The left blame the right for all of Obama's failures & broken promises.

He was going to shut down Gitmo was not going to follow the Patriot Act and NSA models of Bush promised to cut the deficit in half by end of his first term and of course promised if you like your insurance you can keep it period. Since he did not keep these promises you can also classify them as failures and what stands as his biggest one to date unless something changes drastically Obamacare. Yes the Republicans do hold a majority in the House and the Democrats hold it in the Senate and the Whitehouse and as you may have noticed Obama seems to have problem bypassing Congress when it suits him.

He said it was a goal to shutdown Gitmo, it is still, and could happen. Technicially the deficit is cut in half, although I don't remember him saying cutting it in half by the end of his first term...link?

He did impose the mandate that insurance companies allow cancelled plans to be continued through 2014.

He said he was going to shut down GITMO the first day in office.

That was almost 6 yers ago.

Exactly, I've wondered the same thing. Why do you think he didn't close Gitmo? After all, Republicans supported him closing it, didn't they?

Republicans in Congress started laying plans even before the inauguration

Talk radio and cable news hosts warned viewers that dangerous terrorists might end up in a neighborhood jail, with Sean Hannity of Fox News even broadcasting an online video from House Republican leaders that juxtaposed the security of the detainee camps with images of the twin towers in flames. And from California and Virginia to the small town of Hardin, Mont., Democratic lawmakers began fending off questions about whether they would admit terrorism suspects into their own communities.

Fox News pushes GOP horror story of Obama setting Gitmo terrorists loose in U.S.

------------------------------------------------

One thing we know for sure, Republicans would never, ever purposely TERRORIZE the American people. Right? They wouldn't do that, right?

Wouldn't that make him inept by default? I mean how is it that a party and a news channel that don't hold a majority in DC are able to stump a sitting president?

And how is it he can blame everyone else for everything when he doesn't even know about it till bsnbc reports it? Perhaps if he watched a news channel that actually reports the news he wouldn't be so out of the loop.

You didn't list any specifics. You wouldn't mind doing that, would you?

Fuck off loser

It's because the left treats its politicians like celebrities and expect the right to do the same thing. The fact that most of us don't (on principle) means we're way off the deep end politically and, let us not forget, racist.

Like FOX, right? Shep Smith reading a menu and talking for an hour about what he had for dinner?

That's REAL news, fair and balanced. FOX News said so.

how honest are you ??

would you please recommend a news source that does report "fair, balanced and honest " news ?

i have asked this Q. many time of liberals and not a damn one of them as supplied a good and decently honest reporting of what is really happening, sooo, if you would.., please guide me to what you consider "fair, balanced and honest " news ?

Then why are you (Grandpa Murked) always so wrong about everything?
He is wrong about everything because he goes to ultra right wing blog sites (NewsMax, RightWingNews.com, and RightWingWatch.org to name a few) and believes that they are telling him the truth. Personally, I call those sites "sewer sites" and avoid them like the plague. The same applies to ultra left wing sites.
In those very rare cases where he happens to stumble into a real news site he automatically discounts everything he hears by calling them "the liberal media."

The bottom line is that he knows what he believes and does not want to be bothered by facts or the truth.

ooooh please name a few more, those sites you named are some i never heard of till now, the ones you named are really great, that is why i would like you to post a whole list of sites you discredit.

once more, please name more sites that post the truth ! :up:

Yeah it would be almost amusing if it wasn't so pathetic. Obama can't do a single thing right and somehow it's the Republicans fault despite the fact that he has been in power almost 6 years and gotten almost everything he's wanted.
Obama "can't do a single thing right ...." Hummmmmm. Hummmmmm. I think he got a few of these right.
I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Gadhafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he was able to get Syria to agree to destroy their poison gas without putting a single boot on the ground or risking a single American's life.

I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world community.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not afraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

when you decided to worship lying, greed, ignorance, and stupidity, you joined the commie party to become even more stupid, greedy and a liar :up: ... :lmao:

Wouldn't that make him inept by default? I mean how is it that a party and a news channel that don't hold a majority in DC are able to stump a sitting president?

And how is it he can blame everyone else for everything when he doesn't even know about it till bsnbc reports it? Perhaps if he watched a news channel that actually reports the news he wouldn't be so out of the loop.

You didn't list any specifics. You wouldn't mind doing that, would you?

Fuck off loser

Pucker up monkeybutt, I've got an ass for your puckered fat lips to slobber over:

2704.jpg

He said it was a goal to shutdown Gitmo, it is still, and could happen. Technicially the deficit is cut in half, although I don't remember him saying cutting it in half by the end of his first term...link?

He did impose the mandate that insurance companies allow cancelled plans to be continued through 2014.

