The Halloween Thread

14330148_1244256452300151_5707428531462131947_n.jpg

Spirit halloween store, which is entirely seasonal and only shows up before halloween each year has opened already here. There are a number of buildings within a mile of each other nearby and they are alternatively occupied or empty as businesses come and go and Spirit has set up in an empty one for the last 6 years or so.
I enjoy this shop, they always have the newest displays with life-size zombies crawling out of graves or giant spiders climbing over tombstones, and a million and one costumes to choose from. As well as endless smaller skulls and eyeballs and fake teeth, blood, etc.

Great to watch kids in the store that are really scared of the displays.

Anyone else like Halloween? I think this is too early but eh, it's Halloween not Christmas.

Love Halloween...best thing next to Christmas

My house last year

View attachment 90318

The skeleton wearing the life jacket is funny. If he falls overboard, what would happen? He'd drown? :bye1:

Spirit halloween store, which is entirely seasonal and only shows up before halloween each year has opened already here. There are a number of buildings within a mile of each other nearby and they are alternatively occupied or empty as businesses come and go and Spirit has set up in an empty one for the last 6 years or so.
I enjoy this shop, they always have the newest displays with life-size zombies crawling out of graves or giant spiders climbing over tombstones, and a million and one costumes to choose from. As well as endless smaller skulls and eyeballs and fake teeth, blood, etc.

Anyone else like Halloween? I think this is too early but eh, it's Halloween not Christmas.

My house last year

View attachment 90318

The skeleton wearing the life jacket is funny. If he falls overboard, what would happen? He'd drown? :bye1:

Local Coast Guard is very strict around here

I abhor All Hallows Eve! Instead of a time to remember our departed dear ones, it's become nothing but another disgusting marketing ploy for the kiddies.

I like what they do in Mexico. The whole family goes to the family area in the cemetery with food and gifts and has a party to celebrate their ancestors.

CemetarioAlmoloyaRio1995.jpg

life-dia-de-los-muertos.jpg

Couldn't we do both? A night to scare ourselves silly and have fun in costume is good for the soul, too. November 1 is too late in the year for Dia de los Muertos, though. Maybe in the summer?

Halloween is a festival to ward off the evil dead and spirits.

Day of the dead is a celebration of your dead relatives I think.

Now that the kids have grown and do not rick or treat, we go down to the Old Spanish cave where they have a haunted cave, and in another section you hunt goons with paint ball guns...For two people you will spend around 50 bucks...

My house last year

View attachment 90318
Now we know what happened to the paper boy and his dog that disappeared...

Halloween is a festival to ward off the evil dead and spirits.

Day of the dead is a celebration of your dead relatives I think.

Halloween is the night that the veil between the world of the living and the dead opens and demons can walk the earth until All Saint's Day when they are again banished.
Day of the Dead is Honoring ancestors. I would rather celebrate Bastille Day than the mexican day.

My house last year

View attachment 90318

:boohoo:

I love Halloween and I don't personally celebrate any holidays. To me, the Holy Grail of Halloween has got to be Sleepy Hollow New York.

As the kids were counting the minutes waiting for the sun to set on Halloween 1960, my mother went into labor, and at Stanford Hospital, I was born at around 4:40 PM, although since then I have wished many times, I had come with a manual.

I have to love Halloween. Like baseball, Halloween has always been good to me. :D

Maybe, the best thing about being born in 1960 is it makes the math easy calculating my age.

I abhor All Hallows Eve! Instead of a time to remember our departed dear ones, it's become nothing but another disgusting marketing ploy for the kiddies.

I like what they do in Mexico. The whole family goes to the family area in the cemetery with food and gifts and has a party to celebrate their ancestors.

CemetarioAlmoloyaRio1995.jpg

life-dia-de-los-muertos.jpg

A Zombie walk looks like more fun

Not sure what the plan is this year. Last year's costumes were pretty good, but I have no idea what my wife is considering this year.

Forum List

Back