The Last Bastion of Allowable Prejudice.

How silly. Christianity has complete freedom in the US to express itself fully. The problem with some Christians, is they are not content to stay in their churches, but they want to proselytize EVERYWHERE.

A Bible verse has no business being on a publically funded government institution. It belongs on Church property. This is a separation of church and state issue, not an issue of free speech.

Only a Christian would complain about this.

Can it get any better than that??? LMAO... :lol:

You don't believe in separation of church and state, I take it? Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat. Yes?

Pray in public schools, teach creationism in science classes, and re-write history. Are you gonna tell me Thomas Jefferson was a Christian? Did you know the Texas school board voted to write Jefferson out of their history curriculum?

"Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat."

This is the line that stuck in my mind....and seemed not only out of place, but bizarre....

Do you find that advertisers "Shove your doctrine down everyone's throat."?

Sports fans?

Why not behave in the same civil manner that you do in those cases?

Now, here is some advice that may prove helpful, it's the way I avoid those Sunday morning visits from Jehovah's Witnesses...

I drew a chalk outline of a body on the front porch, and dropped a few "Watchtower's" around it.
No more visits.

Plenty of hysterical hyperbole to go around on this one.

1. I disagree with the schools decision, but clearly they have the right to censor the content of these messages so it's really not a free speech infringement to disallow biblical verse.

2. If they allowed the bricks with biblical verses to stay, it's pretty retarded to suggest that it violates the establishment clause.

Most of you need to take off your partisan blinders, pull your head out of your ass, and try to be reasonable once in a while. Sheesh!

It is a Muslim's destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who chose to slack.

How quickly the lamenting of "anti-religious bigotry" evaporates when someone pivots to a religion other than Christianity. Impressive display.

I'm trying to figure out how discussing the salient points of Islam is the same as shutting down a school program because of a couple of biblical references.

It is a Muslim's destiny to perform Jihad and work wherever he is and wherever he lands until the final hour comes, and there is no escape from that destiny except for those who chose to slack.

How quickly the lamenting of "anti-religious bigotry" evaporates when someone pivots to a religion other than Christianity. Impressive display.

AllieBaba rightly wonders "how discussing the salient points of Islam is the same as shutting down a school program because of a couple of biblical references."

But also, would you care to explain, Greenbeard, how a criticism of Islam or that of any other religion depending on one's perspective, an instance of ideological dissent, is synonymous to religious bigotry or the State violating religious free speech?

From another thread, I know you like to make slogan speak without explication, without the whys of your bald claims; would you care to change your style of debate here?

Last edited:
I thought racism towards whites was "The Last Bastion of Allowable Prejudice", which one is it?

I'm trying to figure out how discussing the salient points of Islam is the same as shutting down a school program because of a couple of biblical references.

Or wanting to shut down the construction of a mosque?

Given that Muslims were brought up in the context of that incident (i.e. the pressure folks tried to exert on the Manhattan Borough Board to shut down that project) and Peter King's Muslim HUAC hearings, I would've thought that at least a few of the opponents of "anti-religious bigotry" would feel a little solidarity, even with folks of a different religion. Perhaps if bricks had been involved in those instances.

Ho hum. That's right...can't have freedom of religion unless the people who bombed us are allowed to build a monument to their murderous rampage on the actual site the event took place...

The devil is ALWAYS in the fine print.

That will teach them to include specific instructions of what will NOT be allowed.

I agree with the school, no religious messages....ANY religious messages should be allowed.

And the school certainly has the right to deny Christians the privilege of putting biblical excerpts on fund-raising bricks. It's idiotic, but they're within their rights.

the problem with it is that it has nothing to do with separation of church and state. To claim it does just advertises the ignorance of our educators.

And the school certainly has the right to deny Christians the privilege of putting biblical excerpts on fund-raising bricks. It's idiotic, but they're within their rights.

the problem with it is that it has nothing to do with separation of church and state. To claim it does just advertises the ignorance of our educators.

If it is a publicly funded school no religious messages, of any religion, should ever be allowed.

Ho hum. That's right...can't have freedom of religion unless the people who bombed us are allowed to build a monument to their murderous rampage on the actual site the event took place...

And it's Christians who have to deal with the anti-religion bigotry in America.

Herman Cain said during the debate in New Hampshire he wouldn't be comfortable appointing a Muslim to his cabinet because he's afraid one of them could be a terrorist. Terry Jones wants Muslim immigration blocked and their mosques to be monitored for "propaganda." What about all those Qu'ran burnings from a couple months ago?

But clearly Christians are allowed to be prejudiced against. That's why God is on the money, politicians end speeches with "God Bless America," and "under God" is on our currency. All to marginalize and give a big finger to Christianity.

When you say 'freedom of religion', I think you really mean 'freedom of Christianity'.

How silly. Christianity has complete freedom in the US to express itself fully. The problem with some Christians, is they are not content to stay in their churches, but they want to proselytize EVERYWHERE.

A Bible verse has no business being on a publically funded government institution. It belongs on Church property. This is a separation of church and state issue, not an issue of free speech.

Only a Christian would complain about this.

Why is it unreasonable for us to not want to stay in our churches when we have the right, as well as the privilege and duty to live the Gospel in all areas of our lives and share it with all people?

Which Church is established if a Bible verse is mentioned publically?

Interestingly enough, I've never had a Buddhist come up to me and ask "have you heard the good news about Buddha"?

I've never had a Muslim come up to me and ask if I wanted to follow Mohammed.

No Jewish person has ever come up to me asking if I wish to go to their temple.

The only people that seem intent on doing that are Christians. Interestingly enough, when they ask me if I knew Yeshua (Jesus to you Christians), I tell them yeah, He's my big brother. Then they ask me if I know God, and then I tell them yeah, I do, because I study Judaic theology.

Most of 'em leave me alone after that.

Forum List

Back