The Great Awokening breaks Trader Joe's

The humorous bullying scolds of the Great Awokening how now turned their sites on Trader Joe's. In their sour worldview, Trader Jose, Trader Giotti and Trader Ming are WACIST. Sadly, Trader Joe's is caving into the mob, and relabeling everything as "Joe's" from now on. But isn't that PATRIARCHICAL?

"While this approach to product naming may have been rooted in a lighthearted attempt at inclusiveness, we recognize that it may now have the opposite effect— one that is contrary to the welcoming, rewarding customer experience we strive to create every day," said Kenya Friend-Daniel, national director of public relations for Trader Joe's. "With this in mind, we made the decision several years ago to use only the Trader Joe's name on our products moving forward. Since then, we have been in the process of updating older labels and replacing any variations with the name Trader Joe's, and we will continue do so until we complete this important work.

"At this time, I don’t have an exact date but we expect to have the work completed very soon. Packaging for a number of the products has already been changed, but there’s a small number of products in which the packaging is still going through the process."

As if that will save them........when you bend the knee to monsters, they simply use it to chop off your head.....

This is why we laugh at you.
And this is why you are a busybody and an a-hole!
You're an up to date Gladys Kravitz standing at your window with a pair of binoculars just hoping
to find something that you can bitch about and feel outraged.

You're a sick person.

Inside every bullying Wokester is an insecure person filled with self-loathing.

Just sayin'.

No...inside every bullying wokester is a monster who wants the power of life and death over everyone under their control....

The humorous bullying scolds of the Great Awokening how now turned their sites on Trader Joe's. In their sour worldview, Trader Jose, Trader Giotti and Trader Ming are WACIST. Sadly, Trader Joe's is caving into the mob, and relabeling everything as "Joe's" from now on. But isn't that PATRIARCHICAL?

"While this approach to product naming may have been rooted in a lighthearted attempt at inclusiveness, we recognize that it may now have the opposite effect— one that is contrary to the welcoming, rewarding customer experience we strive to create every day," said Kenya Friend-Daniel, national director of public relations for Trader Joe's. "With this in mind, we made the decision several years ago to use only the Trader Joe's name on our products moving forward. Since then, we have been in the process of updating older labels and replacing any variations with the name Trader Joe's, and we will continue do so until we complete this important work.

"At this time, I don’t have an exact date but we expect to have the work completed very soon. Packaging for a number of the products has already been changed, but there’s a small number of products in which the packaging is still going through the process."

OK, I guess I'm not woke and will probably not wake any time soon. I don't get the nature of the problem with Trader Joe's. I don't think there are any in Tennessee, so it probably will not effect me. All I know of Trader Joe's is, it is a supposed to be a good place to get cheap blended wine.

TJ's has much more than cheap blended wine. They have nice variety of produce, meat, cheese, baked goods, ingredients, and some prepared food. I love their house brand olive oils, which are now going to be Trader Joe's instead of Trader Giotti's. I hate the humorlessness of woke millennials.

You're an up to date Gladys Kravitz standing at your window with a pair of binoculars just hoping

You're a sick person.

Just sayin'.

No...inside every bullying wokester is a monster who wants the power of life and death over everyone under their control....

Root cause, friendo. They want power over others to fill the emptiness and self-loathing inside of them.

You're a sick person.

Just sayin'.

Root cause, friendo. They want power over others to fill the emptiness and self-loathing inside of them.

Traitor Joe? Isn't that Biden's nickname?

I am pretty sure that most Asian Americans (our law-abiding model minority) did not complain about the name of those foods. They are too busy studying and contributing to society to engage in such petty nonsense.

I suspect it was the work of non-Asian troublemakers.

I am pretty sure that most Asian Americans (our law-abiding model minority) did not complain about the name of those foods. They are too busy studying and contributing to society to engage in such petty nonsense.

A great deal of this woke nonsense is promoted by spoiled brat rich white kids who have bs university degrees in something-studies and cannot even qualify for barrista jobs.

A great deal of this woke nonsense is promoted by spoiled brat rich white kids who have bs university degrees in something-studies and cannot even qualify for barrista jobs.

I agree 100%.

When I saw the marches on TV a few weeks ago, I was astonished, dismayed, and saddened to note the large numbers of Euro American youth who were protesting against cops, who are there to protect them from robbers, sucker punchers, rapists, and murderers.

Those pathetic souls will eventually discover (maybe as a victim of crime themselves) how foolish they were back in 2020.

lol! Everyone is soooooo afraid of the threat of losing money...money slaves. They will literally apologize for anything.

It's more than just losing money. You end up having your name smeared in the press, and being shunned by friends and family, and heckled wherever you go.

Also, and admittedly this does not apply to Trader Joe's specifically, but franchise stores, obviously have franchise owners, that will scream and yell about the company. They do have some influence.

Granted again, Trader Joe's isn't a franchise, so it doesn't directly apply in this case.

