The Holy Bible contains not any contradictions!

What would you consider a transitional fossil?

The only transitional fossil evidence I saw were minus the top left three in this figure (no chimps nor australopithecines):

hs.gif

There is a great deal of evidence for transitional fossils. You just won't find it at your ID'iot creation ministries.

CC200: Transitional fossils

Last edited:
If every scientist had absolute faith in everything that was told to him or her, then there would be no discoveries. Science proceeds by a lack of faith, and a desire to discover what we do not know.

We aren't talking about discoveries or even technological breakthroughs. We were talking about asexual to sexual reproduction which fake science evolutionists cannot explain. I will take your post as admission of wrongness and defeat once again.

We can observe and show experimentally that God created adult humans and animals that could reproduce.
We aren't talking about discoveries or even technological breakthroughs. We were talking about asexual to sexual reproduction which fake science evolutionists cannot explain. I will take your post as admission of wrongness and defeat once again.

We were talking about asexual to sexual reproduction ...

they both exist so your argument only adults were created for sexual reproduction why are there asexual organisms that predate sexual reproduction and not all existing at the same time.

OK. Fair enough.

Yes. Obviously the bible is rife with contradictions. Thats being said I also know that some contradictions were designed to make the reader think as when the children of Adam went to find a mate in a city which should compel the reader to reconsider the subject of being formed by God and becoming a living being as being not about the creation of the body or the first human being.

Other instances are obvious redactions as when someone put on the end of a letter of Paul "submit to the authority of Caesar" who happened to be Nero at the time..

This contradicts the teaching of Jesus on every level and the motive of the unknown editors is not mysterious at all.

So how do YOU decide which parts to believe?

I use my knowledge of literary expressions, figurative language, homonyms, parables, metaphors, analogies, hyperbole, etc, along with scientific facts about the nature of reality as constraints in discerning the teaching.

In my thinking, whether or not the dead ever came out of their graves was never a question of faith or subject of belief. I simply ask myself , "what is the author trying to say." I see that belief without understanding is a curse.

Once superstition is dismissed and if the reader has at least a second grade reading level, the intended meaning almost always becomes clear.

For more sensitive subjects an additional effort is required.

Its really not that hard. Its a matter of logical deduction.

Anyone can do it anytime, anywhere.

You can even do it in secret.

So the Bible is not a reliable source. You gotta make up your own mind about what might be written in it. Do you think people might reasonably or logically disagree with your conclusions?
Don’t you make up your own mind for everything?

Of course, but when it comes to dedicating your life to serving some deity, it's based on something more than a few arbitrary lines in a book that were written by people who never met the people they claim to be quoting.
Gee... when you say it that way it kind of sounds crazy. However when I say it my way it doesn't.

You use the phrase "some deity" rather loosely. Like it implies that it is less than it is. Maybe the problem here is one of perception. Since you have never seriously considered what this "some deity" might be, you have never placed this "some deity" in its proper context. My perception of God is that God is not like us. God isn't made up of matter and energy like us. In fact there is no thing that can describe God because God is no thing. The closest I can come to perceiving God is that God is consciousness without form.

I also liked your phrase "a few arbitrary lines in a book written by people who never met the people they claim to be quoting." This too shows that you have never given any serious consideration to it. The Bible is actually a very complex Book. Different literary styles - such as allegorical, poetic, wisdom, historical, law, prophetic,etc - are used throughout the text. My guess is that you intentionally seek the worst possible understanding and then look no further. In its simplest form the Bible tells us that God created existence, man is a product of that creation, that everything that was created is good and that man should go forth and be fruitful. This account was passed down for thousands of years by ancient man before it was recorded by Moses. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong.

So the lines in the Book are really not arbitrary at all. The bible is effectively a how to book; how to live life and how not to live life.

As to your phrase "dedicating one's life..." again I think there is a problem of perception. I believe you think it means one thing whereas the people you are placing this perception upon see it an entirely different way. The original meaning and practice of the word worship has been lost through 6000 years of time. Worship is nothing more or less than giving praise and thanks. We give praise and thanks by what we do, not by what we say. We show our praise and thanks in how we live our daily lives; how we conduct ourselves in every endeavor and transaction; how we do the little things; how everything we do is done like it is a sacred act in appreciation of all that has been given to us. The Bible tells us that we are to do as the original worker did - create for 6 days and then rest. We had to be told to take a day off from creating because creating is supposed to be fun. We are happiest when we are using our talents to create. There is no better way to show one's appreciation for what he was given than by using it. That is what dedicate means to me.

OK. Fair enough.

Yes. Obviously the bible is rife with contradictions. Thats being said I also know that some contradictions were designed to make the reader think as when the children of Adam went to find a mate in a city which should compel the reader to reconsider the subject of being formed by God and becoming a living being as being not about the creation of the body or the first human being.

