The GOP Should Have Locked Trump In His Room. The G-7 Was A Disaster

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
G7-summit-2018-971321.jpg

The cart with the pies is just off camera.

The backlash is already starting. GOP Iowa Senator Jodi Ernst said on MTP Daily on Thursday that GOP Senators are going to have to educate their constituents they may face "Short term setbacks in order to achieve long term gains." To which the farmers replied, "They damn well better be really short term, because our seeds are already in the ground for the next growing season. We set production levels expecting normal levels of demand."

Farmers were already grumbling about crops rotting in the fields last year due to a lack of migrant workers to pick them, thanks to Trump's vicious anti immigrant rhetoric.

That problem is expected to be even worse this year. But look at the bright side guys. What difference does it make next year how much stuff rots in the fields if nobody was going to buy it anyway?

The GOP should have locked Trump in his room. The G-7 was a disaster.

The GOP should have never nominated Trump to begin with – Republicans have only itself to blame.

Otherwise, this disaster is consistent with the fact that the failed Trump ‘administration’ is itself a disaster.

The backlash is already starting. GOP Iowa Senator Jodi Ernst said on MTP Daily on Thursday that GOP Senators are going to have to educate their constituents they may face "Short term setbacks in order to achieve long term gains." To which the farmers replied, "They damn well better be really short term, because our seeds are already in the ground for the next growing season. We set production levels expecting normal levels of demand."

Farmers were already grumbling about crops rotting in the fields last year due to a lack of migrant workers to pick them, thanks to Trump's vicious anti immigrant rhetoric.

That problem is expected to be even worse this year. But look at the bright side guys. What difference does it make next year how much stuff rots in the fields if nobody was going to buy it anyway?

Can someone explain why Canada can tariff us be we can’t tariff Canada?

And every other country is targeting those very people that voted for Trump. Pig farmers are going to get slammed hard to start with, but almost all farming in the corn/rust belt will get hammered. Make America Broke Again. 3.8% unemployment? All the Little Trump supporters will watch that disappear into the rearview mirror.

The GOP should have never nominated Trump to begin with – Republicans have only itself to blame.

Otherwise, this disaster is consistent with the fact that the failed Trump ‘administration’ is itself a disaster.

The numbers lost by farmers this year will be in the 100's of billions. China has vowed to buy nothing from us, and now that Europe, Canada, and Mexico will be buying very little, just like the article said, it isn't going to take years for Trump country to start feeling the effects.

Yeah, those migrants (illegals) headed for the border the minute he was elected.

That's why when I call Nevada as a part of my job, I find that no one speaks English in the entire household, including the kid whose name and number I got from a high school. The phone system is entirely in Spanish. When the words "United States" comes out of my mouth, the next thing I hear is the call being ended. I guess they think my next words are "Immigrations and Customs Enforcement".

Now, tell me that all of these people are US citizens.

BTW, the folks don't know that I know just enough Spanish to know when I am being played.

And Trump said in one of the interviews the US will stop trading with our closest allies if necessary. As in NO trade. But Russia should be given special treatment.

REPUBLICAN - don't forget.

The GOP should have never nominated Trump to begin with –

agreed

but then, Democrats didn't show much sense nominating Hillary.

and it's scary Bernie was the only one with the balls to take it all the way to the Convention.

shameful as farmers putting money over the good of their country , feck them eh . They need to tighten their belts , diversify and buy cheaper machinery Skews .

Maybe they should try paying a living wage. Oh right, I forgot that’s only for white people.

After Trump says he didn't collude with Russia, he goes to the mat to protect them and fight for them.

Why? Besides attacking our democracy, what has Russia done for us?

and besides that , it was 'illary' that wanted to do a reset with the Russians and 'mrobama' was going to be more flexible with the Russians but wanted to wait until he was re elected DeanRD .

There is a program for legal workers in the Labor Dept. It's problems have been mismanagement and delays of workers due to the red tape of government approving the workers on time. Those who don't follow the law just find illegals and have them pick it. The ones doing it legally getting screwed.

Time to get the Labor Dept. head out of it's ass and do their job. Or find another job. Hopefully this is happening.

And Trump said in one of the interviews the US will stop trading with our closest allies if necessary. As in NO trade. But Russia should be given special treatment.

REPUBLICAN - don't forget.
According to another poster on another thread Russia is the 10 th economic power in the world. Meaning they should be at the G12 dining and getting drunk event.

Forum List

Back