The Juke Box II

Ok what I want to hear are mini-concerts...5 awesome songs by the same band. Live recordings are best. I will start

Forgotten Legends Vol I - Mini Concert

APRIL WINE

I had a kick ass mix of April Wine on two CDs and loaned them to a student of mine who was of the millennial generation. She had never heard of April Wine so I loaned her my CDs. At the end of the semester I asked for them back and she said "oh you aren't getting them back ever. Fuck you. Just forget it. Flunk me, I don't fucking care. It's about all my friends and I listen to now." It was worth the loss of the CDs to turn on a millennial to classic awesomeness.

I also haven't heard of that band before, although a couple of the songs sound vaguely familiar.

Maybe later I'll do a Led Zeppelin mini concert. They are one of my favorite oldies rock bands. :)

Here is a song that came up on a game I play. I remember really liking this song but had been so long since I heard it that I looked it up on youtube. Had no idea there was a group called The Babys but I sure recognized the lead singer. First song I ever associated with him was Change in the very vintage MTV days

"The Babys" is a pretty funny band name! :lol: They should have a song called "Ga-ga, goo-goo."

Here is a song that came up on a game I play. I remember really liking this song but had been so long since I heard it that I looked it up on youtube. Had no idea there was a group called The Babys but I sure recognized the lead singer. First song I ever associated with him was Change in the very vintage MTV days

"The Babys" is a pretty funny band name! :lol: They should have a song called "Ga-ga, goo-goo."

I have not heard the group name before but I remember the song from back when I was about 9ish? The lead singer is John Waite who had a solo career along with being the lead for the band Bad English. He sure had that late 70's early 80's look though lol

WARNING! DO NOT WATCH THIS WHILE DRINKING A COKE!

This one rivals it for silliness, I think. :D

That was the craze of the time...to d mime and the robot well was huge. It was liken to people voguing in the late 80's early 90's. The outfits fit the genre of early 80's. And remember this sort of thing was at the predawn or dawn of videos so there were no budgets. This looks like it was on a show like Dance Fever or something similar

I posted the version with lyrics because this song is so brilliant. The music is incredible and uses a lot of unorthodox tonality. But the lyrics tell the story of "Aqualung" (an old man breathing off an oxygen tank while he watches children play on the playground in the park) who everyone thinks is a pedophile, but in reality he has no such thoughts. He is just a sick, homeless, dying, old man that deserves compassion instead of contempt. The harder music sections at the beginning and the end are what other people see...the softer music in the middle is what he is really doing according to someone who sees reality (btw...a dog end is a cigarette butt). The song is about making assumptions to rid yourself of the burden of helping someone in need.

Last edited:
I posted the version with lyrics because this song is so brilliant. The music is incredible and uses a lot of unorthodox tonality. But the lyrics tell the story of "Aqualung" (an old man breathing off an oxygen tank while he watches children play on the playground in the park) who everyone thinks is a pedophile, but in reality he has no such thoughts. He is just a sick, homeless, dying, old man that deserves compassion instead of contempt. The harder music sections at the beginning and the end are what other people see...the softer music in the middle is what he is really doing according to someone who sees reality (btw...a dog end is a cigarette butt). The song is about making assumptions to rid yourself of the burden of helping someone in need.

Hmm. I would have to disagree. I believe the song is about a pedophile. In the second line of the song, it says "watching little girls with bad intent."

Sitting on a park bench
Eyeing little girls
With bad intent.

Snot running down his nose
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Drying in the cold sun
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Feeling like a dead duck
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck.

Sun streaking cold
An old man wandering lonely.
Taking time