Other instances are obvious redactions as when someone put on the end of a letter of Paul "submit to the authority of Caesar" who happened to be Nero at the time..

This contradicts the teaching of Jesus on every level and the motive of the unknown editors is not mysterious at all.

I use my knowledge of literary expressions, figurative language, homonyms, parables, metaphors, analogies, hyperbole, etc, along with scientific facts about the nature of reality as constraints in discerning the teaching.

In my thinking, whether or not the dead ever came out of their graves was never a question of faith or subject of belief. I simply ask myself , "what is the author trying to say." I see that belief without understanding is a curse.

Once superstition is dismissed and if the reader has at least a second grade reading level, the intended meaning almost always becomes clear.

So the Bible is not a reliable source. You gotta make up your own mind about what might be written in it. Do you think people might reasonably or logically disagree with your conclusions?

Of course, but when it comes to dedicating your life to serving some deity, it's based on something more than a few arbitrary lines in a book that were written by people who never met the people they claim to be quoting.
Seems to me that if there is a consciousness without form which created the material world from nothing, some level of deference should be given. It would be illogical not to do so.

Please provide the data that "experimentally" observes the gods creating adult humans.

It's in the Book of Genesis.

What "fake science" are you describing? Please describe the sexual reproduction that science can't explain.

I just did. The evos are the ones who claim the egg came first, just like a single-cell sprang up from a geyser or volcano. We know there is no evidence of a single-cell by abiogenesis. We also know that single-cell asexual reproduction does not become sexual reproduction. We observe this does not happen. It goes to show that you believe in the myths and lies of Satan.

The only transitional fossil evidence I saw were minus the top left three in this figure (no chimps nor australopithecines):

hs.gif

There is a great deal of evidence for transitional fossils. You just won't find it at your ID'iot creation ministries.

Pfft. That website may as well be atheists' dogma. Where is the diagram like the one I presented? How about the whales transformation? I asked for one from Fort Fun Indiana, but he could not provide one. Or how about tailed to tailless monkey? You claim we have vestigial organs.

Gee... when you say it that way it kind of sounds crazy. However when I say it my way it doesn't.

You use the phrase "some deity" rather loosely. Like it implies that it is less than it is. Maybe the problem here is one of perception. Since you have never seriously considered what this "some deity" might be, you have never placed this "some deity" in its proper context. My perception of God is that God is not like us. God isn't made up of matter and energy like us. In fact there is no thing that can describe God because God is no thing. The closest I can come to perceiving God is that God is consciousness without form.

I also liked your phrase "a few arbitrary lines in a book written by people who never met the people they claim to be quoting." This too shows that you have never given any serious consideration to it. The Bible is actually a very complex Book. Different literary styles - such as allegorical, poetic, wisdom, historical, law, prophetic,etc - are used throughout the text. My guess is that you intentionally seek the worst possible understanding and then look no further. In its simplest form the Bible tells us that God created existence, man is a product of that creation, that everything that was created is good and that man should go forth and be fruitful. This account was passed down for thousands of years by ancient man before it was recorded by Moses. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong.

So the lines in the Book are really not arbitrary at all. The bible is effectively a how to book; how to live life and how not to live life.

As to your phrase "dedicating one's life..." again I think there is a problem of perception. I believe you think it means one thing whereas the people you are placing this perception upon see it an entirely different way. The original meaning and practice of the word worship has been lost through 6000 years of time. Worship is nothing more or less than giving praise and thanks. We give praise and thanks by what we do, not by what we say. We show our praise and thanks in how we live our daily lives; how we conduct ourselves in every endeavor and transaction; how we do the little things; how everything we do is done like it is a sacred act in appreciation of all that has been given to us. The Bible tells us that we are to do as the original worker did - create for 6 days and then rest. We had to be told to take a day off from creating because creating is supposed to be fun. We are happiest when we are using our talents to create. There is no better way to show one's appreciation for what he was given than by using it. That is what dedicate means to me.

What makes you think I never seriously considered what a God might be. I was a hard core Southern Baptist for most of my life. If I would have never decided to study the Bible to become a better Christian, I would have probably continued believing what I had been taught as a child, and would be agreeing with you.

You don't have to be religious to take pride in your work.

What makes you think I never seriously considered what a God might be. I was a hard core Southern Baptist for most of my life. If I would have never decided to study the Bible to become a better Christian, I would have probably continued believing what I had been taught as a child, and would be agreeing with you.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you wouldn't treat the accounts like fairytales. You would have understood the complexity of the different literary styles being used and understood that ancient man used allegory to pass down historical accounts and important lessons so that it would be easier for future generations to remember.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you wouldn't refer to the creator of existence as some deity.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you wouldn't refer to the Bible as a few arbitrary lines in a book.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you would have realized that what we do rather than what we say determines how dedicated anyone is to thanking the creator for their existence.