Exactly, I've wondered the same thing. Why do you think he didn't close Gitmo? After all, Republicans supported him closing it, didn't they?

Talk radio and cable news hosts warned viewers that dangerous terrorists might end up in a neighborhood jail, with Sean Hannity of Fox News even broadcasting an online video from House Republican leaders that juxtaposed the security of the detainee camps with images of the twin towers in flames. And from California and Virginia to the small town of Hardin, Mont., Democratic lawmakers began fending off questions about whether they would admit terrorism suspects into their own communities.

Fox News pushes GOP horror story of Obama setting Gitmo terrorists loose in U.S.

One thing we know for sure, Republicans would never, ever purposely TERRORIZE the American people. Right? They wouldn't do that, right?

Why does the truth upset these right wingers so?

Then why are you (Grandpa Murked) always so wrong about everything?
He is wrong about everything because he goes to ultra right wing blog sites (NewsMax, RightWingNews.com, and RightWingWatch.org to name a few) and believes that they are telling him the truth. Personally, I call those sites "sewer sites" and avoid them like the plague. The same applies to ultra left wing sites.
In those very rare cases where he happens to stumble into a real news site he automatically discounts everything he hears by calling them "the liberal media."

The bottom line is that he knows what he believes and does not want to be bothered by facts or the truth.

ooooh please name a few more, those sites you named are some i never heard of till now, the ones you named are really great, that is why i would like you to post a whole list of sites you discredit.

once more, please name more sites that post the truth ! :up:
If a libtard is against a news source, the source must be truthful because libtards hate truth.

The problem is really not Republicans but the economy and the complete and total failure of any side of the political aisle to know wtf the problem is, how to solve it, and to convince the American people that they know wtf they are talking about.

What failures and broken promises?

And the Republicans do hold a majority in DC, the House of Representatives.

What failures and broken promises?

Really?

Damn you are stupid, must be the kool-aid! :cuckoo:

Some of Obama's broken promises and failures:

#1 “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.” :eusa_liar:

#2 “My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.” :eusa_liar:

#3 “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.” :eusa_liar:

#4 “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.” :eusa_liar:

#5 “We reject the use of national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.” :eusa_liar:

#6 “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.” :eusa_liar:

#7 “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years.” :eusa_liar:

#8 “We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years.” :eusa_liar:

#9 “We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.” :eusa_liar:

#10 “We support constitutional protections and judicial oversight on any surveillance program involving Americans.” :eusa_liar:

#11 “If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will end this war. You can take that to the bank.” :eusa_liar:

#12 “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.” :eusa_liar:

#13 “We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.” :eusa_liar:

#14 “[T]oday I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.” :eusa_liar:

#15 “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States. :eusa_liar:

Obama is incompetant, a failure, a fraud, a liar, and not to mention but a piece-of-shit as well. Need I say more.

In all fairness, that's been the Republican argument for keeping Gitmo open ever since that argument started brewing, and let's not sit here and pretend that the President started that argument all by himself during the '08 elections. He promised to close Gitmo because the left had been arguing that for years, and even before he got elected, while he was making that promise, you can't tell me he had no idea that Republicans would use the same argument against closing Gitmo that they'd been using the entire time.

Not saying the Republicans who are simply using this as a fear tactic (and this isn't nearly all of them. Many Republicans truly fear that closing Gitmo will result in more terror activity, right or wrong) aren't monsters for doing so, but this still doesn't vindicate the President. When he promised this, he either didn't see the obvious retort coming, which makes him incompetent, or he -did- see the retort coming and had planned to roll over all along, which makes him a liar. Take your pick, either looks bad.

I will have us out of Afghanistan/Iraq within 6 months

I will close Gitmo

I will run the most transparent administration ever.

You can keep your plan if you like it

Health care costs will go down

5 and there are more,many more
I'm still waiting for his cabinet secretaries to come up with $100M in spending cuts.

OP- Damn straight. Duh. Pubs and racists/brainwashed just had to screw up the Magic Negro, the recovery, and the country, just so they could say he was a failure....too obvious though...

Here's a test for good media and politicians. Who say Obama controlled things for 2 years, when it was less than 6 months- 13 DAYS in session. Huge lie.

Last edited:
Yeah it would be almost amusing if it wasn't so pathetic. Obama can't do a single thing right and somehow it's the Republicans fault despite the fact that he has been in power almost 6 years and gotten almost everything he's wanted.
Obama "can't do a single thing right ...." Hummmmmm. Hummmmmm. I think he got a few of these right.
I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Gadhafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he was able to get Syria to agree to destroy their poison gas without putting a single boot on the ground or risking a single American's life.

I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world community.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not afraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

sucka_drank_the_koolaid_shirt.jpg

Forum List

Back