The left blame the right for all of Obama's failures & broken promises.

Wow! You are really original.

The guy believed it when he said it. You are not capable of understanding cause and effect.

Nor, apparently, was He.

That may be true in this case. Who could have anticipated that insurance companies....poised to gain 30,000,000 new customers....would fuck with 5 million current customers and frighten them to death? And who could have anticipated that so many of those 5 million would take the insurance companies' word for what options they have? Idiots.

I suppose a cynic might have. But our POTUS is not a cynic.

Wow, you're going to blame the insurance companies for continuing to conduct business as usual? i.e. mathematically figuring what they need to charge come the next fiscal year via risk assessment of their pool and then altering costs to maintain profitability? That's what made a fair amount of those plans void.

Or should we blame the insurance companies for offering people with lower income levels and/or insurance needs bare-bones catastrophic plans? I've opted for those twice in my lifetime, and not with any hard feelings about my economic lot in life. I opted for bare bones plans in the past because my basic health needs to this point have been minimal, I just need to know I'm covered in case of something big. Apparently, though, those plans are substandard, so fuck what I want for my money. It's the insurance companies' fault for offering me that bullshit in the first place, those low prices had a brain-washing effect on my fragile middle-class psyche.

How about the promise that if you liked your plan you could keep your plan?

How many more d'ya want?

The guy believed it when he said it. You are not capable of understanding cause and effect.

Oh! So what you're saying is that the politician who spearheaded the push on the ACA wasn't aware of one of its most major and potentially controversial aspects?

So you're saying that he's not a liar, he's just incompetent. Gotcha. Carry on, then, just make sure you boys are wearing your helmets.

No. That is not what I am saying.

Hint for you:

As a nutter, starting replies with the word "so" often leads you to bullshit territory. My comments are clear and do not require interpretation from your less than capable brain.

Try harder.

Nor, apparently, was He.

That may be true in this case. Who could have anticipated that insurance companies....poised to gain 30,000,000 new customers....would fuck with 5 million current customers and frighten them to death? And who could have anticipated that so many of those 5 million would take the insurance companies' word for what options they have? Idiots.

Wow, you're going to blame the insurance companies for continuing to conduct business as usual? i.e. mathematically figuring what they need to charge come the next fiscal year via risk assessment of their pool and then altering costs to maintain profitability? That's what made a fair amount of those plans void.

Or should we blame the insurance companies for offering people with lower income levels and/or insurance needs bare-bones catastrophic plans? I've opted for those twice in my lifetime, and not with any hard feelings about my economic lot in life. I opted for bare bones plans in the past because my basic health needs to this point have been minimal, I just need to know I'm covered in case of something big. Apparently, though, those plans are substandard, so fuck what I want for my money. It's the insurance companies' fault for offering me that bullshit in the first place, those low prices had a brain-washing effect on my fragile middle-class psyche.

You bought shit. And you are proud of it. Congratulations.

You bought shit. And you are proud of it. Congratulations.

So I should've spent more of my money on stuff that I predicted (and correctly so) would be unnecessary?

And who said I was proud? I'm not telling you that to make myself seem super-fiscal. I was using it to make my point that these "substandard" plans are oftentimes exactly appropriate for the people who voluntarily opt into them.

Seriously, I get that you think you know what's better for me than I do, but don't worry. I got me covered :)

Oh! So what you're saying is that the politician who spearheaded the push on the ACA wasn't aware of one of its most major and potentially controversial aspects?

So you're saying that he's not a liar, he's just incompetent. Gotcha. Carry on, then, just make sure you boys are wearing your helmets.

No. That is not what I am saying.

Hint for you:

As a nutter, starting replies with the word "so" often leads you to bullshit territory. My comments are clear and do not require interpretation from your less than capable brain.

Try harder.

Actually, it's not bullshit territory at all. Everything following "so" in that post is exactly accurate, whether you care to accept the implications of your words or not.

If President Obama, who did indeed spearhead the political push for the ACA, -believed- that anyone who liked their doctor and their plan could keep those things when he said them, then that means that -years- after the law had been passed (not written. . . PASSED) he was unaware of one of the most significant and potentially controversial effects of said legislation. YEARS after his -signature- legislation had passed, he was unaware of this, and that's not incompetence?

