...the J6 Hearing's about the attack on our democracy ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don Vito Corleone: "Make him an offer he can't refuse".....but don't break the law.

How cool is that?

He actually did. Several times. See, this is what happens when you live in the cult bubble. The conspiracy to overturn the election goes far beyond just the hillbilly insurrection at the Capitol. Once again, not watching the hearings bites you in the ass.
Show me President Trump telling someone to break the law.

"Show me President Trump telling someone to break the law."
Show me the Godfather telling someone to shoot someone.

Your dancing around Trump's central culpability for what happened on J6 is getting silly, poster Filter.

Do this, quit wasting the forum's time....and pull up the hearings on YouTube. Watch 'em with purpose and a willingness to listen closely. Educate yourself. Become a self learner ala' YouTube.
It's all on YouTube.

Trust me.

Your dancing around Trump's central culpability for what happened on J6 is getting silly, poster Filter.

Do this, quit wasting the forum's time....and pull up the hearings on YouTube. Watch 'em with purpose and a willingness to listen closely. Educate yourself. Become a self learner ala' YouTube.
It's all on YouTube.

Trust me.
I have watched the hearings. Haven't seen President Trump tell anyone to break any laws. Perhaps you have something to show me. Well?

I am not doing that exercise. You say that his words at his event did not suggest anything nefarious, because he covered that by uttering "peaceful". Yet those who attended swore he encouraged and/or asked them to storm the Capitol. Judges are saying this. DOJ prosecutors are saying it confidently in court.

But none of what they have as evidence or have to say convinces you.

Not much I can do about that, now is there? I don't have access to any information that you do not. May Trump be lucky enough to have you on his jury.

All I can say is that he is not going to be prosecuted on one specific charge that is only "His ellipse speech caused the riot". It won't play out that way in court. You would have a point to say his speech is protected political speech, if this were the only bit of evidence lying about and the only charge made in court. So would the Trump defense team.

But the words of the speech absolutely will be woven into the larger fraud and obstruction charges. Surely you get that. No?
Come on dude, there are people out there, that if he said "the grass is red!", someone would say "Trump told me to paint the grass red!". You're trying to attribute what some people said, to something Trump never said. Trump never told anyone to attack the capitol, and yes, I'm saying that his telling people to be peaceful is relevant, because words matter. If he tells them to be peaceful, then you can't turn around and say "he told them to be violent!".... I suppose you are trying to suggest that Trump used psychology on them...by riling them up and then telling them to go to the capitol and peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard, but in secret, hope that they would storm the Capitol and do violence. Is that what you believe happened?

May Trump be lucky enough to have you on his jury.

So, once again, I'll invite you to scour my post history and show me where I've ever supported Trump. I'll say it like this, I don't care enough about him to care whether or not he goes to jail. If he is found guilty of crimes that warrant that punishment, then so be it, if he is found not guilty, then so be it. The difference between you and I is that, for you, there is no "not guilty" possibility. You've made up your mind, and no matter what the doj comes up with, you will always believe he is guilty. You've likely believed that since the very beginning.

It's all on YouTube.

Trust me.
The J6 hearings are not going to get you any closer to the truth. Those hearings were nothing but a partisan show, put on for the publics consumption, choreographed in such a manner as to tell you exactly what they wanted you to hear.

"The J6 hearings are not going to get you any closer to the truth."
I respectfully disagree.
The hearings offered us more truth about that event....prior, during, and after.

And, I believe those hearings had an ...(albeit non-quantifiable) ... impact on the mid-term elections. An impact that interpreted as 'denier' candidates tanking, and the GOP as a whole underperformed the historical norm. I believe the J6 revelations influenced that.

Speaking of those J6 Congressional hearings.....I'd highly recommend to all to read the long piece in today's New York Times' Sunday Magazine about some details of the behind-the-scenes preparation for the hearings. It is a fascinating piece on one of the year's biggest most portentous events.

I honestly don't know if a paywall will keep non-subscribers from reading it.....but give it a try.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try pull some 'taster' tidbits out of it.

If you want to know just how and why the Committee came to be....who made what decision that led to what aspect....well, this is as good an exposition that I have read to date.

I have watched the hearings. Haven't seen President Trump tell anyone to break any laws. Perhaps you have something to show me. Well?
Trump was quoted as saying he wanted the Mags to be taken down so they could enter the building with weapons.

