The GOP Revolt against Trump

Republicans' Trump revolt: Too little too late? - CNNPolitics.com

Unfortunately, it is too little, too late. The only chance the GOP has of stopping Donald now is to deny him the nomination at the convention. Then things get fug ugly.

They are utterly fucked either way. As lets say that they deny him the nomination?

He runs as an independant. And breaks the party. There's no angle where the GOP doesn't take it right in the ass.

There is one way... Play the long game...

Concede and vote for Hillary... Tell the Tea PArty and RW fuckwits that there support is not guaranteed and if they pick ass hats they are off...

It is a high price but it is a deep hole... It would put the GOP establishment back in charge of its party again and make them electable...

It would have to be a long, long game. With the GOP just as likely to morph back into the Whigs and suffer their fate as the other way around. As it would effectively split their party.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to anything but this thread. Republicans on every TV channel and radio station are revolting against Trump. I even heard one say everybody voting for him would go to hell.

Psssst, Bullshit? Rachel Madcow isn't a Republican.... :thup:

Congratulations.Your remark that Rachel Maddow is not a republican is the first truthful statement I have ever read of yours. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with all the republicans crapping their pants over Trump.

Is it strange that the title says GOP, but the OP is a liberal, and the only people revolting against trump in this thread are liberals?

I guess you haven't been paying attention to anything but this thread. Republicans on every TV channel and radio station are revolting against Trump. I even heard one say everybody voting for him would go to hell.

Those are the old hacks on TV. Theyre about done.

Trump said he woundnt run as a 3rd party if treated fairly . Guess that's out the window now !

The GOP is imploding , leaving HILLARY to win.

I think that's secretly what they want .

I don't think the establishment is revolting. There appear to have been attempts to get Kasich out and/or to "marry" Rubio and Christie, but these failed. I think the establishment is more or less floundering around trying to figure out their role ... and it seems painfully obvious they have no role. It's appalling to have a nominee who won't disavow an endorsement from a former KKK grand wizzer (whatever) and quotes Mussolini (and here I thought he was only semi-literate!)

I don't think the donors are gonna give him much money. And, I don't see him spending half a billion of his own, nor to I think he actually has that kind of liquid/cash. It's going to be ugly, and most likely the nastiest election since before the progressive era. He's going to try and label Slick a child rapist and Hillary a traitor. In turn they'll dig up every bit of dirt on the Drumpf family, but their attacks on him will come from surrogates, and I don't the Drumpf's have any surrogates beyond a pit bull lawyer of questionable litigation ethics.

It'll be decided on turnout. The trumpeters are crowing about the numbers voting in gop primaries, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The tea party turns out in primaries, but has proven to be ineffectual in general contests and the most they've delivered is the gridlock that pssing off 70% of us. Will mainstreet republicans turn out to vote for this schmuck? Is there any chance what's left of the Reagan democrats will? I'd think Hillary will have Obama levels of blacks and latinos.

But if the gop battleground senators benefit from the money not give to Drumpf, will that drive gop turnout, and will we leave the top of the ballot empty? Or will Mitt be called upon to ride Rafalca to the call one more time?
He hasn't spent a dime of his own money yet....well, he's spent about $200,000 of his own money which is nothing compared to his supposed billions.

What he did is BORROW $12 million from Trump Enterprise for his campaign and LOANS have to be paid back by the campaign....so that loan is not really his money put in to his campaign.

Congratulations.Your remark that Rachel Maddow is not a republican is the first truthful statement I have ever read of yours. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with all the republicans crapping their pants over Trump.

Bullshit, you're not what one would call "bright."

When you tune in to MSDNC and read the Soros hate sites, you're not actually encountering "Republicans." :thup:

Is it strange that the title says GOP, but the OP is a liberal, and the only people revolting against trump in this thread are liberals?

Yes, the RNC/DNC donor class, Hillary, the Establishment and some liberals share a common goal. We've been saying that for years.

Yes, the RNC/DNC donor class, Hillary, the Establishment and some liberals share a common goal. We've been saying that for years.

