will be essentially worthless in ten years

But since the Dims are 100% responsible for shitty Obamacare should they not put forth a plan to fix it? So where is the Dim plan?

Why should the GOP be responsible for cleaning up a Dim mess?

What in Trumpcare is an improvement on Obamacare?

But since the Dims are 100% responsible for shitty Obamacare should they not put forth a plan to fix it? So where is the Dim plan?

Hopefully cutting Medicaid to Minorities and non natural born citizens. Hopefully ending the penalties. Hopefully where you can buy insurance across state lines.

Hopefully cutting Medicaid to Minorities and non natural born citizens. Hopefully ending the penalties. Hopefully where you can buy insurance across state lines.
its the ignorant southern crackas that most benefit from programs like medicaid and food stamp

During the Obamacare debate, Mitch McConnell complained that the process was moving too fast, that the bill was crafted behind closed doors, there was not enough time to debate and that Senators did not have enough time to read the lengthy bill

Obamacare was crafted over 18 months, went through numerous revisions and weeks of open debate. It also had months of public comment

McConnells bill has not even been read yet, it was crafted behind closed doors, will only have 20 hours of debate and NO public comment

The filthy ass government should never be in the business of interfering in the private health care market or taking money from the people that earned it and giving it to the people that didn't earn it like what they do when they give out subsidies. despicable!

Piss on the government. Piss on Obamacare.

During the Obamacare debate, Mitch McConnell complained that the process was moving too fast, that the bill was crafted behind closed doors, there was not enough time to debate and that Senators did not have enough time to read the lengthy bill

Obamacare was crafted over 18 months, went through numerous revisions and weeks of open debate. It also had months of public comment

McConnells bill has not even been read yet, it was crafted behind closed doors, will only have 20 hours of debate and NO public comment

BULLSHIT!! as usual, it was passed in the witching hour dead of night and even bitchosi told the world they had no idea what was in it. It You lying liberals are always good for a laugh that is the only reason to come to this sight for comic relief and liberal stupidity. Like reading kindergartners whines, HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAh oh Shit HAHAAAAHA.

The right wing had eight years to come up with a better solution at lower cost.

Yes they did come up with all the above, BUT their REAL staunch conservatives won't let it pass because they believe in total removal of the government from all healthcare. You stupid liberals think that is a good thing, why not just let oshitasscare go on and die. When there are no insurance companies left that will sell insurance under oshitcare, NO one will have healthcare insurance and it will all be on the obstructionist who would not let any repeal and replacement.

Forum List

Back