Trump told them to fight like hell and they did, illegally. The ones arrested told us they did so under his orders.

The J6 hearings are not going to get you any closer to the truth. Those hearings were nothing but a partisan show, put on for the publics consumption, choreographed in such a manner as to tell you exactly what they wanted you to hear.
There is such a thing as being 180 degrees wrong. That would be you.

Come on dude, there are people out there, that if he said "the grass is red!", someone would say "Trump told me to paint the grass red!". You're trying to attribute what some people said, to something Trump never said. Trump never told anyone to attack the capitol, and yes, I'm saying that his telling people to be peaceful is relevant, because words matter. If he tells them to be peaceful, then you can't turn around and say "he told them to be violent!".... I suppose you are trying to suggest that Trump used psychology on them...by riling them up and then telling them to go to the capitol and peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard, but in secret, hope that they would storm the Capitol and do violence. Is that what you believe happened?

So, once again, I'll invite you to scour my post history and show me where I've ever supported Trump. I'll say it like this, I don't care enough about him to care whether or not he goes to jail. If he is found guilty of crimes that warrant that punishment, then so be it, if he is found not guilty, then so be it. The difference between you and I is that, for you, there is no "not guilty" possibility. You've made up your mind, and no matter what the doj comes up with, you will always believe he is guilty. You've likely believed that since the very beginning.
Taking the Mags down cancels out peaceful. Get a clue.

Eat turds, leftist shitbird. If the 1/6 riot was an insurrection; Every last one of the Democrat sponsored riots for 4 years consecutive was insurrection as well; And so was Hollywood celebs trying to sway the Electoral College in 2016.
AND Facebook and Twitter and the FBI putting their thumbs on the scales of an American election.
Funny thing: There were no guns or burning anything on 1/6/2020.
Keep pushing the bullshit and there will be guns; Fuck That! Americans are nowhere near as stupid as you assholes assume they are. You're about to get yourselves all kinds of fucked up.
You just don't learn do you.

---------------------------------

Seriously, good poster ThisIs.....see the link in post #250 above.
The link provided there may be able to offer you a broader view of how those hearings came to be.

(Oh hell, here it is again: Inside the Jan. 6 Committee

Was there anyone on the committee on behalf of Trump? No. Was there anyone on the committee who hadn't already stated their disdain for trump? No. Was there anyone on that committee who hadn't voted to impeach Trump twice? No. Was there anyone on that committee who didn't go into it without a pre conceived notion about what they wanted the result of the committee to be? No.

So,.no, it was not bi partisan. Yes, I know the kinsinger and Cheney are "republicans", but they were anything but unbiased...
Most of the witnesses who testified against Trump were Republicans. It was definitely bi-partisan. The folks on the committee only went by the evidence.

Poster ThisIs asks the forum this question: "Was there anyone on the committee on behalf of Trump? No."

Well, poster....not for lack of trying.
The Committee invited...even subpoenaed Trump to testify on behalf of himself.

In addition, not only did he refuse to explain himself under oath....so did a bunch of his enablers. More than 30 of them, rather than testify in behalf of Trump....well, they plead the 5th. (WTH?)

So you see, the Committee struggled mightily to have Trump and many of his allies come in and offer exculpatory explanations for Trump's behavior.

Not to mention McCarthy & McConnell refused ---torpedoed ---the intention to establish a '9/11-type' Committee of 7 Republicans and 7 Democrats (none of them holding elective office)....to investigate the J6 seditious attack on our electoral process.

In the end, the Committee resorted to Republican officials, and Republican White House staffers to explain what they saw and heard. And they could do so "on behalf" of Trump....as long as they adhered to their sworn oath to tell the truth. And we saw what we saw. And heard what we heard.

Democrats use the word "democracy" a lot. What does "attack on our democracy" mean?
I can't speak for Democrats.
For one thing, I ain't one, but.....as the OP what I meant was the attack on the Capitol of the United States on J6 by an organized ----and unorganized ----group of Trump supporters who thought that if they could stop the counting of the Constitutionally mandated Electoral College ballots.....their preferred man could stay in office, and the winner of both the popular vote and the EC vote, Joe Biden, would not be allowed to assume the Presidency.

Thus, I interpreted that intention ---and it's linked very violent actions---as an attack on our democracy.

Forum List

Back