The Judge's Parents Were Illegals.

yep. it's clear you are desperate to make a connection that isn't there

I know, right? Being a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyer Association doesn't mean anything. There's no way he's connected with a racist extremist organization. :cuckoo:
Are they "racist"? Home

How about these guys? Black Women Lawyers Foundation

Would a group named the White Male Lawyers Foundation be racist?
That was just about every lawyers group for about 200 years! No Mexicans allowed. No Jews allowed. And sure as shit no negroes allowed!

So? Is it racist or not?

No. Anyone can join . They aren't some group formed to be against other people .

I know, right? Being a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyer Association doesn't mean anything. There's no way he's connected with a racist extremist organization. :cuckoo:
Are they "racist"? Home

That was just about every lawyers group for about 200 years! No Mexicans allowed. No Jews allowed. And sure as shit no negroes allowed!

So? Is it racist or not?
History shows white men's legal organizations were very racist and sexist.

What you tards fail to understand is the difference between a group which advocates racial equality and one which advocates racial superiority.

Please show us the judge's association is the latter and not the former.

Good luck with that.
If it excludes non-Hispanics, is it racist?

The judge has no such ties.

Should have recused himself from the case. He is biased against Trump.

Report: Trump University Judge Linked to Group that Calls for Boycott of Trump’s Businesses

Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing a fraud case against Trump University, is reportedly a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, which is affiliated with the Hispanic National Bar Association.

The Hispanic National Bar Association sent out a press release last summer after Donald Trump, who is now the presumptive Republican nominee, announced he was running for president and created a controversy by discussing illegal immigration and crime during his announcement speech.

The press release stated the organization’s mission to target Trump’s “business interests,” according to the Conservative Treehouse...

More:
Judge Linked to Group that Calls for Boycott of Trump Businesses

Linked?

Freedom of association is a constitutional right.

Really? Then why does a baker have to make a wedding cake for queers?

Because equal protection under the law is a constitutional right.

Your understanding of "equal protection" means people don't have freedom of association. You can have one or the other, but not both.

WTF?
Do you even know what you're trying to say?

Are they "racist"? Home

So? Is it racist or not?
History shows white men's legal organizations were very racist and sexist.

What you tards fail to understand is the difference between a group which advocates racial equality and one which advocates racial superiority.

Please show us the judge's association is the latter and not the former.

Good luck with that.
If it excludes non-Hispanics, is it racist?
If we exclude bripat from our organizations, are we anti bripat or simply exercising superior judgment.

Should have recused himself from the case. He is biased against Trump.

Report: Trump University Judge Linked to Group that Calls for Boycott of Trump’s Businesses

Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing a fraud case against Trump University, is reportedly a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, which is affiliated with the Hispanic National Bar Association.

The Hispanic National Bar Association sent out a press release last summer after Donald Trump, who is now the presumptive Republican nominee, announced he was running for president and created a controversy by discussing illegal immigration and crime during his announcement speech.

The press release stated the organization’s mission to target Trump’s “business interests,” according to the Conservative Treehouse...

More:
Judge Linked to Group that Calls for Boycott of Trump Businesses

Linked?

Your understanding of "equal protection" means people don't have freedom of association. You can have one or the other, but not both.

WTF?
bripat is similar to trumphuc. He simply thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants.

Linked?

WTF?
bripat is similar to trumphuc. He simply thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants.

He is definitely one of the biggest dopes on the board.

WTF?

He is definitely one of the biggest dopes on the board.
He is very young, in a half way house, and is on heavy meds. For true! The USMB access is part of the monitored therapy for him. I have not seen any improvement in him in coherency or stability of thought.

[

No. Anyone can join . They aren't some group formed to be against other people .

{
Our purpose is to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for Latino attorneys and the Latino community in San Diego County through service and advocacy. We are dedicated to promoting diversity on both the bench and bar.}

Join or Renew! | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association

Looks like you're lying.

As always.

Cool...can you show us his rulings on immigration then?

The man risked his life for years going after Mexican drug smugglers.

Somehow, that translates into being "pro-immigration" in the Trumpolian Playbook.

