The Holy Spirit: If you don't have It, you can never understand It.

For all those, who are not Christian, and those who claim to be Christian, yet are not, this is very simple.

If you don't have The Holy Spirit living inside of you, then there is no way at all, that you can understand or know what a true Christian understands and knows. You are like the disciples of Jesus, who walked with Him every day, yet did not understand anything He was teaching until their eyes were opened, by the Holy Spirit.

So please, continue to tell me what you don't know, because I don't believe you are wrong, I know it. I've had that mustard seed before, and I hope to have it again.(look it up).

Who died and made you chief?
m0916.gif
Jesus!

And He appoints many chiefs. But, alas, I am just a brave, and don't have the courage, yet, to be a chief. you see, chiefs are held to a higher standard than mere braves are held too.

For all those, who are not Christian, and those who claim to be Christian, yet are not, this is very simple.

If you don't have The Holy Spirit living inside of you, then there is no way at all, that you can understand or know what a true Christian understands and knows. You are like the disciples of Jesus, who walked with Him every day, yet did not understand anything He was teaching until their eyes were opened, by the Holy Spirit.

So please, continue to tell me what you don't know, because I don't believe you are wrong, I know it. I've had that mustard seed before, and I hope to have it again.(look it up).

How come people who claim to have the holy spirit always turn out to be frauds?

If you don't have The Holy Spirit living inside of you, then there is no way at all, that you can understand or know what a true Christian understands and knows

David Berkowitz (former Son of Sam) could say the same thing about his communications with his neighbor's dog 'Sam'

No disrespect intended, but when you have a secret communication others cannot understand or enter into unless they share a particular belief...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Holy Spirit in Christianity is the complete opposite of "the voices" that David Berkowitz was listening to.

If you don't have The Holy Spirit living inside of you, then there is no way at all, that you can understand or know what a true Christian understands and knows

David Berkowitz (former Son of Sam) could say the same thing about his communications with his neighbor's dog 'Sam'

No disrespect intended, but when you have a secret communication others cannot understand or enter into unless they share a particular belief...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Holy Spirit in Christianity is the complete opposite of "the voices" that David Berkowitz was listening to.
Really? What about Abraham listening to voices telling him to murder his own son?

Jesus was way cool
Anything he wanted to do, he could
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to I bet
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines
Jesus was way cool

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Really? What about Abraham listening to voices telling him to murder his own son?
>>>>>>>>>

That was a test of Abraham's faith and showed Gods faithfulness.
“So I will certainly bless you. I will make your children after you as many as the stars in the sky. I will make them as many as the grains of sand on the seashore. Your children will take over the cities of their enemies. All nations on earth will be blessed because of your children. All of that will happen because you have obeyed Me.” -Genesis 22:17-18

Son of Sam ended up brutally killing like 15 or 16 people. I recently saw part of this on Netflix. Right before I turned it off ...he was telling his public defender not to ever let him out because the voices would not leave him alone.
Mental illness??

Who said I believe in a soul? Please show me in the Bible where it says only your soul will be resurrected.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

2nd Corinthians 5:8, “We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God... And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." —Acts 7:56,59

Do we have a soul? Rather than discuss the theological and philosophical implications of the question I will simply tell you what the Bible says. The words “soul” and “souls” are used many times in the Bible; however most of the time the words refer to a person, not some type of spiritual entity. An example is Joshua 10:39: “And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein.”

However, there are a few verses which tend to show there is something called the soul which is an eternal spiritual creation. I will give a few examples (all verses are from the KJV).

The first example is from Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” This particular verse establishes that there are those who can kill the body but not the soul; in other words, the soul survives physical death.

The second example is from Matthew 16:24-26 (see also Mark 8:36): “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” These verses warn that by a man's conduct he may gain material wealth but lose his soul. Since there is no way to prevent the inevitable loss of his physical life, Matthew is obviously speaking about something which is not inevitable and that is the death of the soul. It is the soul which is forever lost or forever saved by the deeds of a man.

Whether believers receive a restored human body in the resurrection is another question. Many Christians believe they do while other Christians disagree. Those who believe that physical death is followed by purely spiritual existence rely on what Paul has said:

“But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: ….. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” (1 Corinthians 15:35-37, 50-53, highlights my own).

Those who argue that heavenly existence includes human form point out that Christ was resurrected and ascended in physical form, and even Elijah went bodily up to heaven: “And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven” (2 Kings 2:11).

I've told you what the Bible says and how others interpret the Book . My personal thoughts are too complex to explain. However, I will offer my opinion on one subject that is not often discussed: What is a soul? I will define it as an awareness of everything we have ever said or done or felt or thought during our existence. Further, the soul has the ability to create the same physical sensations we experienced during our lifetime and to fully experience anything we desire to imagine. In other words, the soul is perfect knowledge.

I speak of the knowledge of the saints of Islam.

"Without doubt in the remembrance of Allah (God) do hearts find satisfaction."

The Holy Qur'an, The Thunder - Surah 13 - V 28

First, life without consciousness of the presence of God is death, called life. Second, when the soul does not get its spiritual sustenance, it becomes troubled and suffers.

The Christians are grandly mistaken. It's not a Holy Spirit that lives inside one. It's one who keeps his heart and his soul alive by the remembrance of God, Zikr, Zikrullah in Arabic.

Forum List

Back