The Gov't Spending Extension Bill

The Old Dogs know and understand the order in getting legislation thru....the far right thinks if they shout louder and stomp their feet they should get their way.....

Our founders created a system where railroading by the simple majority, is the least effective way and hardest way to get things done.....compromise, so to represent most all of the citizens is the easier way and more effective way, to get things done.

Compromise? The Democrats got everything they wanted except military spending. So where is the compromise that benefited Republicans? Not one major issue.

Sorry, but I don't call that a compromise by any stretch of the imagination. I call that caving.

So, you agree that Trump and the GOP caved.

Tired of winning yet?

I'm watching Laura Ingram on "Bret Baier's" show on FNC and she's not happy! The list of items Schumer and the Dems "got" just went on and on from continuation of Planned Parenthood to funding Medicare Insurance payment for Puerta Rico which was over $250 M.! Funding of the arts and increased payments to fund Obamacare as well! It was a total capitulation to make sure the gov't didn't shut down and the Dems were "clowning" Trump and his stooges "on the right!" There was no funding for a wall and threats of defunding Sanctuary Cities stopped! This is what total power does for Republicans; have the Presidency and all of Congress and they can't do the simplest of tasks! All they can do is try to explain to their constituents "it's the obstruction of the Dems that did it!" BS! :badgrin: :biggrin: :9: :bang3: :blahblah:

It was Medicaid for Puerto Rico.

Do you think it's pay back time from the republican's for all the name calling Trump did in the campaign? Do you really think they are going to work with him? He said some pretty bigly ugly things about most of his own party.

The Old Dogs know and understand the order in getting legislation thru....the far right thinks if they shout louder and stomp their feet they should get their way.....

Our founders created a system where railroading by the simple majority, is the least effective way and hardest way to get things done.....compromise, so to represent most all of the citizens is the easier way and more effective way, to get things done.

Effective? Lol! $20T debt, budget never balance. They globe-trot like kings and queens, retire at 4X what taxpayers SS is.........and become multi-millionares while making <$200K living in high priced DC and a phony home in district. Effective?

Its pitchfork time.
Yup. BUT THAT DEBT is because congress critters do NOT work together.....NOT because they have worked together the past decade....because they haven't....

Compromise? The Democrats got everything they wanted except military spending. So where is the compromise that benefited Republicans? Not one major issue.

Sorry, but I don't call that a compromise by any stretch of the imagination. I call that caving.

Tired of winning yet?

I don't know. Tired of using that line yet?

GOP is getting what it deserves. You far righties were told Trump would be a disaster. You had four or five other better candidates, but, no, you had to have your way. Suck on it.

Craft moderate legislation, dump the Freedom Caucus, and go to the Dems for a working program of bills.

Yep, and kiss their leadership goodbye because many Republican voters will just stay home. You know it and I know it, and that's why you want Republicans to continue caving in.
I want a government for the people, not big business and the corporatists.

I wanted Kasich very much and was very disappointed when he did not get it.

I cannot support Trump. That is why I voted for McMullin.

Don't expect me to cry because of what I told you would happen did happen.

Last edited:

Effective? Lol! $20T debt, budget never balance. They globe-trot like kings and queens, retire at 4X what taxpayers SS is.........and become multi-millionares while making <$200K living in high priced DC and a phony home in district. Effective?

Its pitchfork time.
Yup. BUT THAT DEBT is because congress critters do NOT work together.....NOT because they have worked together the past decade....because they haven't....

Hey, obstruction really got a good start when McConnell and the GOP got together just after the election and vowed to make Obama a one term president.

And...............in doing so, they practiced obstruction so much that they no longer know how to work together to get things done.

If this is "winning", then I'm already tired of it.

Looks more like Trump and the GOP caving in and kicking the debt and budget cans down the road for another 6 months.

Its pitchfork time.

Not to nitpick, but your greater than less than sign is pointing in the wrong direction if you are trying to say that they make more than 200K a year.

The way it is written says that they are making less than 200k. If you wanted to say they were making greater than, the big end shouild have been pointed to the word "making", and the pointy end should have been towards the 200k.

The less than sign is as intended. They make $175K base? Yet become almost billionaires while paying DC prices to live + district home? I am on tablet, please do not make me "work".

GOP is getting what it deserves. You far righties were told Trump would be a disaster. You had four or five other better candidates, but, no, you had to have your way. Suck on it.

Craft moderate legislation, dump the Freedom Caucus, and go to the Dems for a working program of bills.

Yep, and kiss their leadership goodbye because many Republican voters will just stay home. You know it and I know it, and that's why you want Republicans to continue caving in.

Don't expect me to cry because of what told you became true.

I don't expect anybody on your side of the fence to cry. That's the problem. The liberal media is having a party right now.

Tired of winning yet?

I don't know. Tired of using that line yet?

Never gonna get tired of using that line while Trump is in office. Trump PROMISED that we would all be winning so much that we would get tired of winning.

Kasich could have worked with both sides and I also wanted him. He had some great ideas. The press that trump hates so bad are the ones who got him elected. Every time I turned on the damn tv there was a Trump rally covered by many stations. Hell I didn't see much of any of the other candidates for a year and a half.