You are correct, you don't have to be religious to take pride in your work. That isn't what I am talking about though. What I am talking about is being thankful for the opportunity that was given to you.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you wouldn't treat the accounts like fairytales. You would have understood the complexity of the different literary styles being used and understood that ancient man used allegory to pass down historical accounts and important lessons so that it would be easier for future generations to remember.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you wouldn't refer to the creator of existence as some deity.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you wouldn't refer to the Bible as a few arbitrary lines in a book.

If you had seriously studied the Bible you would have realized that what we do rather than what we say determines how dedicated anyone is to thanking the creator for their existence.

You are correct, you don't have to be religious to take pride in your work. That isn't what I am talking about though. What I am talking about is being thankful for the opportunity that was given to you.
I know of a man raised as an evangelical Christian and went to Moody Bible Institute. He was so devout he learned ancient Greek, Latin, Hebrew, and Aramaic just to read and study the Bible. He got a PhD, teaches Bible Studies at Chapel Hill University, and now he's agnostic.

I know of a man raised as an evangelical Christian and went to Moody Bible Institute. He was so devout he learned ancient Greek, Latin, Hebrew, and Aramaic just to read and study the Bible. He got a PhD, teaches Bible Studies at Chapel Hill University, and now he's agnostic.

Satan, duh.

No doubt there is a full distribution out there.

Personally I don't think I would have gone to all of that trouble. Did he give a reason for becoming agnostic?

Personally I don't think I would have gone to all of that trouble. Did he give a reason for becoming agnostic?

I'd be interested in hearing his answer, but it sounds like he only understood God with his brain. The other parts are your heart (body) and will.

Yeah right. What would a devout Muslim tell his children about Jesus? I guarantee it would be very different than what you would tell them. A small percentage of people change their but the vast majority die in the faith they were born into.
Missionaries
Seems kind of random.

That missionaries would share the gospel with people who havent heard it yet? Its Only been going on for 2000 years

Please provide the data that "experimentally" observes the gods creating adult humans.

It's in the Book of Genesis.

What "fake science" are you describing? Please describe the sexual reproduction that science can't explain.

I just did. The evos are the ones who claim the egg came first, just like a single-cell sprang up from a geyser or volcano. We know there is no evidence of a single-cell by abiogenesis. We also know that single-cell asexual reproduction does not become sexual reproduction. We observe this does not happen. It goes to show that you believe in the myths and lies of Satan.

As you know, the Genesis fable is a contradictory mess. In addition, nothing in the various bibles experimentally observes anything. All of the various bibles are books written by men.

Regarding your chicken and egg nonsense, science does not claim an egg came first. Did you get that from your ID’iot creation ministries?

hs.gif

Pfft. That website may as well be atheists' dogma. Where is the diagram like the one I presented? How about the whales transformation? I asked for one from Fort Fun Indiana, but he could not provide one. Or how about tailed to tailless monkey? You claim we have vestigial organs.

The website I linked to is fully attributed and referenced. The diagram you cut and pasted has no reference and is meaningless without proper attribution.

If you want to learn about whale evolution, you can start here:

The Origin of Whales and the Power of Independent Evidence

What do the various bibles tell us about whales? If I wanted to learn about whales, where would I look in any of the Bibles?

Yes. If you want to learn about vestigial organs, you can look here:

CB360: Function of vestigial organs.

CB361.1: Vestigial organs' past function.

If I wanted to learn about vestigial organs, where would I look in any of the Bibles?

Have you noticed a pattern where falsehoods, misinformation and lies about science and biological evolution so often emanate from your ID’iot creation ministries?

Yeah right. What would a devout Muslim tell his children about Jesus? I guarantee it would be very different than what you would tell them. A small percentage of people change their but the vast majority die in the faith they were born into.
Missionaries
Seems kind of random.

That missionaries would share the gospel with people who havent heard it yet? Its Only been going on for 2000 years

That missionaries would share the gospel ...

were the 4th century christian rendering true that would have been incumbent on the savior to inform all living beings what the christian bible has claimed to be true which not only did not occur but the "savior" did not leave a physical verification for even the local population.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
the above is a forgery ... to entrap the followers of the church of the roman empire.

I don't have a problem with allegory. I have seen very few religious people who understand the concept.

Not everyone would agree:
No kidding. On the other hand, do we have any other Biblical book outside the Gospel of John (even the letters from John or Revelation) that insist even non-Christians must believe in Jesus?

As I said before, I totally believe Jesus' words. I'm merely pointing out that Jesus never said word one about people people of other faiths who do not hear of him. In fact, what Jesus was doing was saying God embraces, not just Jews, but Gentiles as well. How many are on the "Way" that is Jesus without even knowing it is the Way? Who is anyone to limit God?

Forum List

Back