The Last Remaining Sambo's has Changed its Name

The last Sambo's restaurant, a chain that once boasted 1,117 locations, has changed its name. I guess the only surprising thing is, it didn't happen sooner, given its location (Santa Barbara) and people's general ignorance as to the origin of the name (a combination of the two owners' names, Sam Battistone Sr. and Newell "Bo" Bohnett).

It was a great place to for breakfast when is SB, I don't imagine that will change just because the name did...
Liberal ignorance is a terrible thing
Stop whining bitch. They associated themselves with the racist term.

" Though the name was taken from portions of the names of its founders, the chain soon found itself associated with The Story of Little Black Sambo. Battistone and Bohnett capitalized on this connection by decorating the walls of the restaurants with scenes from the book, including a dark-skinned boy, tigers, and a pale, magical unicycle-riding man called "The Treefriend". "
You're a lying pos. It's a contraction of the owners names.

Last edited:
The last Sambo's restaurant, a chain that once boasted 1,117 locations, has changed its name. I guess the only surprising thing is, it didn't happen sooner, given its location (Santa Barbara) and people's general ignorance as to the origin of the name (a combination of the two owners' names, Sam Battistone Sr. and Newell "Bo" Bohnett).

It was a great place to for breakfast when is SB, I don't imagine that will change just because the name did...
What do they call it now "crackers"?

Most of the locations are now Denny's.

" Though the name was taken from portions of the names of its founders, the chain soon found itself associated with The Story of Little Black Sambo. Battistone and Bohnett capitalized on this connection by decorating the walls of the restaurants with scenes from the book, including a dark-skinned boy, tigers, and a pale, magical unicycle-riding man called "The Treefriend". "
you cant cover up your ignorance by cursing at me

Next you’ll be telling us that niggardly is a racist term

You are an angel to try and educate asslips this way. Its useless but you keep trying. This propaganda has been going on for a coons age. Keep hitting him with truth bombs. Dont be niggardly with the instruction though I know it is time consuming. Dont sugarcoat it...just call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may. Its spooky how brainwashed they are...a black hole of ignorance. I will dance a jig if he ever attains enlightenment.
I myself am so cotton picking tired of trying I ignored him long ago. I dont have time to monkey around with that kind of ignorance.
Just shine shine shine the light of truth and then let it go.

You're a lying pos. It's a contraction of the owners names.
Yeah you dumb bitch. Evidently you have no clue what "contraction" means. :itsok:

" Though the name was taken from portions of the names of its founders "

No accident
They knew what the name meant and they had Sambo artwork in their restaurants and advertisements

Didn't get what they changed to.

"PC Victims" ?

I'm exposing your ignorance you dumb fuck. They willingly associated themselves to the racist term so please explain to the board how ignorance is at play other than your own?
Still ising curse words to fill the gaps in your limited vocabulary I see

I wish we could get a better class of minorities posting here
Actually studies have shown that if you have a vocabulary that includes curse words you are smarter than people that dont. Bitch.

Let's see that one.

Post a link.

/—-/ Same idiotic thing happened to St John’s University. Their mascot was Redmen, a nickname given to the football team’s red uniform. Libs twisted to to be a slur against Indians, so they changed it to Red Storm.

I'm exposing your ignorance you dumb fuck. They willingly associated themselves to the racist term so please explain to the board how ignorance is at play other than your own?
Still ising curse words to fill the gaps in your limited vocabulary I see

I wish we could get a better class of minorities posting here
Actually studies have shown that if you have a vocabulary that includes curse words you are smarter than people that dont. Bitch.

Let's see that one.

Post a link.

I just looked and there is a shit load of them on google. Get off your lazy ass and type you silly bitch.

/—-/ Same idiotic thing happened to St John’s University. Their mascot was Redmen, a nickname given to the football team’s red uniform. Libs twisted to to be a slur against Indians, so they changed it to Red Storm.
Did that hurt them to change it to Red Storm?

Sambo was an east Indian, idjit.

/——/ Yes, it hurt their liberty when they caved to Political Correctness gone haywire. The majority of Alumni was against it.

Sambo was an east Indian, idjit.
Wrong again you dumbass. You should be embarrassed about your ignorance.

"The word "sambo" came into the English language from the Latin American Spanish word zambo, the Spanish word in Latin America for a person of mixed African and Native American descent. "

My family knew the Battistone family. We went to church together. They had a son my age; I think his name was Mark. It was a very, very, very long time ago, and my memories of the Battistones are faint.

/——/ Yes, it hurt their liberty when they caved to Political Correctness gone haywire. The majority of Alumni was against it.
You said "caved" not forced then. Is this correct?

Forum List

Back