Being a member of a pro-immigration lawyers group is what proves he is pro-immigration.

He's a member of a hispanic lawyers group...kind of like there are Jewish lawyer groups, black lawyer groups....

Yep, and if a judge who was a member of a Jewish lawyers group was presiding over a trial of a former member of the Wermacht, the defense would ask to have him taken off the case.

I doubt that.

Legal Experts Absolutely Rip Trump Over ‘Bigoted’ Claim Judge Has ‘Conflict of Interest’

...“First off, the organization, there is a political advocacy organization called La Raza which does do advocacy. That is not the group the judge is a part of. He is part of a different group that is also called La Raza [Lawyers of San Diego] which is simply a lawyer’s fraternal organization,” Toobin added. “It is never grounds for recusal.”

In addition, if Trump’s lawyers were to file a motion for recusal, there is a possibility they could be sanctioned. Lawyers in the case, MacDraw v. CIT Financial, tried to do just that. The attorneys claimed that federal Judge Denny Chin should be recused because he was appointed by the “Clinton Administration” and because of his race and ethnicity. Judge Chin imposed sanctions, and the United States Court of Appeals Second Circuit upheld them on appeal.

“Judge Chin’s imposition of sanctions was well within his discretion,” the circuit judges wrote.

What’s more, even Trump’s own surrogate, Kayleigh McEnany, who attends Harvard Law School, disagreed with Trump’s reasoning.

“He should have not mentioned the Judge’s heritage. There is no a viable argument there that because of his heritage that he is somehow biased,” McEnany said on CNN Thursday night.

Somehow, that translates into being "pro-immigration" in the Trumpolian Playbook.

Distributing scholarship money to people who are in the United States ILLEGALLY in VIOLATION OF US LAW , WHILE YOU ARE A SITTING JUDGE! In my book, that is a problem. Sorry that you can't seem to make that connection.

Scholarships were given to Dream Act recipients. Perfectly legal.

I don't think that is true. According to what I've read, at least one (or more) were here illegally.

Got a link?

What I saw, was one - only one - described himself as "illegal" according to this: Five Things to Know About Donald Trump’s Criticism of Judge Gonzalo Curiel

Judge Curiel has served as one of several members of the organization’s committee in charge of awarding scholarships to students. Trump supporters have noted that at least one of the past scholarship recipients described himself as an undocumented immigrant. Mr. Osuna said the judge’s involvement with the organization “like his ethnicity, is irrelevant to his ability to objectively preside over the Trump U matters.”​

A claim which was based on this program for a 2014 dinner, for which Judge Curiel served as a member of the selection committee:
Screen-Shot-2016-05-31-at-1.26.27-AM-740x547.png

The only one who talks about being illegal is Ricardo Elorza, and he also talked about the Dream act. When I googled him, nothing came up about him being illegal. And - if, as he stated, he is now an attorney - he can't possibly be illegal can he?

Probably. In California, illegals can be lawyers, Doctors, City Council members, etc...They have CA drivers licenses.

The reality is that many of them vote too. All they have to do is "Attest" that they are legal. No ID of any kind is required to register, or to vote. It's all on the "Honor system".

I doubt they can be lawyers.

Do you have evidence that many of them vote? Most of the time, the claim is made but very little evidence provided other than a few odd cases where there was confusion on immigrant status.

Well, he has distributed scholarships to illegal aliens, and he belongs to an organization that sends lawyers to the border to ensure that no illegal aliens' "human rights" are violated. The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association -- "La Raza" meaning THE RACE. He is obviously pro illegal immigration and very active as an "hispanic".

It boggles my mind that you are even attempting to stretch this into being comparable to the KKK. Sounds like an act of desperation, not to mention inaccuracy.

It is not out of line to question his ability to be an objective judge in light of Trumps promising to crack down on illegal immigration and build a wall.

It is if it depends on fiction to demonize the judge (like being a member of La Raza) and - the more Trump puffs and bellows, the more his supporters jump on the bandwagon and attack the judge.

How much do they really know about him and his record? Not much apparently, since all they come up with is a sort of "guilt by association" many times removed.