But the reality is that you are right, that these companies are spineless, and that presents a problem. Specifically that in acting this way, they feed the beast. Every single time that you cave into the SJW crowd, you in effect justify them.

And all that does is make them engage in this behavior more. It's like paying out a ransom. As soon as you pay out a single ransom, you tell every single criminal gang on the planet, that this is how you earn money.

These SJW people are no different. Just feeding the beast.

OK, I guess I'm not woke and will probably not wake any time soon. I don't get the nature of the problem with Trader Joe's. I don't think there are any in Tennessee, so it probably will not effect me. All I know of Trader Joe's is, it is a supposed to be a good place to get cheap blended wine.

TJ's has much more than cheap blended wine. They have nice variety of produce, meat, cheese, baked goods, ingredients, and some prepared food. I love their house brand olive oils, which are now going to be Trader Joe's instead of Trader Giotti's. I hate the humorlessness of woke millennials.
Seriously, I read the article and still do not understand the problem of the Woke (what a damn word) millennials. I usually understand what people are bitching about, even if I blow it off as not applying to me or that I just don't care. This time I don't understand what I'm blowing off. Make me feel old somehow.

I agree 100%.

When I saw the marches on TV a few weeks ago, I was astonished, dismayed, and saddened to note the large numbers of Euro American youth who were protesting against cops, who are there to protect them from robbers, sucker punchers, rapists, and murderers.

Those pathetic souls will eventually discover (maybe as a victim of crime themselves) how foolish they were back in 2020.

They've been brainwashed throughout their educational experience into being Marxists. And now, they see that the prosperous lifestyles to which they believe they are entitled are not going to happen...and they are Very Angry.

Seriously, I read the article and still do not understand the problem of the Woke (what a damn word) millennials. I usually understand what people are bitching about, even if I blow it off as not applying to me or that I just don't care. This time I don't understand what I'm blowing off. Make me feel old somehow.

Woke is just another collectivist cult using shaming and domestic terrorism to gain power. French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Maoist Cultural Revolution...it's happened before and in the end, they consume themselves.

#16: Gladys's scopic drive translates to the eye-pain (the flipside of fascism) that BLM-Antifa treated everyone to recently. Scanning the horizon, looking for guilt, this paranoiac machine now chooses Trader Joe's. Boycott BLM-Antifa marxists.

It's the snowflakes who are freaking out about said changes.

Snowflake.
I wish libs were not so lazy and lacking in imagination

because you keep stealing our insults and never come up with any of your own

Woke is just another collectivist cult using shaming and domestic terrorism to gain power. French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Maoist Cultural Revolution...it's happened before and in the end, they consume themselves.
Yes, but specifically what does it have to do with Trader Joe's? I understand about cancel culture morons, but usually it is something specific, or is it that the do not like it that somebody created a business model, called it "Trader Joe's", built it to being successful and still control it that the "woke" do not like?

lol! Everyone is soooooo afraid of the threat of losing money...money slaves. They will literally apologize for anything.

It's more than just losing money. You end up having your name smeared in the press, and being shunned by friends and family, and heckled wherever you go.

Also, and admittedly this does not apply to Trader Joe's specifically, but franchise stores, obviously have franchise owners, that will scream and yell about the company. They do have some influence.

Granted again, Trader Joe's isn't a franchise, so it doesn't directly apply in this case.

But the reality is that you are right, that these companies are spineless, and that presents a problem. Specifically that in acting this way, they feed the beast. Every single time that you cave into the SJW crowd, you in effect justify them.

And all that does is make them engage in this behavior more. It's like paying out a ransom. As soon as you pay out a single ransom, you tell every single criminal gang on the planet, that this is how you earn money.

These SJW people are no different. Just feeding the beast.
The biggest problem is that we have corporatism. As we know from Econ 101..the MAIN purpose of any corporation is to achieve ever increasing profits for its stakeholder.
With an interconnected global, corporate culture the pressure to 'not fuck up' to put it bluntly is magnified greatly. Any error, or perceived error may potentially jeopardize the all important "bottom line'...degrees of separation are minimized in this world, and therefore the pressure of the system is greatly exerted on any individual node to "conform" for the sake of profit.
Everything is corporate...everything is profit driven.

Yes, but specifically what does it have to do with Trader Joe's? I understand about cancel culture morons, but usually it is something specific, or is it that the do not like it that somebody created a business model, called it "Trader Joe's", built it to being successful and still control it that the "woke" do not like?

The Great Awokening wants to Destroy EVERYTHING. The specific accusations are meaningless. The objective is to make everyone Bend The Knee to their Marxist Cult.

The Great Awokening wants to Destroy EVERYTHING. The specific accusations are meaningless. The objective is to make everyone Bend The Knee to their Marxist Cult.
OK, so I can blow this one off, too. Wouldn't mind going in a Trader Joe's. They might have stuff I might like.

th

Forum List

Back