The great IRS/Tea party scandle fizzles

crussmith2

Rookie
Mar 6, 2013
“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.
Roll Up! Roll Up! The I.R.S. Non-Scandal Moves to Capitol Hill : The New Yorker

oh yeah, just blow it off ( call it Non-Scandal)because it involves American citizens you don't care about and being done with a Democrat President at the helm..

and your all's ho hum about THIS ABUSE of power by government, I don't care what political party they are from is real TOUCHING...don't figgen whine when it is done to you folks, NEXT

Last edited:
“I do not believe partisanship motivated the actions”—of the officials in the Cincinnati office. What actually happened, he went on, was “foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient in their workload selection.” Deluged with applications for tax-exempt status, many of which came from conservative groups with ties to politics, the officials took the “short cut” of looking for words like “Tea Party” and “patriots” in the names of groups that submitted applications. But nobody specifically “targeted” conservative groups. “There was no targeting because there was no intent,” Miller said. The applications that the agent put into a queue for further review came from groups from across the political spectrum, he reminded his inquisitors. Only seventy out of about three hundred had “Tea Party” or similar words in their names....nobody has come up with one iota of evidence to contradict Miller’s story. One of the congressmen asked George, the Inspector General of Taxes, if his staff had found any suggestion of political motivations on the part of the I.R.S. employees. “We did not,” George replied.

If you believe nobody was targeted for political reasons you are a fucking moron and/or just a lying tool for your political party. You people have shown us all just how truly pathetic you are by defending the indefensible.

I laughed when I heard that explanation. Thank goodness he is gone. For him to think anyone would even fall for it, under the evidence, is just telling of his incapacity to see the forest for the trees.

Of course it will fizzle when you have a press in your back pocket and they don't care what is done to us UNLESS it's a Republican President...

all this shit would be FRONT page burners then

that is some sad stuff we are living with people, a media that is against some of the people in this country, those that claim they are Republican

Last edited:

This excuse has been proven to be false. There were not a 'massive' increase in tax exempt applications. This was one of the first lame attempts at justifying the illegal actions taken by the IRS--Citizens United was to blame!!

21FD7D73377148C6915A302779C9CEA1.png

In fact, there were less applications submitted in 2009 than 2010, when the targeting of religious, both pro-life and pro-Israel Jewish organization, and conservative organizations for harassment by one of the most powerful federal agencies, The Internal Revenue Service, began.

The acting commissioner of the IRS lied to congress about a 'flood of applications'.

Why all the lies?

Last edited:
It has far from fizzled, except in the minds of street democrats.

Democrat politicians are trying to scramble on board.

McCaskill Calls For Firing Of All Involved In IRS Targeting Scandal « CBS St. Louis

Democrat Baucus warns: More to come out on IRS scandal | WashingtonExaminer.com

Senior Democratic Sen. Max Baucus, who recently slapped Obamacare as a "train wreck," believes that the IRS scandal is just beginning and that "a lot more" damaging information will be revealed, likely at congressional hearings.

Again, as with Benghazi, what has fizzled – or was never at issue to begin with – is the idiotic, partisan notion that this will lead to ‘impeachment’ of the president.

No one has claimed it will lead to Obama's impeachment.

There are those on the left that don't have the intellectual dishonesty to openly justify or rationalize the actions of the IRS. This assignment has been relegated to the bottom feeder bloggers on Mother Jones, Salon ect. to come up with clever ways of spinning this to marginalize it. Citizens United instinctively spewed from their mouths, and it has been parroted over and over. "Citizens United caused a huge influx of applications", without ever having any knowledge of that to be true beyond what some blog told them.

Spin spin spin spin..

you lefties are in full blown panic mode!

Love it.

To all the Dems (spin, spin, spin)
There is a scandal (spin, spin, spin)
And a biased press to spread the talking points

A spin to be spread, a truth to hide
A spin to make, a truth to hide
A spin to kill, a truth to hide
A spin for fools, a truth to hide

Spin spin spin spin..

Love it.

Other than your obvious political bias, do you have probative evidence of intent on the part of any IRA employee? If so name them.

If not, you've provided more evidence to convince the reader you're a partisan hack who has nothing substantive to offer.

Spin spin spin spin..

Love it.

And set to music:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4]The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - YouTube[/ame]

I really believe that The Rude Pundit correctly assessed what actually happened:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...isn-t-a-scandal-but-it-will-get-annoying.html

Look, we know how this went down: Post-Citizens United, the Internal Revenue Service was flooded with applications for tax-exempt status for whatever organization a couple of fucksacks with a tricorner hat wanted to start. "Social welfare" groups, they were called, and they could not be involved with specific political candidates or advocacy (although, you know, c'mon). So the IRS told its low-level drones who had to look at all the fucksack applications to flag ones that looked hinky. So the low-level drones, who are overworked to begin with because Congress won't give the IRS the funding it needs to do its fucking job, used some search terms.

It's 2010 and who are the fucksacks who are everywhere? The "Tea Party" groups. So, sure, fine, let's fuckin' search that. Low-level drone 1 tells low-level drone 2 (and for god's sake, they live in the dull, dull, boring, dull city of Cincinnati, so give 'em a little break), "Hey, just use 'Patriot' as a search term and you'll get your job done faster because if there's one thing we know, it's that a whole bunch of these applications are from crazed fucksacks applying for tax-exempt status because they hate them that black guy in office." Low-level drone 2 might have said, "Oh, shit, that'll get us in trouble." But low-level drone 1 had a convincing argument by saying, "You wanna get to the bar sooner?" By the way, chances are that LLD 1 and LLD 2 have been LLDs forever, under at least one GOP president.

Again, as with Benghazi, what has fizzled – or was never at issue to begin with – is the idiotic, partisan notion that this will lead to ‘impeachment’ of the president.

Exactly.. why would I want my president impeached? Unless of course he blatantly broke the law, which I think in this case he hasn't.. heck.. there really is no evidence he even knew.

The outrage is that the IRS can do this.. and did.. and now they are involved n our healthcare?

This is disturbing beyond belief.

That must be the new assigned watchword/talking point.

"Booooooooooosh" has run out of steam going on five years later.
"Racism" is starting to backfire.
"Haters" is too easy to turn back on them.

So apparently "You won't be able to impeach him over this" is the all purpose talking point to insert into every discussion lately. :)

Spin spin spin spin..

Love it.

And set to music:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4]The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! - YouTube[/ame]

Glib, yet without substance. Name the IRS employee(s) and provided proof of their intent!

Forum List

Back