All I am saying is that is its fair to question this judge's ability to be non biased towards Trump.
Trump's lawyers have never filed a motion to have the judge removed so why the fuck should anyone care? If Trump's insinuations were true or had any merit don't you suppose his lawyers would have done so by now?
Face it, Trump got pissed at the judge, lashed out publicly & you fell for it.
The silence speaks volumes

My silence = logging off. Pardon me if I don't wait around with bated breath for replies to my posts. .... :rofl:

Regardless of whether Trump's lawyers have filed motions to remove La Raza Curiel- there is nothing "racist" about Trump's remarks.

Except Curiel is not associated with La Raza. :rolleyes-41:

That is nonsense.

They became citizens.

And if they did not, who cares?

Curiel was born in the US. End of story.

What possible impact can Curiels parents immigration status have to do with a case about a fraudulent university?
It's been explained at least a dozen times, you stupid douche bag. Acting like some deer caught in the head lights who doesn't understand he's about to flattened doesn't make a convincing argument.

You believe a judge must align with a defendant on all issues ? Even those unrelated to the case at hand?

And what if there are plaintiffs in the lawsuit who are liberals? Doesn't that make a Trump-friendly judge biased against them?

Distributing scholarship money to people who are in the United States ILLEGALLY in VIOLATION OF US LAW , WHILE YOU ARE A SITTING JUDGE! In my book, that is a problem. Sorry that you can't seem to make that connection.

Scholarships were given to Dream Act recipients. Perfectly legal.

I don't think that is true. According to what I've read, at least one (or more) were here illegally.

Got a link?

What I saw, was one - only one - described himself as "illegal" according to this: Five Things to Know About Donald Trump’s Criticism of Judge Gonzalo Curiel

Judge Curiel has served as one of several members of the organization’s committee in charge of awarding scholarships to students. Trump supporters have noted that at least one of the past scholarship recipients described himself as an undocumented immigrant. Mr. Osuna said the judge’s involvement with the organization “like his ethnicity, is irrelevant to his ability to objectively preside over the Trump U matters.”​

A claim which was based on this program for a 2014 dinner, for which Judge Curiel served as a member of the selection committee:
Screen-Shot-2016-05-31-at-1.26.27-AM-740x547.png

The only one who talks about being illegal is Ricardo Elorza, and he also talked about the Dream act. When I googled him, nothing came up about him being illegal. And - if, as he stated, he is now an attorney - he can't possibly be illegal can he?

Probably. In California, illegals can be lawyers, Doctors, City Council members, etc...They have CA drivers licenses.

The reality is that many of them vote too. All they have to do is "Attest" that they are legal. No ID of any kind is required to register, or to vote. It's all on the "Honor system".

I doubt they can be lawyers.

Do you have evidence that many of them vote? Most of the time, the claim is made but very little evidence provided other than a few odd cases where there was confusion on immigrant status.

You're a very naive person.

Illegals can be lawyers- Undocumented immigrant can practice law in California, court rules - CNN.com

Illegals can vote in California - I live in California. Plenty of illegals vote. You simply "attest" that you are legal and that is it. Nobody verifies a thing, In fact, it is ILLEGAL to ask for Identification or proof of citizenship..

The plot thickens. The liberal slander against Trump is looking more and more baseless and absurd:

The sometimes controversial scoop journalist that runs GotNews.comhas published documents that raise questions about the citizenship status of the parents of federal Judge Gonzalo Curiel, presiding over a suit against Trump University.

Charles C. Johnson put up documents showing that Curiel's father crossed the U.S. border with Mexico at least twice and might not have become a U.S. citizen.

He also published images of the death certificates of the judge's parents that apparently show no Social Security number.

"GotNews.com can find no evidence that Curiel's parents ever became U.S. citizens. For all we know, Judge Curiel is an anchor baby," he wrote.
Wow- Mr. Johnson found out something that might have- or not have happened.

That is cutting edge Right Wing Nut job journalism there.

Next I am going to provide proof that Trump might- or might not have defrauded college students.

Forum List

Back