The HARLEY DAVIDSON Riders Thread: Post Pics of Your Ride Here...

This was ours before we had to sell it, due to hubbies MS problems.

Both of us really miss riding.

Shovel head... nice.

No :eek:
1982 FLT Tour Glide

1982 Shovel head :)
142-1186.jpg
Aaaahh.. EVO... looked like a shovel head on my little laptop screen. I see now on my big desktop monitor. But the shovel and the Evo kind of over lapped. They made the shovel up until 1985, but didn't start the Evo until 1984. How is it you have a 1982 Evo?

I'll take that shovel above though... that's sweet... great sound.

Last edited:
Tens of thousands of people here, and [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] and me are the only two with a Harley?

Guess it's going to take people awhile to find out this forum is here... :eusa_eh:

I suspect many people here want something that was state of the art AFTER 1950! :eusa_whistle:

*runs*

My first HD was a '49. Nope, no pictures survive, but it looked pretty much like this, except it was all white.

I don't think he cares....he thinks Harley owners should be arrested for the noise...:razz::razz:

Shovel head... nice.

No :eek:
1982 FLT Tour Glide

1982 Shovel head :)
142-1186.jpg
Aaaahh.. EVO... looked like a shovel head on my little laptop screen. I see now on my big desktop monitor. But the shovel and the Evo kind of over lapped. They made the shovel up until 1985, but didn't start the Evo until 1984. How is it you have a 1982 Evo?

I'll take that shovel above though... that's sweet... great sound.

Not an EVO

FLT Tour Glide

FLT engine
565995118o.jpg

EVO engine
HARLEY-DAVIDSON_EVO_ENGINE.jpg

Hubby say's for me to tell you, you are correct.
That's a shovel head engine.
I thought you were talking about the shovel head bike MY BAD!! :)

He also say's to tell you that pan heads rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have no real problem with Harleys, just won't buy one, can't justify paying that much for a bike that I see as a status symbol. The other problem is I'm old enough to remember just how bad they were and can't seem to shake that perception. :dunno:

2010 ultra classic here
Black
Of course
Just got my senior chief anchor embroidered on seat which was restuffed with memory foam
Just tried to upload and files too big
Will do so tomorrow when i am in computer vs iphobe

Last edited:
I have no real problem with Harleys, just won't buy one, can't justify paying that much for a bike that I see as a status symbol. The other problem is I'm old enough to remember just how bad they were and can't seem to shake that perception. :dunno:

Actually - if you look at a Honda "bagger" i.e. Goldwing - and a Harley bagger - there's not that much of a difference in price - the Honda, in most cases - is more.
As noted above - quality of HD is outstanding - no more leaks/unreliability. The "networking" among HOG members and others who ride HDs is also second to none. I've been riding since the early 1980s and have owned everything imaginable - brand wise. I am speaking from experience here - HD has their shit together like no other.

They are worth the money....we've had Suzuki and Honda, and they don't compare to our Harley.

Nothing says tough, independent, American and reliable like owning a Harley and we've done the research for you to learn about the 10 best Harley Davidson motorcycles you could add to your garage. There's nothing like the rumble of a Harley. Once you've ridden one you won't want to settle for something less. The challenge is choosing the right bike and making the commitment.

Read more: 10 Best Harley Davidson Motorcycles | Made Manual

Speaking of mini-bikes, I hear "AGayBikerSailor" has a Sporty. Any "man" who posts jewels like this - you know he's (1) On a Sporty -- (2) Sucking cock...

"There are a lot of straight men who ask for anal sex from their wives (or girlfriends) on a regular basis. I hear that they perceive it as being "tighter" and "better" from their own point of view. And yeah.....................lots of straight men ask their women if they can put it in the backdoor."
- A"GAY"BikerSailor

Actually - if you look at a Honda "bagger" i.e. Goldwing - and a Harley bagger - there's not that much of a difference in price - the Honda, in most cases - is more.
As noted above - quality of HD is outstanding - no more leaks/unreliability. The "networking" among HOG members and others who ride HDs is also second to none. I've been riding since the early 1980s and have owned everything imaginable - brand wise. I am speaking from experience here - HD has their shit together like no other.

Not interested in Goldwings, if I was to spend that kind of money it'd be for an Indian. Now if I could get a relatively new HD for the same price as a relatively new 1300 VStar I might be interested. Also I'm kinda short so I need a low slung saddle for both my feet to touch the ground and I hate the classic (everyone has one) black, would have to get it painted. More out of pocket.

Not interested in Goldwings, if I was to spend that kind of money it'd be for an Indian. Now if I could get a relatively new HD for the same price as a relatively new 1300 VStar I might be interested. Also I'm kinda short so I need a low slung saddle for both my feet to touch the ground and I hate the classic (everyone has one) black, would have to get it painted. More out of pocket.

Well, Indian's a nice bike on paper - but they should have put a tour pack on their bagger. Also - lack of dealerships. I have to drive 80 miles one way to look at one, nevermind bring it there for service.

I suspect many people here want something that was state of the art AFTER 1950! :eusa_whistle:

*runs*

My first HD was a '49. Nope, no pictures survive, but it looked pretty much like this, except it was all white.

I don't think he cares....he thinks Harley owners should be arrested for the noise...:razz::razz:

No, liar, the IDIOTS who remove mufflers should be arrested for the noise, just like doing it to a car!

I'd suggest a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive...but they have relatively high seats.

I'd suggest a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive...but they have relatively high seats.

We are discussing harley davidsons
Not rice burning faggoty mopeds

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
I am so jealous. I never owned a harley. Told myself I would buy one when I was 70. Guess that won't happen either since my body is falling apart faster than I thought.

Now...where is the pic of you ON your bike?

You have no idea what a 650 Burgy is capable of, do you. (That's not a question.) It's a touring cycle...will run 80MPH all day (even 2-up), will touch 120 with no trouble. Gets 55+MPG (on regular gas), the engine (water-cooled 8-valve 638cc inline twin, EFI) is butter-smooth from idle to 8500RPM. The 650 even has ABS standard now.

This was ours before we had to sell it, due to hubbies MS problems.

82flttourglide.jpg

Both of us really miss riding.

That's too bad, I love riding, too.
And, you probably could ride year-round in AZ, no? We get too cold in Jan/Feb.....I don't like riding when it's below 40 degrees.....

Yes we could have.
This was in Calif. before we moved to AZ. and yes we rode all year round there.
Yeah but here in AZ, in the summer time, you can only ride in the early morning. Gotta be home by 0900 in July. :)

I lived in New Mexico and Florida the dry weather in NM kept you a bit cooler than FL where you would pray for rain on a really bad day so you could cool off.

Forum List

Back