THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE ~ Best promo stunt ever for ALS. All can play!!!

xFCc4.gif

Captain Picard of the Starship Enterprise has his own way of taking the Ice Bucket Challenge

What is ALS - The ALS Association

Um, ok.

Facts You Should Know - The ALS Association

Facts You Should Know:

* ALS is not contagious.

* It is estimated that ALS is responsible for nearly two deaths per hundred thousand population annually.

* Approximately 5,600 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS each year. The incidence of ALS is two per 100,000 people, and it is estimated that as many as 30,000 Americans may have the disease at any given time.

Wow, 30,000 something must be done! Let's get right on this! Priority 1 scramble scramble!

"There are currently around 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States of America (USA), with 16 percent unaware of their infection."
HIV AIDS in USA AVERT

"In 2014, there will be an estimated 1,665,540 new cancer cases diagnosed and 585,720 cancer deaths in the US. Cancer remains the second most common cause of death in the US, accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths."
Cancer Facts Figures 2014

Maybe we have other more pressing priorities? Let's put some tires on the car before we worry about refilling the windshield wiper fluid ya know.

so get the aids people to come up with a thing like this.....

I figured this would be fun thread. Politically, I understand the concerns of the GLTQ folks on Aides. I work with their political arm, and agree they should have come up with a promotion like this, but they didn't. So, in a free enterprise economic system ALS wins. In light of this every charity should reviewing why their marketing people did not come up with this, and I am looking directly at the United Way,Where Does My United Way Money Go and the Salvation Army Financials Salvation Army Annual Report. Too much of their donations goes for the comfortable lives for their executives, rather than the people they are supposed to be helping. I wouldn't give either of them a dime.

Salvation.army.hq.london.arp.jpg

Salvation Army World Headquarters, London
And, you thought they were a bare bones garage operation somewhere.
Actually, they should be. Wearing a suit to work. Really?

Yes, Harry, there is some heavy duty politicking going on here six weeks before a national election. I figured it out after finding one source accidentally. There are some very pissed off people about the success of this thing, and I am going to just sit back and enjoy this mystery until someone in USMB figures it out! Do the words, "Major political coo" ring a bell?

2010_Scadden.jpg

Discover who this man is, and you will get the whole thing.

Last edited:
Sitting at an outside bar the other day and watched five girls do this.

the Guys loved it. lol

but it is a pretty cool idea

Forum List

Back