The Juke Box II

ok...you know when you are a kid and you are all heartbroken because your girlfriend broke up with you. You sit in your room and play depressing music and weep into your pillow hoping no one will ever know? Yeah this is one I listened to over and over when my girlfriend Tonya and I broke up. Damn I was pitiful. :lol:

Ok this one is a special song for me that I haven't heard in probably 20 years. It's apparently about John Lennon but I remember it hit a particular nerve with me because I felt it described me and also because as I was a singer it fit my falsetto very well. But I remember singing this over and over in melancholy days when I was convinced that there was not a person in the world that understood me. Jeez....what an arrogant, self-entitled ass I was. :lol: But still it's a FANTASTIC song.

Ok I think we have played out Billy Squier. thanks for enduring my rediscovery. One last note: it was Billy Squier that turned me on to telecasters. I have always loved how telecasters sound and have preferred them ever since. Thank you Billy for the music and turning me on to the Fender Telecaster

Simon & Garfunkle: He was my brother

SchwernerChaneyGoodman.jpg

Man that's a great song. Rare too. Not many people know that one. I first heard it when I was about 19 (about 25 years ago or so) and thought it was a really great unknown song. Thank for the reminder.

It's one of my long time favorites - I grew up on Simon and Garfunkle :) Their songs are musical poetry...and this one has always affected me.

Forum List

Back