Hey, obstruction really got a good start when McConnell and the GOP got together just after the election and vowed to make Obama a one term president.

And...............in doing so, they practiced obstruction so much that they no longer know how to work together to get things done.

Yes, because only Republicans didn't want to compromise:

I'm watching Laura Ingram on "Bret Baier's" show on FNC and she's not happy! The list of items Schumer and the Dems "got" just went on and on from continuation of Planned Parenthood to funding Medicare Insurance payment for Puerta Rico which was over $250 M.! Funding of the arts and increased payments to fund Obamacare as well! It was a total capitulation to make sure the gov't didn't shut down and the Dems were "clowning" Trump and his stooges "on the right!" There was no funding for a wall and threats of defunding Sanctuary Cities stopped! This is what total power does for Republicans; have the Presidency and all of Congress and they can't do the simplest of tasks! All they can do is try to explain to their constituents "it's the obstruction of the Dems that did it!" BS! :badgrin: :biggrin: :9: :bang3: :blahblah:

Do you think it's pay back time from the republican's for all the name calling Trump did in the campaign? Do you really think they are going to work with him? He said some pretty bigly ugly things about most of his own party.

That's a joke really since no one but blue collar idiots believed he was a real Republican! He couldn't run as an independent and the Dems would sooner Obama go ahead and "launch" instead of going through formality of having him lead them! It has nothing to do with retaliation; Trump promised things he knew he couldn't deliver! Repub. will just have to grin and bear it for the next 3+ years & hope Trump just drops in his tracks before the next election! :banana: :blahblah:

I hate to admit it, but I thought Trump was different. He and the Republicans were catching all kinds of hell on conservative talk radio today.

If they don't fix this, and I mean fix this good, they have no hopes coming next election. We wanted the Democrats TO shut down the government if that's what it took. In fact, let it stay shut down for a record amount of time. WTF cares?

Why does the devil win every single time? Really makes you wonder.

The Dems could not shut down the Govt. The Repubs own Senate, the House and the White House. They could have passed any bill they wanted... cant blame the Dems for this, or for a shutdown had it happened.

I for one was looking forward to free paid vacation time.

They needed a super majority in the Senate to pass the bill. That means they needed 8 Democrats to go along with fixing the country which they could never get, and every Republican to boot.

I don't understand why it's ok for Republicans to obstruct to the detriment of the country, but because Dems don't jump on board with lame legislation, they're labeled the same way! It doesn't make sense for the Dems to do slimy Republicans any favors after the way Obama was treated from day one! :9: :blahblah: :cuckoo: :disbelief: :dunno:

I know of about $20T reasons. You don't continue to spend on credit cards for luxury items at your house or you won't keep your house very long. These bozos think unlimited funding forever is OK!

Oh you mean delusional Republicans who think we can do it all; CUT TAXES, start a war with N. Korea, and defund Obamacare! Makes sense to me! :argue: :9: :blahblah:
Raising taxes hasn't worked for the last eight years. We're not at war with the NorK's. And yes obiecare has cost us a fortune for no gain.

So your point is?

Tired of winning yet?
I'm trying to figure out why you're happy about that. Are you somehow immune to the debt we currently have?

I can only think/hope Trump is looking at a bigger picture.......way out. Maybe this one time hit is small potatoes compared to his improved economic plans few years ahead? Sigh........I expected huge cuts. Not continued fiscal lunacy. We will pay for this crap later, with bigger interest.

That's a joke really since no one but blue collar idiots believed he was a real Republican!

Nobody believed he was a real Republican. That's why he was elected. We got sick and tired of results like this from the Republican party. We elected him to be different than the rest of the Republicans.

I don't expect anybody on your side of the fence to cry. That's the problem. The liberal media is having a party right now.
I am not a liberal, and you are not mainstream GOP, so I am not worried about your feelings.

Tired of winning yet?
I'm trying to figure out why you're happy about that. Are somehow immune to the debt we currently have?

Not happy about it at all. Kinda terrified if you ask me because if a man doesn't stand for anything, he will fall for everything, and Trump really doesn't seem to stand for much because of the way he keeps flip flopping on promises and issues that he was for, then against, and now for again. He has no rudder and you poor dupes bought it.

And, the tired of winning remark is meant to be sarcastic.

I can only think/hope Trump is looking at a bigger picture.......way out. Maybe this one time hit is small potatoes compared to his improved economic plans few years ahead? Sigh........I expected huge cuts. Not continued fiscal lunacy. We will pay for this crap later, with bigger interest.

Don't be so quick to lay all the blame on Trump, however Trump is the leader of the party right now, and he should have voiced disapproval instead of congratulations.

That's a joke really since no one but blue collar idiots believed he was a real Republican! He couldn't run as an independent and the Dems would sooner Obama go ahead and "launch" instead of going through formality of having him lead them! It has nothing to do with retaliation; Trump promised things he knew he couldn't deliver! Repub. will just have to grin and bear it for the next 3+ years & hope Trump just drops in his tracks before the next election! :banana: :blahblah:
We should just grin and bear another doubling of the nations debt. Well that certainly will show us. Banana dance!

Forum List

Back