The History of The GOP Since 1980....In One Paragraph.....

This is EXACTLY the tedious waffling bs I don't have the patience to hear.

Yeah that tedious, pesky Constitution. You're very hung up on the "budgetary process" but you don't want to discuss the root of that process?

By what authority can Supply Side Hucksters promise you tax cuts?
Tell me how many Presidents have enacted tax cuts or increases without Congress? Now tell me how many times the Congress has rubber stamped a President's budget. Hint: It's the same answer for both questions.....

Yeah that tedious, pesky Constitution. You're very hung up on the "budgetary process" but you don't want to discuss the root of that process?

Tell me how many Presidents have enacted tax cuts or increases without Congress? Now tell me how many times the Congress has rubber stamped a President's budget. Hint: It's the same answer for both questions.....

but you don't want to discuss the root of that process?

No...not at all.

It isn't theory, it's practice.

Notice how you dodged the question.

No...not at all.

It isn't theory, it's practice.

Notice how you dodged the question.
What's the dodge? Presidents submit a budget, but there's no requirement for that to happen nor is there any requirement for the Congress to do anything with that request. Are you saying without a budget submittal from the Executive the Congress would be unable to pass a budget? Because that's not even remotely true.

BTW have you figured out how many times Presidents have enacted tax reform without Congress yet?

What's the dodge? Presidents submit a budget, but there's no requirement for that to happen nor is there any requirement for the Congress to do anything with that request. Are you saying without a budget submittal from the Executive the Congress would be unable to pass a budget? Because that's not even remotely true.

BTW have you figured out how many times Presidents have enac

I don't want to hear you regurgitate Mark Levin, in your desperate effort to avoid talking about what is, and the consequences.

ted tax reform without Congress yet?

I don't want to hear you regurgitate Mark Levin, in your desperate effort to avoid talking about what is, and the consequences.
I've never listened to Levin so it would be tough to regurgitate what he talks about. You're deflection aside would you care to answer the question. BTW upon further research the President is required to submit a budget. In 1921 the Congress passed a law requiring it but in the end Congress doesn't have to actually do anything with it. In 74 Nixon tried to use Executive powers to just not spend the money Congress allocated via impoundment but they passed a law curtailing that significantly. Is it you're contention that if a President submitted a budget where the Federal Government only spent 3 dollars the Congress would just have to pass a bill to that effect?

Again how many tax reforms have been enacted solely by the executive branch in US history.

I've never listened to Levin so it would be tough to regurgitate what he talks about. You're deflection aside would you care to answer the question. BTW upon further research the President is required to submit a budget. In 1921 the Congress passed a law requiring it but in the end Congress doesn't have to actually do anything with it. In 74 Nixon tried to use Executive powers to just not spend the money Congress allocated via impoundment but they passed a law curtailing that significantly. Is it you're contention that if a President submitted a budget where the Federal Government only spent 3 dollars the Congress would just have to pass a bill to that effect?

Again how many tax reforms have been enacted solely by the executive branch in US history.
I already covered that in my initial statement.

You STILL haven't answered the question.

But you sure are making my point.

The same authority every politician promises anything left right and center. This is the "policy" discussion you want and cant have?
QED.

You can't bring yourself to acknowledge the fact.

How can we hope to get to the actual data?

Forum List

Back