The Impossible Burger

There is a good documentary I believe on Netflix about the impossible burger - and it is IMPOSSIBLY bad for you. It is essentially a crusty blob of chemicals.
It is not just bad for you. But exceptionally bad for you.
It is literally made in a factory using a multitude of chemicals/preservatives and high in sodium.

There is a good documentary I believe on Netflix about the impossible burger - and it is IMPOSSIBLY bad for you. It is essentially a crusty blob of chemicals.
It is literally made in a factory using a multitude of chemicals/preservatives and high in sodium.
Well, that makes sense.

I don't know about the Impossible burger, but in general veggie burgers are better than the the antibiotic and pesticide-laden corpse of a sick, tortured animal.

Found it. It is not on Netflix. It is on Tubi.

Watching it now. Thanks!

I don't know about the Impossible burger, but in general veggie burgers are better than the the antibiotic and pesticide-laden corpse of a sick, tortured animal.
I buy beef from local people who raise grass-fed cows with no antibiotics.

Nothing tastes better. They taste nothing like grocery store beef.

My wife, being who she is, once asked me when we bought our first half cow what the cow's name was.

I went back to the guy I bought the meat from and asked him. He looked at me quizzically and said, "I just called him fucker."

We still talk about how good Fucker tasted. :lol:

There are health concerns about the impossible burger. Many of the other brans contain soy which is not the best thing for you either. However, Beyond Burges ( and sausages) are based on Pea Protien. There is also the Bubba Burger, that is really just minimally processed vegies. ( a little mushy)

1694820580884.png

Many of the other brans contain soy which is not the best thing for you either
I gave you a thumbs down for the above sentence. But I agree with the rest.

I haven't had the impossible burger in a very long time. Everyone thinks vegans eat this stuff daily. I don't. But I like them, and this thread is making me hungry for one. I may get the Burger King version this weekend

Curiosity got the better of me and I went to Burger King and tried one of their meatless Impossible Whoppers.

This topic is written in order to prevent others from making the same mistake.

I took a bite. I will describe the flavor below. So then I thought, "Well, maybe it's an acquired taste" and took another bite.

Then I chucked it in the trash and asked them to make me a real Whopper.

So what does impossible beef taste like, you may be wondering.

Imagine you pulled an all-nighter out on the town, drinking Jägermeister, peach schnapps, brandy, and Jello shots. Just before you pass out, the Jägermeister kicks in and you devour all the bark on the lower 10 feet of a palm tree. Then you stumble home and pass out. In the morning, you awaken and puke through your mouth, nose, and ears onto a carpet which has not been vacuumed in the past six months.

You then scoop some of that mess up and fry it in a pan.

That's what impossible beef tastes like.

It's called "impossible" because it is impossible to eat more than two bites of that shit.
So. You liked it.

First off, let's stop with euphemisms. The word "beef" might make you feel better, but what it actually is is a dead rotting animal.

Secondly, that's not all that's in ground up cow. Here you go:

for-all-those-who-think-meat-is-a-single-ingredient-and-v0-2mv3m06tiab81.webp

In fact, red 'meat' is classified as a type 2 carcinogen.

Lastly, even though obviously whole plantfoods are better than processed food like veggie burgers, just because you listed a bunch of ingredients doesn't mean they are all bad. A few of them might be, but definitely not all.

So nice try but you can have the hormones, antibiotics, pus, fecal bacteria and other nasty things in the rotting corpse you're eating, I'll take plant-derived ingredients any day.

Forum List

Back