The GOP establishment and the Democratic establishment share the common goal to benefit the permanent political class which of course is them whether in elected office or not. Everything they do is to increase their own power, prestige, influence, and wealth. They throw their respective constituencies just enough bones to keep them voting the establishment into power and/or keep them from revolting, but otherwise they don't really give a damn about anybody other than themselves. So despite all their grand promises and declarations to get themselves elected--promises that are usually quickly forgotten once they are in office--nothing much ever really changes.

Trump might be doing this for his own ego, but there is no reason to think he is doing it to benefit himself. He makes people believe he really does want to make a difference. He is the only alternative to the permanent political class who is seen with the skill sets to get something done. And therein is his appeal. Also why his more outrageous and politically or socially incorrect rhetoric doesn't seem to hurt him in the least. In fact he gets points because he is seen as honest about what he is thinking at the time.

Unfortunately, it is too little, too late. The only chance the GOP has of stopping Donald now is to deny him the nomination at the convention. Then things get fug ugly.

The GOP has two choices. They can get behind the people's choice which so far strongly appears to be Trump, or they can do what they tried to do in 1964 and replace him with their own preference. If they do the former, they lose a lot of power but they may very well save the country. If they try to "Goldwater" him, they will split the the vote and give Clinton a landslide victory just as they gave Johnson in 1964. And that I do believe will be the demise of the Republican Party for good and the United States will no longer be a nation of the people, by the people, for the people..

No, I doubt it will disappear, but it may suffer a near fatal blow. At least the GOP can blame the Donald, instead of making up another lame excuse for losing the WH again.
The gop has to figure out what it's for.

The GOP knows what it is for. It just isn't convincing enough voters that it is honest about it anymore after disappointing us again and again in many election cycles. And Trump scares them a whole big bunch because he is breaking all the rules and that means he is eroding the establishment's control.

If the GOP establishment had not repeatedly lied through their teeth and openly mocked and demonized the tea party Trump would be at 5% not leading.

It's not revolt against Trump. They would do it to anyone who doesn't dance to their music.

Their revolt is because they have no control.
who has no control?

Do you know who are we talking about?
yes, it appears you don't, since you didn't answer the question.

I quoted the OP you idiot.

Who OP is talking about? Hillary and DNC?

The GOP has two choices. They can get behind the people's choice which so far strongly appears to be Trump, or they can do what they tried to do in 1964 and replace him with their own preference. If they do the former, they lose a lot of power but they may very well save the country. If they try to "Goldwater" him, they will split the the vote and give Clinton a landslide victory just as they gave Johnson in 1964. And that I do believe will be the demise of the Republican Party for good and the United States will no longer be a nation of the people, by the people, for the people..

No, I doubt it will disappear, but it may suffer a near fatal blow. At least the GOP can blame the Donald, instead of making up another lame excuse for losing the WH again.
The gop has to figure out what it's for.

The GOP knows what it is for. It just isn't convincing enough voters that it is honest about it anymore after disappointing us again and again in many election cycles. And Trump scares them a whole big bunch because he is breaking all the rules and that means he is eroding the establishment's control.
You cannot know what Drumpf is for or against. He's flat out said he'll force a budget compromise.. That would "seem" to put him in the Ryan camp.

Morning Joe Dumps Trump Says KKK Scandal Disqualifies Him From The White House

The fallout from Donald Trump's refusal to disavow the support of David Duke and the KKK has been so severe that MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said that the Republican frontrunner has disqualified himself from the White House.…

Except that he is on the record as of yesterday as denouncing it. So there goes the latest plank in the 'let's smear Trump campaign'. The worst that they can say about him abut that is that he took a couple of days to say it, but then much of his charm is not taking marching orders from anybody.

It is really pretty pathetic that those who hate Trump don't promote anybody they think would be better or, even if they do, cannot be excited about how much the other person would be better.

Last edited:

Donald was very careful to pick his words carefully. He doesn't want to lose the racists within his supporters. That could leave him very short of support.

I am NOT a Trump supporter though I have watched this campaign with great interest. I think your statement is extremely unfair and unjust. I have listened to Trump extremely closely and have yet to find him making a racist statement--politically incorrect yes, all the time, but racist no. If he was racist most of his supporters would abandon him which is why the haters and terrified are doing their damndest to hang that label on him..

Forum List

Back