Sorry, homie, but your words mean what they mean.

What failures and broken promises?

And the Republicans do hold a majority in DC, the House of Representatives.

He was going to shut down Gitmo was not going to follow the Patriot Act and NSA models of Bush promised to cut the deficit in half by end of his first term and of course promised if you like your insurance you can keep it period. Since he did not keep these promises you can also classify them as failures and what stands as his biggest one to date unless something changes drastically Obamacare. Yes the Republicans do hold a majority in the House and the Democrats hold it in the Senate and the Whitehouse and as you may have noticed Obama seems to have problem bypassing Congress when it suits him.

Wouldn't that make him inept by default? I mean how is it that a party and a news channel that don't hold a majority in DC are able to stump a sitting president?

And how is it he can blame everyone else for everything when he doesn't even know about it till bsnbc reports it? Perhaps if he watched a news channel that actually reports the news he wouldn't be so out of the loop.

remember Obama's comment to the republicans in congress - we've got the votes to do this with you or with out you. so either get on board or get left behind.

He was going to shut down Gitmo was not going to follow the Patriot Act and NSA models of Bush promised to cut the deficit in half by end of his first term and of course promised if you like your insurance you can keep it period. Since he did not keep these promises you can also classify them as failures and what stands as his biggest one to date unless something changes drastically Obamacare. Yes the Republicans do hold a majority in the House and the Democrats hold it in the Senate and the Whitehouse and as you may have noticed Obama seems to have problem bypassing Congress when it suits him.

He said it was a goal to shutdown Gitmo, it is still, and could happen. Technicially the deficit is cut in half, although I don't remember him saying cutting it in half by the end of his first term...link?

He did impose the mandate that insurance companies allow cancelled plans to be continued through 2014.

He said it was a goal to shutdown Gitmo, it is still, and could happen. Technicially the deficit is cut in half, although I don't remember him saying cutting it in half by the end of his first term...link?

He did impose the mandate that insurance companies allow cancelled plans to be continued through 2014.
He signed the executive order to close gitmo on his first day in office if it has not happened by now it seems highly unlikely it will. Aren't laws supposed to be amended by Congress not a Presidential mandate? Here is the link.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politifact.com%2Fflorida%2Fstatements%2F2012%2Fmar%2F08%2Flenny-curry%2Fobama-promised-cut-deficit-half-end-his-first-term%2F&ei=z7b-Us7WH6KGyAGF7IGADw&usg=AFQjCNHSZqAgyV3kKBC6ejwtJdGa1P6aBQ&sig2=NGvzhFvPVG2-cHHrtYqh5A

Like FOX, right? Shep Smith reading a menu and talking for an hour about what he had for dinner?

That's REAL news, fair and balanced. FOX News said so.
Fox news is better then any obamaturd butt kissing libtarded lefty news like msnbc.

he didnt shut down Gitmo or change the Patriot Act and the right applauds him for both of those stupid decisions. Which means the right supports AND chides Obama for his decision. Unravel that chestnut

Now, now....

Think of all the American lives He saved when he brought all the troops home exactly as he announced so often in all those campaign speeches!

Think of how the whole world loves America since his grand apology tour.

Think of all the wives and children of those poor, abused Guantanamo prisoners he liberated.

Yeah, think about that......

Schooling an ignorant libtard is always very entertaining.

Wouldn't that make him inept by default? I mean how is it that a party and a news channel that don't hold a majority in DC are able to stump a sitting president?

And how is it he can blame everyone else for everything when he doesn't even know about it till bsnbc reports it? Perhaps if he watched a news channel that actually reports the news he wouldn't be so out of the loop.

You didn't list any specifics. You wouldn't mind doing that, would you?

He said he was going to shut down GITMO the first day in office.

That was almost 6 yers ago.

he didnt shut down Gitmo or change the Patriot Act and the right applauds him for both of those stupid decisions. Which means the right supports AND chides Obama for his decision. Unravel that chestnut

The question asked was what failures and broken promises I listed some how we feel about them was not asked and since those promises were more for the left how they feel about it would be more relevant than how the right does.

Forum List

Back